Who's your list for next HC? | Page 58 | The Boneyard

Who's your list for next HC?

Reaction Score
I like cignetti, but I’m sure that is not happening. Entz stepping into a defending national championship program is not a negative. For one, he knows what a championship program looks like, plus he’s doing a great job with continuing to win the THREE years he’s been coaching there which isn’t an easy task. At first I was all for cignetti and still am, but he may not want to leave JMU do to his age and success there and aren’t they moving up to fbs?
He’s still 10 years younger than Nick Saban, his old boss. He’s only earning $425,000/year now. So without the horse’s head, make him an offer he can’t refuse! How about $2 million?

Reaction Score
Let me say I enjoy D3 football a lot. But I’d stay away from D3coaches. Might be very good coaches for sure, but it is a whole different animal. Within the same conference you can have schools who take it seriously as say Trinity does, and those who take it much Less so. There are schools in the NESCAC, for example, who want The football team to reflect the general student body and others like Trinity, who aggressively recruit guys who meet but rarely exceed NESCAC admission standards. It may change over time, see recent Wesleyan performance and how it changed when the coach’s wife becomes an admissions officer.But it’s there. Some recruit kids who get lots of financial aid. Others don’t. Some don’t let players uses sports as a justification for scheduling semesters abroad in the Spring rather than fall so lose a few Jrs. Every September. There are schools who have gone 10-15 years without beating others. It would be one thing if they were in different leagues, but they aren’t. And lots of D3 leagues are like that. Different world entirely. So I’d vote no on a d3 only guy.
UConn won't pay $2 million for a D3 coach.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
That would be awkward since almost no one will still be there. I might be.
As odd as it might be, it would have to be timed for the end of the first quarter. That's when we'll hit our peak of 2500 in the stands. Including the band, 62 students, the vendors, and the "security" staff.

Banta55

Hoops since 86"
Reaction Score
If Moorhead and Herman are out, I still think Cignetti should be our top target. The guy was successful everywhere and has coached under other very successful HC's.
I'd be very surprised if it's any of these three..

Reaction Score
Read it again. @freescooter never endorsed paying $2million for a D3 Coach.
Sorry, didn't mean to mislead or conflate. What was going through my mind was...if they are considering paying $2 million for a coach, it won't be for a D3 coach. It was just awkwardly stated.

Reaction Score
Matt Rhule was successful even with GDL on staff. Great coach. Knew how to use him

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
We are going to be a stepping stone job and should hire accordingly.
What do you mean by hire accordingly? I agree we need to know we're a stepping stone job, but to me it doesn't impact who I hire. I want the best available coach who wants to be here. If they succeed and leave, that's just the life of UConn football. AD David Benedict just needs to keep a running list so he's always prepared for that eventuality.

Reaction Score
What do you mean by hire accordingly? I agree we need to know we're a stepping stone job, but to me it doesn't impact who I hire. I want the best available coach who wants to be here. If they succeed and leave, that's just the life of UConn football. AD David Benedict just needs to keep a running list so he's always prepared for that eventuality.
Use Cincy as example. They knew they were a stepping stone job and hired coaches that will continue their success. Dantonio, Kelly, Jones, Tuberville (really the only bad mark) and now Fickell. It got them into the Big 12. None of this "the cupboard is bare" BS. Offensively the talent is there to win games, we are just wasting it with terrible hires. Hire someone that wants to get us to winning in 3 years because they're looking for their next big gig and keep doing that until we get to a place where we look like 10-15 years ago.

Reaction Score
Is Al Golden really golden for UConn? He did not excel at Miami. If they offer him the job, will it be a five year trial period. Hope he isn't a Paul Pasq. type has been.

Reaction Score
Is Al Golden really golden for UConn? He did not excel at Miami. If they offer him the job, will it be a five year trial period. Hope he isn't a Paul Pasq. type has been.
If they hire Golden the UConn Athletic Department will never see another dime from me after donating for 23 straight years.

Bringing in a retread who's been out of college coaching for as long as he has will be the final nail in the coffin for UConn football.

Plus, ask some of the NJ high school coaches what they think of him and his boy D'Onofrio. The goal is to bring in someone with strong recruiting ties. Not someone that high school coaches despise

Reaction Score
Well, ya have to have a list to work through… wonder who they may be putting pressure on?

Reaction Score
If they hire Golden the UConn Athletic Department will never see another dime from me after donating for 23 straight years.

Bringing in a retread who's been out of college coaching for as long as he has will be the final nail in the coffin for UConn football.

Plus, ask some of the NJ high school coaches what they think of him and his boy D'Onofrio. The goal is to bring in someone with strong recruiting ties. Not someone that high school coaches despise
Well following the lead of HS coaches has never hurt us in terms of hiring, huh?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom