Who’s number 1 now? | The Boneyard

Who’s number 1 now?

Reaction Score
Stanford or UConn? It’s hard because Stanford can’t play any home games and UConn hasn’t played yet

Reaction Score
Stanford or UConn? It’s hard because Stanford can’t play any home games and UConn hasn’t played yet

Stanford. They've at least played one game where they looked fantastic and have another this weekend. I'm still waiting to watch UConn at least once before I rank them in the top spot. If UConn somehow leaps Stanford to the top spot, I don't think they would've earned it yet this year and it would only be on (perhaps rightfully so) through name recognition that they sneak into that spot.

Reaction Score
Stanford doesn’t have a game outside of California until January......they may go weeks without playing a 2nd game. Oops.

Reaction Score
Stanford doesn’t have a game outside of California until January......they may go weeks without playing a 2nd game. Oops.

Stanford is playing UNLV on Saturday. The rest of their schedule is up in the air -- but expect them to continue playing.

Reaction Score
If Baylor beats Arkansas Sunday, I would imagine Baylor would be #1
We need to hit our shots! Smith needs to get going! Our defense is there but our offense is not

Reaction Score
Stanford is playing UNLV on Saturday. The rest of their schedule is up in the air -- but expect them to continue playing.

Had not seen that “add”. My bad. Doesn’t change the premise.....if they had to cancel the UW & WSU games, don’t think trips to Cal, USC & UCLA or hosting UCD will happen. PAC 12 to create a Vegas bubble?

Reaction Score
Also how far does South Carolina drop? #2? Are there other teams that have had more impressive starts in the top 10 that should pass them?

Reaction Score
Had not seen that “add”. My bad. Doesn’t change the premise.....if they had to cancel the UW & WSU games, don’t think trips to Cal, USC & UCLA or hosting UCD will happen. PAC 12 to create a Vegas bubble?

The rest of Stanford's schedule is up in the air, but they've been stating that additional games will be added as the situation evolves. It remains to be seen what exactly their schedule is moving forward.

Reaction Score
The rest of Stanford's schedule is up in the air, but they've been stating that additional games will be added as the situation evolves. It remains to be seen what exactly their schedule is moving forward.

Assuming Governor Newsom doesn’t shut down airports. Or mandate that everyone stay indoors. Not to mention Santa Clara County officials. Stanford is fighting more than their opponents in getting to play.

Reaction Score
Assuming Governor Newsom doesn’t shut down airports. Or mandate that everyone stay indoors. Not to mention Santa Clara County officials. Stanford is fighting more than their opponents in getting to play.

Stanford is intending to set up shot in Vegas at least for the next week by my understanding. I'm sure they'll figure out a way to continue playing, but I don't disagree that there's going to be continued challenges for all programs and not just Stanford to continue playing this season. I don't think we can fault Stanford for needing to stay local to California this year instead of travelling across the country to play games -- but we'll just have to roll with the punches as they come in the next few weeks.

Reaction Score
Also how far does South Carolina drop? #2? Are there other teams that have had more impressive starts in the top 10 that should pass them?
I guess it depends on how Baylor and Louisville plays this weekend. They both play ranked teams

Reaction Score
It also depends on whether Ashley Joens can whip up a Cyclone against the Gamecocks. South Carolina could be in trouble.
Ashley Joens is pretty damn good but she has no help outside of Kristen Scott

Reaction Score
It also depends on whether Ashley Joens can whip up a Cyclone against the Gamecocks. South Carolina could be in trouble.
Can any of the South Carolina guards stop her she can play both inside and outside

Reaction Score
Ashley Joens is pretty damn good but she has no help outside of Kristen Clark

I'm not expecting Iowa State to win by any means, but if Ashley Joens has a special game and someone else comes to life......it could be trouble. I don't think Iowa State has enough inside to matchup with Amihere and Boston, so the Gamecocks should win, but....they also "should" have won today.

Reaction Score
I'm not expecting Iowa State to win by any means, but if Ashley Joens has a special game and someone else comes to life......it could be trouble. I don't think Iowa State has enough inside to matchup with Amihere and Boston, so the Gamecocks should win, but....they also "should" have won today.
True but Iowa state can light it up from 3! It’ll be the game to watch on Sunday that’s for sure! Well the Baylor Arkansas game too

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Actually they play UNLV this Saturday in Las Vegas.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
From the AP writeup of the NCState/South Carolina game...

POLL IMPLICATIONS

South Carolina had been on top of the past 12 AP polls dating back to last season. That run will end next week with this loss. Expect North Carolina State, as long as they slip up in its next game Sunday, to move up in the rankings.

So, I guess NC State should try to lose Sunday so they can move up in the rankings! Someone didn't proofread what they wrote before publishing.

Reaction Score
Hard for me to think NC State top team in the country based upon last night game. I realize they beat South Carolina but both of those teams made WBB look boring! Have not seen enough of any team to date to say “that is the best team in the country “, maybe we will have a team emerge that excels both on offense and defense and it will be easy to say they are the best, sure hope that team turns out to be MSST!

Reaction Score
Hard for me to think NC State top team in the country based upon last night game. I realize they beat South Carolina but both of those teams made WBB look boring! Have not seen enough of any team to date to say “that is the best team in the country “, maybe we will have a team emerge that excels both on offense and defense and it will be easy to say they are the best, sure hope that team turns out to be MSST!
Same! Nc state did not play like the number 1 team even though they beat South Carolina. Tbh none of the top 5 have played like top teams so far. Stanford has looked good but they’ve only had 1 game so far. UConn has yet to play. Next week is going to be a mess for the top 6 in the poll. If Baylor and Louisville both win their games this weekend in good fashion do they bump up to that number 1 spot or do you give it to Stanford or UConn who hasn’t played much. How far do South Carolina fall? I feel like poll voters will look and see that Mississippi state hasn’t played anyone yet. That might be the only thing

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
From the AP writeup of the NCState/South Carolina game...

POLL IMPLICATIONS

South Carolina had been on top of the past 12 AP polls dating back to last season. That run will end next week with this loss. Expect North Carolina State, as long as they slip up in its next game Sunday, to move up in the rankings.

So, I guess NC State should try to lose Sunday so they can move up in the rankings! Someone didn't proofread what they wrote before publishing.
The biggest typo possible may be the omission of "no," "not," etc. It totally changes the meaning. Often the meaning can be inferred from the context, but not always.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Louisville looking like they want it.
DePaul does not look like a Top 25 team. They are not like the team's that Doug has put on the floor over the past years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom