Who do you want? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Who do you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anthony grant still available? Can we pull Danny manning out of wake despite his extension? Remember Shaka? Got Bamba?

Anthony Grant would be perfect because he's killed it everywhere he went. Manning I'm in, Shaka - 34-35 at Texas. prior to this year. His team looks good though plays hard. He's staying.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
I want someone who will be a father figure, not a friend. Someone who will drop f bombs right in all their faces relentlessly and rip them a new one after yanking them.
As you probably know that works for some players, not for others. But I get it a motivator.

Reaction Score
Am I really the only one who wants Tom Crean. He completely rebuilt Indiana. Has been to a final four (with his own recruits). And has a 60% win Career record.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
images

Since you asked.....

In all seriousness you guys are experiencing the problems that come with hiring a former legend to run the team. Great players don't necessarily make great coaches and if it isn't working out firing the coach can be problematic.

A former player with no head coaching experience and limited experience as an assistant. But JC hand picked him and timed his retirement in a way that all but ensured he’d get the job. Totally agree with your point, and it’s why we need somebody with no connection to UConn if we make a change.

Reaction Score
I'm sure AD David Benedict is pondering various scenarios and if he needs to bounce KO & then pounce on an appealing replacement he will.........it's his job. KO survives if we make Tourney, if not he probably will be out.

Reaction Score
Have heard in the past that Hurley wants the UConn job and there is the UConn connection now with Tom Moore on the URI staff.
Dan Hurley played for Blaney at Seton Hall, so theres another small indirect UConn connection.

Reaction Score
Will Wade or Richard Pitino

I don’t want to hear they wouldn’t want to come and coach in the AAC. As Bill Walton stated NO other team has won more championships than UConn since 1999. We look down to schools like Kentucky, Duke, UNC... etc when it comes to championships. Ollie had a top 5 or 10 recruiting class last year or the year before. UConn can still recruit regardless of conference affiliation because of our brand. Ollie is not the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom