OT: - Who you g.o.t. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Who you g.o.t.

Reaction Score
Well to be fair "The Blood Raven" AKA Brandon Rivers (was the hand of the king to Aerys the 1st) after the first Blackfyre rebellion (and also up until after the 3rd Blackfyre rebellion... if you count what's going on in the end of "A Dance with Dragons"). (if you've read "A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms").

Blood Raven goes north with none other then Maester Aemon to the black after some fued with Maegor the Cruel when accused of killing King Aerys I (again accompanied by Ser Duncan the Tall if you've read the novella's), and eventually becomes the Lord Commander. He was then lost beyond the wall on a ranging about 13 years after taking the black. You've probably seen him in the shows - he's the three eyed raven ..

So I guess Bran kind of makes sense - just in the reverse order of Blood Raven, and Blood Raven being the hand and all instead of the king himself.

Who knows really. I hope it doesn't end up that way. But it looks like Dumb and Dumber themselves are directing tonight's episode, instead of leaving it to their incredible team of directors. That petrifies me more then anything else.. especially someone who has put countless hours into the books, novellas, show and all the lore that surrounds it.

Sigh... we'll see.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Bran makes no sense even being on the list, let alone the favorite. Jon has the best claim, and temperament. Dany has the claim but just went nuts. Gendry has a claim, could fit. Arya has no interest and I doubt Sansa ever leaves the north again.

Tyrion and Sam best as advisors.

Reaction Score
He did say that he and the Night King were connected, maybe NK will shed the Bran skin at just the right moment and take over?
That’s pretty much what I’m getting at. I swear to god...

I’m going off the BY for a few hours; I’m PST and have to wait. I’ll see you all on the other side of what I can only anticipate being a disappointingly unsatisfying ending to what was once an all-time great series. Hate him all you want, but GRRM really did have the magic touch. This show took a NOSEDIVE the instant the show writers moved beyond book content.

Reaction Score
Well to be fair "The Blood Raven" AKA Brandon Rivers (was the hand of the king to Aerys the 1st) after the first Blackfyre rebellion (and also up until after the 3rd Blackfyre rebellion... if you count what's going on in the end of "A Dance with Dragons"). (if you've read "A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms").

Blood Raven goes north with none other then Maester Aemon to the black after some fued with Maegor the Cruel when accused of killing King Aerys I (again accompanied by Ser Duncan the Tall if you've read the novella's), and eventually becomes the Lord Commander. He was then lost beyond the wall on a ranging about 13 years after taking the black. You've probably seen him in the shows - he's the three eyed raven ..

So I guess Bran kind of makes sense - just in the reverse order of Blood Raven, and Blood Raven being the hand and all instead of the king himself.

Who knows really. I hope it doesn't end up that way. But it looks like Dumb and Dumber themselves are directing tonight's episode, instead of leaving it to their incredible team of directors. That petrifies me more then anything else.. especially someone who has put countless hours into the books, novellas, show and all the lore that surrounds it.

Sigh... we'll see.
I stopped in the middle of the first sentence as soon as I saw blood raven. I was half anticipating more information in a multi-paragraph quote about some book-inspired theory that might actually spoil the ending.

But I shouldn’t care, because the point of this post is to say that I highly doubt the show writers would go back in to old book content now. Alt Shift X did a great preview to the battle of winterfell and went back in to the lore of the castle, its ancient magics, it as a legacy of Bran the builder, with whom current “Bran” holds a connection...

All for the episode to be Helm’s Deep.

Reaction Score
I don't trust anyone on this website to not spoil it so I'm closing this thread

Reaction Score
I stopped in the middle of the first sentence as soon as I saw blood raven. I was half anticipating more information in a multi-paragraph quote about some book-inspired theory that might actually spoil the ending.

But I shouldn’t care, because the point of this post is to say that I highly doubt the show writers would go back in to old book content now. Alt Shift X did a great preview to the battle of winterfell and went back in to the lore of the castle, its ancient magics, it as a legacy of Bran the builder, with whom current “Bran” holds a connection...

All for the episode to be Helm’s Deep.

Nah I was withholding any spoiler related ideas I have. Just refinished reading "A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms" and some of the content, and a clue or two in the book made my spidey senses tingle. But anyhoo - only 29 minutes and we find out, though i doubt there will be any, let along a few, book nods as we approach the ending. I've put all my faith in George to pray Jesus finish the books / that petition for competent writers to re-write the last season. Though, after waiting since 2011 for a new book I think both are equally likely. /s.... but not really.

Reaction Score
Awesome. Decent recovery after a series of Hollywood garbage episodes. Would have preferred to have some more main characters get croaked, but I liked the Shakespearian ending.
EDIT - generating a bunch of schadenfraud from all the fans who wanted the Disney ending. Sweet!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Quite possibly the worst ending to a show I have ever seen in my life.

So unsatisfying.

Can't wait to hear all of the backlash from fans tomorrow morning. The creators did such an unbelievable disservice to the fans, I'm dumbfounded.

Reaction Score
Awesome. Decent recovery after a series of Hollywood garbage episodes. Would have preferred to have some more main characters get croaked, but I liked the Shakespearian ending.

Did you also like to Shakespearian ending to the Cat and the Hat? Or Kazaam?

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
10x worse than Omar getting shot by a little kid in that corner store. Thanks HBO.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

So unsatisfying.

Can't wait to hear all of the backlash from fans tomorrow morning. The creators did such an unbelievable disservice to the fans, I'm dumbfounded.

So you never saw the Dexter finale, obviously

Reaction Score

So unsatisfying.

The double D's did a terrible job rushing to get to the end so they could move onto their next project. The episodes leading to the finale received the backlash they deserved because of that. What they should have done had 3 full length seasons following 6, to help arrive at the conclusion we got. I'm very content with the ending, just not what they did to lead up to it.

Reaction Score
The double D's did a terrible job rushing to get to the end so they could move onto their next project. The episodes leading to the finale received the backlash they deserved because of that. What they should have done had 3 full length seasons following 6, to help arrive at the conclusion we got. I'm very content with the ending, just not what they did to lead up to it.

The double D's may have very well screwed over their entire careers.

Their Star Wars films are going to be god awful.

Reaction Score
Oh GOT, where did we go wrong. Sigh.
Jon kills worm to get to Dani, who needs to be killed because she is crazy. He runs her through with Valerian steel. He then goes to live in either the North with the free folk or with the Night's Watch, if that's still a thing.
Tyrion ends up on some sort of a council that selects the new king, who is Bran.
Fade to black.
Pretty spot on.

Reaction Score
tenor.gif

Reaction Score
Their Star Wars films are going to be god awful.

I can't wait to see what happens when they actually have to write something on their own. We got this (the past 2.5 seasons) with the verbal assistance of the author who told the story of a generation. What happens when these clowns have to be 100% original. Watch - they bring back Jar Jar as a main character.

Shame. Shame. Shame.

Reaction Score
All I know is that the 8th season has been a major disappointment.

But it’s Bran.

Pre-edit your post said Dany gets killed by John and Bran is voted in. Knowing your trolling nature, there is a 99.8 percent chance you read the spoilers and played it off as a guess. I'm not complaining, I read the spoilers too. But that was bold.

Reaction Score
Doesn’t make sense to me either. I thought his whole journey and awakening put him outside earthly concerns. He’s not even “Bran” anymore, so really we are talking about the Three Eyed Raven taking the throne, which would make zero sense, unless the Three Eyed Raven is some ethereal spirit/consciousness separate from its host that is secretly motivated to take over the world

Wish you could bet the field against those odds

Lol. You're not wrong though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom