OT: Who you g.o.t.

Reaction Score
13C9C895-1312-4A15-BD11-46E584EF6EFA.jpeg
W
Who will sit on the iron throne?

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Normally I would direct you to the Entertainment board, but this is probably big enough to talk about here for a day in the middle of spring.

Not sure how Bran is 1:5 - that seems far fetched. The way they've written and run it this season, I think it's Jon.

Reaction Score
Normally I would direct you to the Entertainment board, but this is probably big enough to talk about here for a day in the middle of spring.

Not sure how Bran is 1:5 - that seems far fetched. The way they've written and run it this season, I think it's Jon.
Doesn’t make sense to me either. I thought his whole journey and awakening put him outside earthly concerns. He’s not even “Bran” anymore, so really we are talking about the Three Eyed Raven taking the throne, which would make zero sense, unless the Three Eyed Raven is some ethereal spirit/consciousness separate from its host that is secretly motivated to take over the world

Wish you could bet the field against those odds

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Doesn’t make sense to me either. I thought his whole journey and awakening put him outside earthly concerns. He’s not even “Bran” anymore, so really we are talking about the Three Eyed Raven taking the throne, which would make zero sense, unless the Three Eyed Raven is some ethereal spirit/consciousness separate from its host that is secretly motivated to take over the world

Wish you could bet the field against those odds
He did say that he and the Night King were connected, maybe NK will shed the Bran skin at just the right moment and take over?

Reaction Score
This last season has suffered big time by its plot moving far too fast, and the character development has severely suffered because of it. Not to mention several storylines have become irrelevant and run into dead ends.

Really is a damn shame how quickly David Benioff and D.B. Weiss want to wrap this show up so they can start focusing on directing Star Wars, all at the expense of the show's legacy and its fanbase.

Reaction Score
All I know is that the 8th season has been a major disappointment.

But it’s Bran.
I Agree. Especially the last two episodes. Almost like they had different writers for the final season. No depth to the episodes. Maybe they wanted to end with no one begging for more :)
Edit: better said by InKembaITrust

Reaction Score
I have truly hated this season. Enough that I just don't care. The writers have ruined this show.

The plot moves so faster characterization makes absolutely no sense.

Just burn them all

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
It's not just bad storytelling—it’s because the storytelling style changed from sociological to psychological. In fact, the souring of Game of Thrones exposes a fundamental shortcoming of our storytelling culture in general: we don’t really know how to tell good sociological stories. It’s easy to miss this fundamental narrative lane change and blame the series’ downturn on plain old bad writing by Benioff and Weiss—partly because they are genuinely bad at it. They didn’t just switch the explanatory dynamics of the story, they did a terrible job in the new lane as well.

The Real Reason Fans Hate The Last Season of Game of Thrones

Reaction Score
Oh GOT, where did we go wrong. Sigh.
Jon kills worm to get to Dani, who needs to be killed because she is crazy. He runs her through with Valerian steel. He then goes to live in either the North with the free folk or with the Night's Watch, if that's still a thing.
Tyrion ends up on some sort of a council that selects the new king, who is Bran.
Fade to black.

Regarding the show in general, the single worst moment of the show was the Night King walking into the Keebler tree area with 20 nasty undead thugs around him and thousands of zombies . . . and . . . he's killed by a 95 pound female who jumps from who knows where - he's quick enough to sense her, spin, and catch her perfectly by the neck, all without seeing her, but then, when she drops the knife, he's too stupid and slow to just extend his arm, which is about 10" longer than hers, and smash her irritating character's head in, which would have been a much better result for the show. Further making that moment the absolute nadir of the show is the fact that her character took 4 or 5 lethal stab wounds to the gut, but Hollywooded her way out of certain death. Or, if you want that character to kill the NK, then at least have a reveal where it turns out that the waif killed her, and Arya is the waif.
Better ending. . .
Have the fugitives from the fight make their way south, final 3 way battle at king's Landing, Night King wins, in the end, everybody is slaughtered except a few thousand children, and except Jon Snow, who is the only decent person on the show, who becomes the new Night King, goes back to the north with his white baddies, and waits a few thousand years until nasty men need, again, to be annihilated.
End it like the Sopranos - made all the Hollywood ending lovers angry but, really, contends for the greatest ending of any TV series ever, considering how they put the diner sequence together.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
The Actual throne was most likely destroyed last episode so I don’t know how this is gonna happen. I’m trying to boycott the last episode in protest to the writers turning GOT into a Marvel movie.

Reaction Score
What an awful, rushed season in what had been such a great series. I'm still rooting for the dragon queen, despite what the writers did to her. Dracarys.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The little drunk guy.

I've used his meme for a few years to describe what I do for work.

I'm assuming this is a GoT reference but haven't ever watched show.

Twitter-Yo-en-la-universidad-76e092.png

Last edited:

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Jon. If not Jon, Tyrion.

Jon has shown himself to have all the qualities of good king. He getting reinvented with more backstory.

Tyrion just because it would be kind of awesome.

Reaction Score
No ones ending up on the throne, can’t believe people think Bran??

Reaction Score
I agree weird odds for bran. Can’t wait for tonight

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom