Which Husky would you say had the most dominant game? | The Boneyard

Which Husky would you say had the most dominant game?

Reaction Score
Going down memory lane, I was trying to remember the most dominant game by a UConn player. Not only points, just true domination (regular and post season).

Need help here, a Ben Gordon game is on my mind. But there are so many other contenders including Caron, Bouknight and of course Kemba.

Reaction Score
If we’re talking dominance in terms of just taking a teams will away it’s Emeka. Controlling the paint dominating the boards getting your bigs in foul trouble.
2nd half against Duke in the Final Four? Man, that was one crazy game. I remember pacing in the aisles of the Alamo Dome the entire 2nd half until the last minute when I finally thought they had completed the come back.

Reaction Score
Didnt Rudy Gay have a few good games in tournament ,20 I believe against Kentucky and George Mason?

Reaction Score
There was a second half of a game last season where Martin did whatever he wanted. It was the most dominant 20 minutes I've seen recently. (Sorry, my memory is too bad to recall anything older than one season.)
Martin had 11 points in the last 4 minutes of the at Butler game. We were up 8 and ended up winning by 19. 25 points for him in the 2nd half in total. 10/13 shooting in 2nd (4/4 from 3).

Reaction Score
Kemba had 33 points (on only 18 shots), 12 rebounds, 5 assists, and 6 steals in the OT win against Syracuse in the BET semis in 2011.

Think this is Kemba's best combination of efficiency, volume, stuffing the box score, against rival/good team in important game. 36 against SDSU in the tourny is also up there (against Kawhi). But this is Cuse and he was much more efficient and overall filling it up.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Martin had 11 points in the last 4 minutes of the at Butler game. We were up 8 and ended up winning by 19. 25 points for him in the 2nd half in total. 10/13 shooting in 2nd (4/4 from 3).
Yeah, that was the one. He had 25 of his 27 points in the second half.

Reaction Score
Going down memory lane, I was trying to remember the most dominant game by a UConn player. Not only points, just true domination (regular and post season).

Need help here, a Ben Gordon game is on my mind. But there are so many other contenders including Caron, Bouknight and of course Kemba.
As far as Ben Gordon games go, his 37-point game against Nevada is the most dominant performance I remember seeing from him. That was one of my favorite games as a student.

Reaction Score
This is also what comes to mind for me, especially Donyell's two 42-point games against St. John's.
Watched this game down in Donyell's hometown of Reading PA in a bar with friends, and if my memory is correct, there was a small earthquake recorded on the state seismograph that very evening in and around the Reading area.

I like to think it was due to Donyell's outburst!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Dropo, Wes B and Bill Corley had huge games in their times
In the 70s and 80s Corny, Tony H had monsters too
Recent history has to include Rip, Emeka, Caron, Kemba and Bazz. Jalen A and CV had some really good games.
I agree that AB had a humdinger vs Coppin but I think I could have scored 20 on them that afternoon
I really cant single out any 1 specific game and player

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Emeka in the second half vs. Duke in 2004 had more to do with coaching decisions than anything else, namely Calhoun’s decision to sit him in the first half after he picked up two fouls. K opted to keep his big men in the game with foul trouble and his two best fouled out, leaving Emeka to have a field day with their third-string center.

After which Calhoun famously said something to the effect of “I learned a long time ago that basketball games are 40 minutes long, not 20 minutes.”

K was absolutely furious after that loss.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I believe that Emeka was the most dominant force we ever had on game in/game out basis.
But BAZZ in the 2014 Tourney was something special.
Caron's 2nd half against Maryland might be the single most impressive half of basketball ever by a UConn player, but not winning the game (and the title) takes some of the shine off it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom