Who ya got - The Derby? | The Boneyard

Who ya got - The Derby?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
hqdefault.jpg

Reaction Score
A bit of a long shot: Practical Joke 20-1. I've always liked jockey, Joel Rosario, especially in big races.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I think you have to watch a few races today before hand.

Outside of the Oaks where the pace was ridiculous, speed was holding up too well yesterday at Churchill.

Outside of about four horses, this is a bad, bad group of three year olds.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Mint Juleps and whatever names I draw out of the hat in the annual family drawing.

August_West

Reaction Score
Too bad this is most likely going to conflict with Rangers game. Rangers game 5 playoff hockey > Horses.

Although a few months ago the best chicarron tacos I've ever had were in the shadow of Churchill Downs . Kinda a crappy neighborhood where Churchill is but awesome tacos.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
And even those four kinda suck

Those four all have the style that tends to win this race.

I think Classic Empire is a pretty good horse. The problem is that he's crazy - I was at Saratoga when he tried to kill his jockey in the Hopeful. He refused to work for a few weeks this spring - and then he won the Arkansas. I think he's underprepared, but he's 8-1 right now and I'll bet him and hope that this is a day he feels like running.

Really not crazy about the odds on some of them - I liked Irish War Cry, Gunnavera and figured I could get an insane price on the one-eyed horse. But 5-1, 9-1 and 15-1 were not quite what I was hoping for.

We'll see how the day goes.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It's not just speed holding right now, it's inside speed. Could be a real scrum to get to the rail.

Reaction Score
Don't get to caught up with the weather. Track dries extremely fast and the drainage system is phenomenal. Footing shouldn't be an issue unless there is significant amount of rain at race time.

Reaction Score
Too bad this is most likely going to conflict with Rangers game. Rangers game 5 playoff hockey > Horses.

Although a few months ago the best chicarron tacos I've ever had were in the shadow of Churchill Downs . Kinda a crappy neighborhood where Churchill is but awesome tacos.

Oh so true and a huge one it is. Senators will need their home crowd to help them beat the Rangers who are playing really well right now. Should be 3-1 but the domination in NYC is a good thing and the best road team in hockey. Think the game will be over unless OT hits hard, should be fine.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Don't get to caught up with the weather. Track dries extremely fast and the drainage system is phenomenal. Footing shouldn't be an issue unless there is significant amount of rain at race time.
Weather map suggests that the rain might be done for the day

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
No they never give you the start time so you get stuck watching 30 minutes of BS for those 2 min

They give you the start time right down to the minute - 6:46 PM.

Self-proclaimed degenerate has never been to a race track? Sad!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Horse racing is the one sport where betting in the press box is not only allowed but encouraged. How can you hate that?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Horse racing is the one sport where betting in the press box is not only allowed but encouraged. How can you hate that?

Didn't Andy Beyer win like $80,000 on Swale's Derby?

August_West

Reaction Score
They give you the start time right down to the minute - 6:46 PM.

Self-proclaimed degenerate has never been to a race track? Sad!

You see if they are gates are open at 646. The derby always fluctuates starts.

I would bet against 646 but that is breaking a yard rule.

Good news is I think rangers game should be over unless it's OT. Many years seems closer to 6 pm

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Didn't Andy Beyer win like $80,000 on Swale's Derby?
I just happen to read about that today. It was Swale's Belmont. He had the Swale-Pine Circle exacta that paid over $100. And I guess he told any one who would listen including touting it his column.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

Not really one of Louisville's many pretty neighborhoods, but perfectly fine for walking a mile from my daughter's to Churchill & back w/Lady Hans while dressed in pink for Oaks two years ago.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom