Who do you want? | The Boneyard

Who do you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I get it. I get the frustration. I get getting embarassed on national TV.

So.....who, as the genius AD or genius Basketball program builder, do you want to hire?

I want to fire a coach with a national championship, a top 3 class in the AACa, and someone the players buy into.

Ollie deserves at least 1.5 more seasons with his guys.

Reaction Score
hoosiers-gene-hackman.jpg

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I get it. I get the frustration. I get getting embarassed on national TV.

So.....who, as the genius AD or genius Basketball program builder, do you want to hire?

I want to fire a coach with a national championship, a top 3 class in the AACa, and someone the players buy into.

Ollie deserves at least 1.5 more seasons with his guys.
Top three class in AAC...haha. A) We have the best name in the conference by far. We should be getting the best recruits, period. If not, that is a failure. B) Someone the players buy into? What? That doesn't mean anything if you're losing.

Reaction Score
So if we have a losing season this year you feel Ollie needs another season? We have no top 100 players coming per 247. Adams and Larrier ain’t coming back. So it’s 5’10 Gilbert and 5’10 Akinjo plus Vital and his limitations. Mathews and a big who won’t help for a few years. We will be worse next year. Sid Wilson is decent but he can’t shoot either.

Reaction Score
I always laugh when someone goes to the "who would you hire" approach. It doesn't matter what names we rattle off, or even if we don't have any names. None of that matters. What matters is that we have eyes and can see where the program has fallen to. I don't who they should hire, but it's pretty damn easy to tell who isn't getting the job done.

Reaction Score
Not 1.5. Tourney or bust.

The only thing I agree with in the OP is that the names involved with this coaching search will not go over well here.

Matt Lottich at Valparaiso, Erick Konkol at Lousiana Tech and Steve Pikiell are all guys that are better coaches than Ollie. I would interview those 3, add top assistants at Villanova, Gonzaga, Wichita State, and Xavier to the mix.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Matt Lottich at Valparaiso, Erick Konkol at Lousiana Tech and Steve Pikiell are all guys that are better coaches than Ollie. I would interview those 3, add top assistants at Villanova, Gonzaga, Wichita State, and Xavier to the mix.

Lottich who's never recruited a player from further east than Indiana? He may turn out to be decent at a higher level but I need to see more than one season of beating up on the Horizon League with Bryce Drew (who may be the hottest recruiter in the country right now)'s players. No idea whether or not he can handle himself in an East Coast/Southern-based league.

Pikiell will not be eager to jump here.

Konkol is decent but again, CUSA coaches will not be able to dig us out of this hole with much success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom