Who ya got - The Derby? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Who ya got - The Derby?

Reaction Score
I liked Irish War Cry until he drew the 17th slot. No horse has ever won from that slot, if I'm correct. I'll probably go with a bit of a bomb with Girvin and Thunder Snow.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Placed mine and family bets at the swanky Winners in New Britain.
Have bets all over the board, most for McCraken, and Desormeaux' horse. And the cyclops horse. Ladies sentimental towards him

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Post time is 6:51 if you are too ADD to sit still waiting.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Post time is 6:51 if you are too ADD to sit still waiting.

Perfect timing.

Walked in to hotel room, turned on TV and they had run the first 100m or so.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
The 1 horse Lee was a longshot and
Helped with the exacta/tri

Reaction Score
Those four all have the style that tends to win this race.

I think Classic Empire is a pretty good horse. The problem is that he's crazy - I was at Saratoga when he tried to kill his jockey in the Hopeful. He refused to work for a few weeks this spring - and then he won the Arkansas. I think he's underprepared, but he's 8-1 right now and I'll bet him and hope that this is a day he feels like running.

Really not crazy about the odds on some of them - I liked Irish War Cry, Gunnavera and figured I could get an insane price on the one-eyed horse. But 5-1, 9-1 and 15-1 were not quite what I was hoping for.

We'll see how the day goes.

I will never get the appeal of following horse racing this closely.

Reaction Score
I will never get the appeal of following horse racing this closely.

It's how you handicap. Horses just like pitchers go through good and bad stretches. Once you have a good feel for how they are training and how they perform in certain conditions and lengths you can determine what horses are under and over valued and bet accordingly. Also helps if you frequent the same track a lot and get to see then train or talk to the trainers. It's a very interesting sport to get into if you have the interest

Reaction Score
It's how you handicap. Horses just like pitchers go through good and bad stretches. Once you have a good feel for how they are training and how they perform in certain conditions and lengths you can determine what horses are under and over valued and bet accordingly. Also helps if you frequent the same track a lot and get to see then train or talk to the trainers. It's a very interesting sport to get into if you have the interest

Horse racing befuddles me as well but I am no one to judge as I like some weird stuff. Are there folks who love horse racing that don't also love to gamble?

Reaction Score
Horse racing befuddles me as well but I am no one to judge as I like some weird stuff. Are there folks who love horse racing that don't also love to gamble?

Doubtful. Don't know of anyone who follows house racing that doesn't gamble or invest in horses

Reaction Score
Doubtful. Don't know of anyone who follows house racing that doesn't gamble or invest in horses

Big fan of gambling and dfs. Can't imagine there's the same level of statistical analysis in horse racing that there is in baseball though.

Reaction Score

Rain and mud are the great equalizers. You can track and predict whatever you want but throw some rain in the mix and it's all a wild guess.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom