Who's your list for next HC? | Page 49 | The Boneyard

Who's your list for next HC?

Reaction Score
Here's a food for thought page that came out before any firings. Just a fun read on who to keep an eye on.

Excited for December when the dominos start to fall and UConn will be able to get their guy.

Reaction Score
Hiring a middle of the pack (rankings wise) offensive coordinator, just fired from a continually disappointing school because his offense is "too bland" would play right into the ongoing narrative of UConn's football failings.

The fact that we’ve been in a bad position for a very long time, I’m surprised that some are even wanting Lashlee to be hired. He’s a fine OC who had our offense ballin, but the head coaching position is a different animal. We need an experienced head coach for this next hire. Again, he doesn’t have to be a current HC but at least was one at some point.

Reaction Score
The fact that we’ve been in a bad position for a very long time, I’m surprised that some are even wanting Lashlee to be hired. He’s a fine OC who had our offense ballin, but the head coaching position is a different animal. We need an experienced head coach for this next hire. Again, he doesn’t have to be a current HC but at least was one at some point.
TBF John Dunn has just as much success as OC at UConn as Lashlee. Even more so if you consider he was doing it Edsall's way.

Reaction Score
I'm a fan of Lashlee but I agree with you. Our next hire must have some head coaching experience.

Reaction Score
Here's a food for thought page that came out before any firings. Just a fun read on who to keep an eye on.

Excited for December when the dominos start to fall and UConn will be able to get their guy.
nice list.. wouldn't be surprised one bit if our guy is somewhere on this list... just the right one (hopefully)... Not in the mood for re-treads or "Disco" parties.... heck, I even see guys that could be plucked to help on the staff... poach a HC, an OC, a DC, a RB coach. a QB coach, ALL of which are priorities as well...

Reaction Score
nice list.. wouldn't be surprised one bit if our guy is somewhere on this list... just the right one (hopefully)... Not in the mood for re-treads or "Disco" parties.... heck, I even see guys that could be plucked to help on the staff... poach a HC, an OC, a DC, a RB coach. a QB coach, ALL of which are priorities as well...
I’m surprised NDSU‘s Matt Entz is not on that list the guy is 29-3 the last 3/4yrs. Hope he’s on Daves list.

Reaction Score
TBF John Dunn has just as much success as OC at UConn as Lashlee. Even more so if you consider he was doing it Edsall's way.

If Lashlee is not able to win and put up points with Miami's talent what makes anyone think he will put up points with UConn's FCS roster? I was high on Lashlee as a candidate til I realized what he would be working with and then recalled what his red zone success .. or should I say lack of success was at UConn.... with better talent.

Reaction Score
I love the MAC coaches. There are several on that list. I like the Eastern Michigan guy too. Took over a program that had 1 winning season since 1993 and has made them at least respectable. There is something about that league that turns out pretty competent head coaches. As well as some great ones. Saban, Urban Meyer, Kelley, all started in the MAC. Clauses at Wake coached at Bowling Green. That is where I’d be looking.

Reaction Score
If Lashlee is not able to win and put up points with Miami's talent what makes anyone think he will put up points with UConn's FCS roster? I was high on Lashlee as a candidate til I realized what he would be working with and then recalled what his red zone success .. or should I say lack of success was at UConn.... with better talent.
I give Lashlee a bit of a break because he is down to his third (maybe 2nd depending on who you ask) QB, has his top 2 running backs out for the season, and a couple of offensive line starters also out for the year. I also think he works for a complete moron, and that can't help. Sort of how Kendal Briles didn't look too good working at FSU, but now looks pretty good running the Arkansas offense.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I love the MAC coaches. There are several on that list. I like the Eastern Michigan guy too. Took over a program that had 1 winning season since 1993 and has made them at least respectable. There is something about that league that turns out pretty competent head coaches. As well as some great ones. Saban, Urban Meyer, Kelley, all started in the MAC. Clauses at Wake coached at Bowling Green. That is where I’d be looking.
I agree. Most importantly...they have led a program. They have had to recruit in tough places to recruit. The successful ones have a track record of building a culture.

I really don't think DB can hope a coordinator can lead a program. He needs proven success.

Reaction Score
I think they key to coordinator thing is that the ones that will be successful know they have P5 positions waiting for them. The Clemson coordinators, the Georgia coordinators, Alex Grinch, those guys will get an opportunity very soon to be P5 head coaches.

I'd love to see what a guy like Jason Candle could do with better resources. I'd imagine he would bring over most of his staff and add in a few more pieces and be up and running very quickly.

Also still very high on Sean Lewis.

Reaction Score
I think this is spot on. It will be interesting to see how Kansas does… I’m confident they will see success. If so it highlights the difference between hiring a big name like Les vs someone who can coach up with less.

Reaction Score
I give Lashlee a bit of a break because he is down to his third (maybe 2nd depending on who you ask) QB, has his top 2 running backs out for the season, and a couple of offensive line starters also out for the year. I also think he works for a complete moron, and that can't help. Sort of how Kendal Briles didn't look too good working at FSU, but now looks pretty good running the Arkansas offense.

I havent been paying attention to Miami’s qb situation but i recall Lashlee running the qb a lot. When an OC runs thier qb as one of the primary options it opens them up to injury which will impact the rest of the year … unless you are Ohio State. Also unless my memory is foggy Lashlee, while putting up solid total offense yards, didn’t succeed where it mattered most… red zone…. Though it was nice to have an offense the scored more than 10-13 points a game. Not convinced that should be the the requirement for UConn’s head coach. A top proven MAC coach is much more appealing…. All in on Sean Lewis if I had my pick. A coach that does more with less is much more appealing than a flavor of the week.

Reaction Score
Just watched Pitt beat Clemson. How about Whipple?

Not campaigning for him. Just putting ot out there

Reaction Score
Just watched Pitt beat Clemson. How about Whipple?

Not campaigning for him. Just putting ot out there
If he had been hired instead of PP, we wouldn’t be having this discussion. WTIC actually mistakenly reported UCONN had hired him. One of the reasons he ultimately wasn’t hired is he said he wanted his own staff where PP was willing to retain the UConn staff.

Banta55

Hoops since 86"
Reaction Score
If he had been hired instead of PP, we wouldn’t be having this discussion. WTIC actually mistakenly reported UCONN had hired him. One of the reasons he ultimately wasn’t hired is he said he wanted his own staff where PP was willing to retain the UConn staff.
Absolutely, wouldn't be in this situation..Just read on Twitter Todd Orlando is their top choice.

Reaction Score
I mean whoever gets it has to have some husky pride and make it their project and not some southern dip just looking to advance, but what do I know.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom