Who’s number 1 now? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Who’s number 1 now?

Reaction Score
To play a high level of defense a team needs to face a high level offense. Let me know when Stanford faces one.
Just look at their 2020-21 PAC-12 schedule and you can probably figure it out :)

Reaction Score
To play a high level of defense a team needs to face a high level offense. Let me know when Stanford faces one.

The comment was in regards to a comparison vs Oregon. Let me know which high level offense Oregon has faced to this point. They haven't. So the comparison of their defenses against sub-par offenses is pretty even at this point. Oregon will have the first real test this weekend though against OSU. Stanford still has some time before they get any real challenge (probably UCLA in a couple weeks).

Reaction Score
Kind of self-serving comment coming from a "juggernaut" team that just lost to an underrated NC State team...Of course you have to say that, otherwise you can't justify a #1 rank or banner...:rolleyes:

Having watched Stanford twice and Oregon once, I would say that @Floridaduck is "DaffyDuck" as Stanford IS Deeper than Oregon and has as much experience OR MORE than Oregon.
This Stanford team could be unbeatable if Tara can get over the last 28 years of big game stinkers once she gets to the Final Four. To be fair, to me, this is her deepest team ever. Time will tell.

Edit-Floridaduck's comment so flustered me, I did some research. Oregon has exactly 4 players who played previous to this year, with 1 (Mikesell) elsewhere. That means they have a grand total of 80 combined starts for Oregon (76 by Boley). Meanwhile, Stanford, returns 10 Players with 254 starts combined. But yeah, Oregon is as experienced as Stanford...:confused:

Agree this is Tara's deepest team ever and they have a lot of potential. Never been a huge fan of Tara's coaching though, not allowing any set of players to really gel before swapping them all out. So, I never put too much credence in them winning it all. But who knows ... as you said, time will tell.

Reaction Score
The comment was in regards to a comparison vs Oregon. Let me know which high level offense Oregon has faced to this point. They haven't. So the comparison of their defenses against sub-par offenses is pretty even at this point. Oregon will have the first real test this weekend though against OSU. Stanford still has some time before they get any real challenge (probably UCLA in a couple weeks).

Sorry. I took the comment as implying that Stanford has shown that it has a strong defense.

Reaction Score
What does that have to do with their schedule up till now?
Didn't Stanford have their schedule changed due to Covid? Or are you saying they should have played tougher teams despite that?

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Love that we simultaneously aren't deep and the proof is our starters are in too much, but we also do hockey line substitutions so no one can ever get into their groove. Which is it?

BTW: Another flaw is that at least one player on the team didn't get a perfect SAT score. What mediocrity!

Reaction Score
Didn't Stanford have their schedule changed due to Covid? Or are you saying they should have played tougher teams despite that?

Yes to the first and no to the second. The fact remains that they played a patsy and the bottom of the PAC12. Lets not characterize their offense/defense or anyone else's for that matter until that PAC12 schedule starts. Did I see that the first meaningful game is Jan 1?

And this in no way means I don't see the Trees around at the end.

As far as Oregon vs Stanford I have no opinion.

Reaction Score
Kind of self-serving comment coming from a "juggernaut" team that just lost to an underrated NC State team...Of course you have to say that, otherwise you can't justify a #1 rank or banner...:rolleyes:

Having watched Stanford twice and Oregon once, I would say that @Floridaduck is "DaffyDuck" as Stanford IS Deeper than Oregon and has as much experience OR MORE than Oregon.
This Stanford team could be unbeatable if Tara can get over the last 28 years of big game stinkers once she gets to the Final Four. To be fair, to me, this is her deepest team ever. Time will tell.

Edit-Floridaduck's comment so flustered me, I did some research. Oregon has exactly 4 players who played previous to this year, with 1 (Mikesell) elsewhere. That means they have a grand total of 80 combined starts for Oregon (76 by Boley). Meanwhile, Stanford, returns 10 Players with 254 starts combined. But yeah, Oregon is as experienced as Stanford...:confused:
I dont think anyone is saying that Oregon is more experience than Stanford. Just better depth (not more experienced, but more talented)

Reaction Score
Covid is really challenging things for the rankings no doubt. The top 2 teams (Louisville should be behind UConn) have barely played. And the lack of non conference games of course makes it even harder. Especially the pac 12, even their few non conference games aren’t with any good opponents. This entire season might get an asterisk next to it when it’s all over.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom