OT: - Who you g.o.t. | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: Who you g.o.t.

Reaction Score
Regicide used to be considered a pretty horrible offense, so they are simply repeating that old nugget (but without giving the context for this audience). The only way we know that Regicide is considered a big sin is that whenever someone uttered the words "Kingslayer" throughout the seasons, they did so with revulsion.

I am not suggesting that John should have become king. I am suggesting that it is strange that it is never even mentioned in the final episode of the series. John's whole arc seemed to be the backbone of the show. They didn't do his story justice in the finale.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I am not suggesting that John should have become king. I am suggesting that it is strange that it is never even mentioned in the final episode of the series. John's whole arc seemed to be the backbone of the show. They didn't do his story justice in the finale.
Jon Snow was the tragic figure in this show.
He was born regal, but told he was a bastard.
He was lied to (for his own good), and told he was less than those around him. It's not clear why Ned wouldn't tell him who he was when he was a grown man, or after Robert Baratheon was dead, but it at some point it's just gratuitously harming him.
Because of the lies he was told, and never corrected, he joined the Night's Watch, where he had the promise of being celibate and lonely for the rest of his life.
He's a genuinely good dude, and cares about people, and for that he is treated with open hostility by much of the guard.
He saves wildlings from the wights, and the night king, and is murdered for his kindness.
He then endures the torment of being brought back to life, where he again faces scorn and ridicule from his killers.
He watches his brother get cut down at the B of the B, and then is almost killed before being saved.
He then commits himself to fighting the NK for the benefit of everybody.
He falls in love with a woman, only to find out she is his aunt and bat crap crazy.
He removes the greatest danger to the people of the world, for which his punishment is imprisonment and then exile.

In the end, he may have been the only truly good character, and his character arc, which was constant sacrifice for others without concern for self, was constant and perfect.

Reaction Score
Regicide used to be considered a pretty horrible offense, so they are simply repeating that old nugget (but without giving the context for this audience). The only way we know that Regicide is considered a big sin is that whenever someone uttered the words "Kingslayer" throughout the seasons, they did so with revulsion.
tenor.gif

Reaction Score
GOT has been spoiled before season 8 even ran on Reddit freefolk. This reinforces who posts here and what they actually "know" and "sources".

Reaction Score
Full circl
full circle. John ended up being treated like a bastard just as he started. The fact he went back to the wall as a Targaryen heir replicates the first leader of the watch we saw in aemon Targaryen who was the true heir after argon/raegar???(sorry so many names) he didn’t want the throne just like his nephew Jon snow. This guy gave him his sword as well. Despite all the issues there will never be an acceptable end on screen or something n print. The one thing we have all gotten better at as a society is finding fault or imperfections in everything in an attempt to be more in the know and what not. (See this post!) Martin,should he got off his arse and finish will not make everyone of his actual long tie readers happy either. One thing with us fantasy and comic book nerds. We are all ornery. Now the bright spot is the guy who we all thought was the star of this show and didn’t get past season one got his just reward. Ned Stark fathered the king of Westeros. The queen of the independent north. And pretty I have much the king of the free folk wildlings. Rushed ?absolutely!Could it have been better over more episodes ?maybe, we just didn’t want it to end. But the exiled Jon waltzing out past the wall and seeing the gate close (with obvious orders by the new king or respect from his fellow watchmen for his sacrifices) was perfect. The ambiguity of the sopranos made us confused. The ending of Lost destroyed us for finales. This was probably as close to good as you can get. In respect to Jon’s weaker lines, how about Dinklage’s role this whole season? By far his best from the most popular character in what many think was the worst season overall.

Reaction Score
Full circl

full circle. John ended up being treated like a bastard just as he started. The fact he went back to the wall as a Targaryen heir replicates the first leader of the watch we saw in aemon Targaryen who was the true heir after argon/raegar???(sorry so many names) he didn’t want the throne just like his nephew Jon snow. This guy gave him his sword as well. Despite all the issues there will never be an acceptable end on screen or something n print. The one thing we have all gotten better at as a society is finding fault or imperfections in everything in an attempt to be more in the know and what not. (See this post!) Martin,should he got off his arse and finish will not make everyone of his actual long tie readers happy either. One thing with us fantasy and comic book nerds. We are all ornery. Now the bright spot is the guy who we all thought was the star of this show and didn’t get past season one got his just reward. Ned Stark fathered the king of Westeros. The queen of the independent north. And pretty I have much the king of the free folk wildlings. Rushed ?absolutely!Could it have been better over more episodes ?maybe, we just didn’t want it to end. But the exiled Jon waltzing out past the wall and seeing the gate close (with obvious orders by the new king or respect from his fellow watchmen for his sacrifices) was perfect. The ambiguity of the sopranos made us confused. The ending of Lost destroyed us for finales. This was probably as close to good as you can get. In respect to Jon’s weaker lines, how about Dinklage’s role this whole season? By far his best from the most popular character in what many think was the worst season overall.

Agreed. Just wished everything post season 5ish wasn't rushed so the Double D's could move on to their next project. This should have been a 10-11 season show with 10 episodes each.

I was happy with the conclusion, but not with how we got there. I feel like there was a lot more character development needed then three bloody episodes for Dany to go from the breaker of chains and ruler of right to bat * insane.

I wish they took a little more from the book. Especially the Dorne plot.. they could have easily had the decent into the final of each character's arc make much more sense if they just took their friggin time.

It's the story of a generation. How George came up with all of this in his head is totally mind boggling. If your going to tell it for him, do it slow and do it right.

TLDR: Great conclusion, bad way of getting there, please don't do this to Star Wars too.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
Can anyone explain to me how Jamie and Cersei were covered with bricks but the building was still standing? The building was supposed to be collapsing on them in one episode but in the next episode the building is still up and their covered in bricks. Very sloppy. And where did all those extra wildling children and women come from?

Reaction Score
Can anyone explain to me how Jamie and Cersei were covered with bricks but the building was still standing?
For the believability factor you're not more concerned about the flying, flame breathing dragons or the guy who raises the dead?

Reaction Score
Tyrion did come off well this whole season, you're right. Given Varys's end, and with all the Dothraki and Unsullied looking on, you really had to wonder why Tyrion wasn't summarily executed on the spot, but whatever. If you ever watched the post-show with the writers, you could not have much faith that the writing was going to hold up. Quite frankly, they seemed like blockheads to me. I know Martin is there working for HBO but he is really just tracing the storylines. He is definitely involved, and it ended the way he wanted it to. Now, if he was really cynical and smart, he could drive up sales for his books by diverging from the HBO story. It would be a neat little trick to play on HBO, thereby lining his own pockets. But, he has other shows in the pipeline for HBO, including one soon coming out, which he's producing/writing together with a friend of mine. So, I'm not sure the books will diverge much, but they will be better written.

Reaction Score
So, I watched the GOT documentary last night and there is a part where they are preparing to shoot episode 1 of the last season in Belfast. There is a guy unloading wardrobe off a truck with a UConn t shirt on. Made me appreciate the show more

Attachments

• AEAAD647-214F-4993-94BA-A83B34C7CE21.jpeg
    AEAAD647-214F-4993-94BA-A83B34C7CE21.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 35
Reaction Score
So, I watched the GOT documentary last night and there is a part where they are preparing to shoot episode 1 of the last season in Belfast. There is a guy unloading wardrobe off a truck with a UConn t shirt on. Made me appreciate the show more

That has to be Upstater

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom