Why do you hate BC? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Why do you hate BC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I hate Catholics.
So I get an official warning for posting something with only a tenuous connection to a thread or saying RE2.0 is just like his predecessors, and yet this stays up here for hours? I'm not Catholic, but even tongue in cheek it is offensive. Where is the admin on this board?

Reaction Score
So I get an official warning for posting something with only a tenuous connection to a thread or saying RE2.0 is just like his predecessors, and yet this stays up here for hours? I'm not Catholic, but even tongue in cheek it is offensive. Where is the admin on this board?

Has always been fair ground putting down Catholics.

Not right but a way of life.

Reaction Score
So would you support Uconn joining the Big Ten

I would differentiate between us, in 2017, leaving a second rate conference as the last holdover to save ourselves from the destruction of our athletic department, from them, in 2003, jump-starting the disintegration of regional conferences and ultimately college sports in the northeast in general, leaving for the ACC and then blackballing other regional schools from joining.

I don't doubt that it was driven by money and self-interest and I don't doubt that those are the two things that ultimately drives us. But they own a special place in hell for being among the first to normalize greed, backstabbing, and elitism as a part of college sports and permanently inscribing corporate language into the commercialization of unpaid college athletes. It's freaking stupid to fly to Virginia on a weekday for a conference game. Deep down everybody whose pockets are lined from these TV deals knows that but it doesn't stop them from partaking in the exploitation of everybody on the outside.

I hate Notre Dame but at least the Big East knew what they were getting into with them. For a founding member of a conference to leave in the night and completely disassociate themselves from the region - and as a private school, that was a problem for them as it was - had led us to where we are now. They're a lot like Duke in that they are an island, completely insulated from the pulse of the culture that surrounds them. Is it hypocritical? I don't know, I'm not sure it matters. They represent everything that is wrong with college sports.

Reaction Score

You know what is also an enjoyable read?

Uconn -- 5, 4, 1
final fours, championships and major bowl games for Uconn.

Remind me again how many BC has?
BC has the ACC and that is it. And they are the laughingstock of that conference, almost always the basement dwellers in basketball. They have a decent football team this year after being terrible for years but will not get much better. They do not even deserve anyones serious attention. Like that noisey little brother, you just ignore. Tweet again when you have even 2 final fours...lol

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
BC is unworthy of my hate. They really haven't done enough to be worth the effort. The football team was ok when it had strong QBs, Flutie, Foley, Ryan. Otherwise...meh. Basketball hasn't been competitive in what, 20 years? How many games in a row did we win playing home and road? It's a nice campus and a good school, but its own students don't much care about athletics, nor do most alumni (I know many and married one). It's a hockey school, and a damned good one.

Reaction Score
BC is unworthy of my hate. They really haven't done enough to be worth the effort. The football team was ok when it had strong QBs, Flutie, Foley, Ryan. Otherwise...meh. Basketball hasn't been competitive in what, 20 years? How many games in a row did we win playing home and road? It's a nice campus and a good school, but its own students don't much care about athletics, nor do most alumni (I know many and married one). It's a hockey school, and a damned good one.
Their glory days were between 2001 and 2009 when they made the sweet 16 a grand total of one time and lost in the second round as the higher seed 4 times and once more in the first round and had maybe three seasons of +25 wins...Yay. They have 9 losing records since joining the ACC, 4 of those seasons being single digit wins and have not been back to the tourney since 09. Cuse or even Pitt is more deserving of any feeling.

They kept Uconn out of the ACC by blocking them because they could not compete against Uconn, going 3 and 29 in the last 32 games, including 23 straight losses. It feels good to know they were afraid of Uconn.

Again, have fun being basement dwellers in the acc.

Reaction Score
For a fanbase that says we don't have a rivalry and pretends not to care about us, they really do seem to read a lot of the Boneyard, don't they? ;)
It's laughable that UConn fans don't care for their message board, but some of theirs feel such a need to come here (or live here) and tell us what they think they are. What's amusing is @HartfordHank acts civil for all this time, and now he's fallen off his rocker.

That kind of sums up how much they care about us.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
It's laughable that UConn fans don't care for their message board, but some of theirs feel such a need to tell us what they think they are. What's amusing is @HartfordHank acts civil for all this time, and now he's fallen off his rocker.

Can you blame him?

I'd fall off my rocker too if my entire athletics department sucked the way his has sucked for as long as they have sucked...

Reaction Score
It's laughable that UConn fans don't care for their message board, but some of theirs feel such a need to come here (or live here) and tell us what they think they are. What's amusing is @HartfordHank acts civil for all this time, and now he's fallen off his rocker.

That kind of sums up how much they care about us.

Please where have I been uncivil. You might not like what I am posting, the truth, but I am always civil. Sitting comfortably in my rocker while I do it!

I find the boneyard very amusing. That is why I come here!

Reaction Score
Can you blame him?

I'd fall off my rocker too if my entire athletics department sucked the way his has sucked for as long as they have sucked...

Gee, if we suck so bad why did we just beat UConn so soundly? For the second year in a row?

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Please where have I been uncivil. You might not like what I am posting, the truth, but I am always civil. Sitting comfortably in my rocker while I do it!

I find the boneyard very amusing. That is why I come here!
How is it being a Yankee Catholic, hated by all those southern ACC schools?

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Gee, if we suck so bad why did we just beat UConn so soundly? For the second year in a row?

Enjoy the Jalapeno Mac and Cheese Bowl, now that you finally have a team that has won an ACC conference game for the first time in...ever. Even in the recovery year after having the worst head coach in the history of college football, we were still able to dominate you for the first 18 minutes of the game. Think about that. And we'll have this same conversation the next time we play with a different outcome.

And Saturday STILL doesn't change the fact that your entire athletic department has sucked, continues to suck, and will suck until the end of time...

Reaction Score
we were still able to dominate you for the first 18 minutes of the game.

Amazed that was not the headline in the Hartford Courant. "UConn Dominates for 18 Minutes!"

Unfortunately a football game is 60 minutes long! The team that has the most points after 60 minutes wins. And you dominated so completely you led 3 to 0. Wow is that ever domination! How did we ever overcome that type of domination?

Reaction Score
How is it being a Yankee Catholic, hated by all those southern ACC schools?

I have met many, many fans from other ACC Schools. Attended road games at these schools. Never once have I felt any hate. More like Southern Hospitality. Amazing how nice and welcoming people from Clemson have been for one.

All that hate is part of your hate clouded fantasy world!

Where else do you see a thread called Why do you hate BC? You don't!

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Amazed that was not the headline in the Hartford Courant. "UConn Dominates for 18 Minutes!"

Unfortunately a football game is 60 minutes long! The team that has the most points after 60 minutes wins. And you dominated so completely you led 3 to 0. Wow is that ever domination! How did we ever overcome that type of domination?

You got outgained by a team in turmoil, and that's the second best program your entire athletic department has. You had far fewer fans than an opposing team to a football game in your own city. You measure success with the Proctor and Gamble Bowl appearances. We measure our success with national championships.

And finally, you find yourself on a UConn fan site. Likely because who the hell would want to talk about BC Athletics...

Reaction Score
Absolutely.

But here's the funny thing; out of the schools in the list above that defected, can you name even one of them that is better off today than they were with the Big East?

I can't. Yes, they're making more money, but their athletic programs have all suffered. You could make the argument that Syracuse has been the least affected of the bunch, but even they were stronger from a basketball perspective in the Big East:

Syracuse - slightly worse off or about even
BC - much worse off except for hockey which is unaffected by ACC conference
ND - unaffected in olympic sports
Louisville - slightly worse off
Pitt - MUCH worse off
WVU - (forced into the move) worse off...now the fifth best team in a conference instead of best team from football standpoint
St. John's - completely irrelevant now
Georgetown - much worse off
Villanova - perhaps the only winner. The top school in their new conference vs. the 5th best in their old one

So from all that greed, there was only one winner in the whole bunch...

ND won an ACC basketball title and have two Elite 8 finishes in the past three years. I think that ND athletics is better off having 24 sports in the ACC versus the Big East.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
ND won an ACC basketball title and have two Elite 8 finishes in the past three years. I think that ND athletics is better off having 24 sports in the ACC versus the Big East.

I would say you guys are almost a wash. You won a few national championships in the Big East. Your women's soccer team was at its height in the Big East. Your men's basketball is probably about equal in performance between Big East and ACC. Women's basketball is experiencing a big dropoff right now for you. Etc, etc. You're not really better off right now, other than the money obviously...

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I have met many, many fans from other ACC Schools. Attended road games at these schools. Never once have I felt any hate. More like Southern Hospitality. Amazing how nice and welcoming people from Clemson have been for one.

All that hate is part of your hate clouded fantasy world!

Where else do you see a thread called Why do you hate BC? You don't!
No Southerner likes Yankee Catholics who mooch off the conference and add nothing to the revenue.

I've lived in the South for 32 years.

Reaction Score
You got outgained by a team in turmoil,

Again the winner is the team with the most point, not who gained the most yards.

UConn has always been very proud of their garbage time yards and points. Believe they matter when your starters play against our second stringers!

Wow you dominated for EIGHTEEN MINUTES! Be real proud of that! Almost a moral victory! Imagine if you had dominated for over 20 minutes! That would have been a moral victory! And you out gained us, WOW! Be proud of that as well! You still lost but a lot to be proud about!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No Southerner likes Yankee Catholics who mooch off the conference and add nothing to the revenue.

I've lived in the South for 32 years.

Congratulation for living in the South for 32 years. Quite an accomplishment! That must make you an expert on how Southerners behave. How did a fine Southerner like you end up at a Yankee College like UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom