Who do you want? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Who do you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Pass on Calhoun.

Get someone with an offensive playbook, a team that rebounds and hits the deck. Then interview some former players to make sure he's not a snake. Then hire him

Reaction Score
Tony Bennett has been rumored to want out before. We’d pay more than UVA does for a MBB coach, but obviously ACC to AAC would be weird.

Reaction Score
Either a proven coach or and up and comer.

Hurley or Amaker would be my first choice for a newer/up and coming coach.

Reaction Score
Tony Bennett has been rumored to want out before. We’d pay more than UVA does for a MBB coach, but obviously ACC to AAC would be weird.
Most of the coaches in the AAC used to coach in major conferences and are better than Ollie.

Reaction Score

Apparently he really wanted to Wisconsin job.

Coming from a friend of mine who is/was the President of their hoops boosters club. So take that for what it is.

I dunno if we'd get him from Virginia.

Reaction Score
Apparently he really wanted to Wisconsin job.

Coming from a friend of mine who is/was the President of their hoops boosters club. So take that for what it is.

I dunno if we'd get him from Virginia.
Almost got Indiana too

Reaction Score
Almost got Indiana too

I mean if he was legitimately available, I'd be all about him 1,000%.

My worry with a guy like that is he's always looking elsewhere. And I just hate that. While a younger coach is riskier, there's also a chance they'd come here, like it and really stick. So who knows.

Reaction Score
Is it even possible to fire Ollie? How much money would UConn have to pay him?

Reaction Score
Pass on Calhoun.

Get someone with an offensive playbook, a team that rebounds and hits the deck. Then interview some former players to make sure he's not a snake. Then hire him

Even if fully invested and healthy, not sure Calhoun runs a good enough offense for him to be a legitimate candidate. I think the game passed him by.

Reaction Score
Have heard in the past that Hurley wants the UConn job and there is the UConn connection now with Tom Moore on the URI staff.
If Hurley wants the job and Benedict has 4+ months to figure out how to make it work financially, then someone should update Hurley's wiki page to "UConn Coach-in-waiting" tonight.

Reaction Score
What about Larry Davis at Cincinnati? Led UC to a a tournament when Cronin was dealing with his medical condition, was a head coach at Furman for 10 years before becoming an assistant at Cincinnati.

Reaction Score
What about Larry Davis at Cincinnati? Led UC to a a tournament when Cronin was dealing with his medical condition, was a head coach at Furman for 10 years before becoming an assistant at Cincinnati.
He's to old.

Reaction Score
Absolutely not. No more family nonsense, we need a proven coach.
Anthony grant still available? Can we pull Danny manning out of wake despite his extension? Remember Shaka? Got Bamba?

Reaction Score
Wish WSU wasn’t in the AAC so it would be a significant upgrade for Gregg Marshall (it still is but to a lesser degree).

Wonder if AD Dave is pondering giving Bunkey a call

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc