OT: - Who you g.o.t. | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Who you g.o.t.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I would have liked to have seen the aftermath of Jon killing Dany and not a 5-month jump in time. I also don't get why Bran didn't just release Jon once he was named King. Grey Worm does not get to decide the fate of Jon, i'm sorry.
It’s a mess but apparently Greyworm , the Unsullied and the Dothraki wanted justice for Dany’s death or they were gonna go to war. They had a formidable army and the Iron Island Queen was still pro- Dany. All of these factors were crammed into one scene. SMH

How did they leave Grey Worm alive? He murdered thousands of people who had surrendered. He's a war criminal, just like Dany. All because they killed his girlfriend. Just awful. Jon really failed in not taking out Grey Worm early on and assuming command of the whole army. He sucks at the hard choices, even if he finally got it right with Dany.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
How did they leave Grey Worm alive? He murdered thousands of people who had surrendered. He's a war criminal, just like Dany. All because they killed his girlfriend. Just awful. Jon really failed in not taking out Grey Worm early on and assuming command of the whole army. He sucks at the hard choices, even if he finally got it right with Dany.

The turned Jon into a Beta Male. In the last episodes Theon and Varys had more golf balls.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
The turned Jon into a Beta Male. In the last episodes Theon and Varys had more golf balls.

lol. Jon just killed Danerys with her dragon sitting 50 feet away, knowing that it meant he was likely going to be burnt to a crisp. How does that not take balls?

Horatio

Reaction Score
lol. Jon just killed Danerys with her dragon sitting 50 feet away, knowing that it meant he was likely going to be burnt to a crisp. How does that not take balls?

Because if he would’ve strapped up and committed a night of necessary, crucial incest Daenerys would’ve been home baking cookies instead of torching kids.

Reaction Score
Probably because they're there seeking justice for Jon, and all the northmen are surrounding the city ready for war.
grey werm would destroy Jon. But brienne or Arya would beat him down. That’s fun.

Reaction Score

Jon is a Targaryn. He would not have burned from fire. But if Drogon melted some gold in a pot then poured it on his head, that may have done the job!

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Jon is a Targaryn. He would not have burned from fire. But if Drogon melted some gold in a pot then poured it on his head, that may have done the job!

I don't think every Targaryn is impervious to fire. Is that something that was mentioned in the books?

Reaction Score
I don't think every Targaryn is impervious to fire. Is that something that was mentioned in the books?
There are specific Targaryen individuals who are. There are “chosen ones” who are destined to lead, known as a “dragon”. Bro thought he was a dragon and this meant to take the throne. Danny realized he was not a dragon when he died, suspected she was when she got in to a scalding-got tub, and confirmed when she hatched her dragons.

That, and her now-confirmed destiny to lead (in her eyes) is how she started down the road to becoming such a rigid and frankly cruel leader.

Reaction Score

In the books, Dany is only impervious to fire when magic (and from what we've seen so far in the books only blood magic) is present.

Last edited:

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
they crammed too much into the last episode, which hurt the ending. They could have done two or three more episodes to give this a better and less rushed ending.

They already setting up the prequel for 2020 or 2021.
I will watch, but if they rush it like this, then it will be short lived.

Reaction Score
It is not, it's only in very specific cases involving magic. The one Targaryen trait that they completely ignored from the books was
purple eyes for Targaryens

Reaction Score
Jon's dialogue was ridiculous this episode. His conversation with Arya was hard to believe. I have no problem with how the last 2 episodes shook out in terms of the outcomes, but I just didn't buy what they were saying or doing. HBO is know for good writing. This season has been pretty poor when it comes to the dialogue. One second Jon's defending Dany because her dragon was killed and her friend was beheaded, and he refuses to admit he wouldn't have burnt little boys and girls to a crisp for nothing, and then the next he's stabbing Dany because Tyrion pointed out to him that Dany was going to kill his sisters (as though Jon was totally incapable of figuring it out himself).

Horatio

Reaction Score
Jon's dialogue was ridiculous this episode. His conversation with Arya was hard to believe. I have no problem with how the last 2 episodes shook out in terms of the outcomes, but I just didn't buy what they were saying or doing. HBO is know for good writing. This season has been pretty poor when it comes to the dialogue. One second Jon's defending Dany because her dragon was killed and her friend was beheaded, and he refuses to admit he wouldn't have burnt little boys and girls to a crisp for nothing, and then the next he's stabbing Dany because Tyrion pointed out to him that Dany was going to kill his sisters (as though Jon was totally incapable of figuring it out himself).

Do you really think Dany would’ve marched back up to Winterfell and Attacked them. The fact that we have to contemplate Dany killing the woman that killed the Night King shows how horrible the writing is for this season.

Reaction Score
And how did Grey Worm beat Jon to where Dany was? He was busy cutting off heads

And why did anyone value what Grey Worm had to say after Dany died? Why did they placate him? And why did nobody mention the driving force of the show i e. John is a Targaryen and the rightful heir. Why did Tyrion suggest Bran and mention the benefit that he would have no offspring when his main concern about aiding Dany was that there would be no heir? I'll stop.

Reaction Score
Do you really think Dany would’ve marched back up to Winterfell and Attacked them. The fact that we have to contemplate Dany killing the woman that killed the Night King shows how horrible the writing is for this season.

Well, I tend to believe that this all happened with Martin's approval and direction, so the story was supposed to go in that direction. The fact that you didn't believe it simply means it was poor writing.

Reaction Score
And why did anyone value what Grey Worm had to say after Dany died? Why did they placate him? And why did nobody mention the driving force of the show i e. John is a Targaryen and the rightful heir. Why did Tyrion suggest Bran and mention the benefit that he would have no offspring when his main concern about aiding Dany was that there would be no heir? I'll stop.

Regicide used to be considered a pretty horrible offense, so they are simply repeating that old nugget (but without giving the context for this audience). The only way we know that Regicide is considered a big sin is that whenever someone uttered the words "Kingslayer" throughout the seasons, they did so with revulsion.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom