Which Husky would you say had the most dominant game? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Which Husky would you say had the most dominant game?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
After Jimmy
Geno
Brianna
If we’re going to include women in this, you have to include Lobo from the 95 championship team. She had to sit due to three highly questionable fouls in the first half, but came back like a woman possessed in the second half. It was an incredibly dominating performance.

Honorable mention goes to Kara Walters who put up 31 in the semifinal.

Reaction Score
I was there too. I don’t know what you’re disagreeing with. Their two best bigs fouled out and Emeka ended up against their third-string center down the stretch and he dominated.
I think you and I agree. Someone said Calhoun's 'policy' of sitting a player with two fouls almost cost UConn this game, my point was it likely won UConn this game.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I think you and I agree. Someone said Calhoun's 'policy' of sitting a player with two fouls almost cost UConn this game, my point was it likely won UConn this game.
Oh yeah, I agree that it likely won the game; and the reason I mentioned the policy was was because it was responsible for Emeka's dominance down the stretch.

Someone else said that Calhoun's policy of sitting a player with two fouls in the first half is almost always a losing policy. I don't agree with that.

Reaction Score
Oh yeah, I agree that it likely won the game; and the reason I mentioned the policy was was because it was responsible for Emeka's dominance down the stretch.

Someone else said that Calhoun's policy of sitting a player with two fouls in the first half is almost always a losing policy. I don't agree with that.
His two foul thing and his not fouling up 3 were the only things that drove me nuts about his coaching.

We were really lucky to win that Duke game. It worked out in the end but I thought we should have run away with that game.

Reaction Score
I will always remember Emeka and how dominant he was, he was to college basketball players what Shaq was to the NBA

Curiouser
Reaction Score
His two foul thing and his not fouling up 3 were the only things that drove me nuts about his coaching.

We were really lucky to win that Duke game. It worked out in the end but I thought we should have run away with that game.
I was talking with a Syracuse alum and fan on Friday. He had just taken his son on college tours that included Duke, UNC, Va. Tech and UVA, and we got to talking about hoops and the museum area at Cameron, and the fact that Duke memorializes so many Final Fours that it didn't win (including '99 and '04). I mentioned that they had been to so many that it was surprising they hadn't won more National Championships, and I referenced Calhoun winning three of the four he had been to. Even though the guy was around my age, he we still stunned at Calhoun's Final Four record, and it gave me great pleasure to watch him process and appreciate it.

He wasn't perfect, but I'm not second-guessing the man in the slightest given what he accomplished here.

Reaction Score

Chris Duhon locked up Ben Gordon in that game.

Reaction Score
I love Ricky Moore and he was great, but everything had to come together for us to win that game. This includes 27 points from Rip, ball handling, clutch FTs and leadership from El-Amin and great defense across the board. Battier and Maggette did very little in this game. That’s a tribute to our defense as a whole, which includes but is not exclusive to Ricky. So saying that it’s not even close is a bit of a stretch.
There’s a great argument for Ricky, but Rip was definetly deserving of it, it’s like handing out the MVP of the Super Bowl the qb if he has great stats will most likely get the MVP.

Reaction Score
Hoping someone has brought up Madison Square Gordon BET 2004. Emeka out with bad back and Ben just took over.

I hadn't seen that video before, but I remember watching those games. What a great time in the history of Conn basketball!

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I already said Moore vs. Duke.

Polley at MQ? Maybe a nominee for best half ever.

Reaction Score
Hoping someone has brought up Madison Square Gordon BET 2004. Emeka out with bad back and Ben just took over.

It should be noted that the BE teams/competition back then was the best in Div 1. Some of our young'uns here may not know that.

Just saying, Ben was 'unstoppable' against very good and well coached teams.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom