Which Husky would you say had the most dominant game? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Which Husky would you say had the most dominant game?

Reaction Score
As far as Ben Gordon games go, his 37-point game against Nevada is the most dominant performance I remember seeing from him. That was one of my favorite games as a student.

The only time I ever wanted to boo Calhoun was when he took out Gordon as the crowd was chanting, "We want 40!"

Reaction Score
For some reason Rashad Anderson in the 2004 NCAA Tourney game vs. Alabama comes to mind. He had 6 3s in that game and 28 points, but IIRC he did most of his damage in the first half. He completely demoralized Alabama and the game was essentially over at halftime.

Reaction Score
For some reason Rashad Anderson in the 2004 NCAA Tourney game vs. Alabama comes to mind. He had 6 3s in that game and 28 points, but IIRC he did most of his damage in the first half. He completely demoralized Alabama and the game was essentially over at halftime.
That’s one of my favorites halves of college basketball ever. I’m not sure many UConn teams have ever looked so good over 20 minutes.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I would like to nominate Kemba Walker for the entire 2010 Maui Invitational just being an absolute beast.

I am very excited to watch this next tonight.

From the Vermont game through the first two rounds of Maui, I kept having the feeling that Kemba was the best player in college basketball. And then, instantly, I'd tell myself that it couldn't be because he was too small. AND, it was only December.

I recall the first half of the Kentucky game sealing my impression, and though to this day I still don't see how it can possibly be true for a short guard. But it was.

Otherwise, yeah, Caron against Maryland, even with the asterisk of the loss. And Emeka in closing out Duke was like watching a mixed metaphor, dream-like hybrid of a comeback, a perfect game, and a save.

Every time I give consideration to threads of this type, I feel so lucky/fortunate/blessed that this has been my life's, "If you only had one sports team..." team for 6 decades.

Reaction Score
In that FF game against Duke in 2004 when Emeka was in foul trouble and things looked bleak
That 4th qtr comeback were Emeka dominated in a man vs boys manner. He was unstoppable
That was my second choice. Bazz was still first.

Reaction Score
The 4 dominant seasons were Rip, Okafor, Kemba and Bazz. They all led us to Championships. 2004 is without question the deepest team filled with future NBA players. 1999 was the toughest team. Jake, Ricky, KFree, Edmund, Rash, Wane and Khalid was mentally tough. Rip had exceptional endurance, supplemented with the ability to make the big play. What Kemba and Bazz accomplished was heart dominating team talent and the power of leadership.

Reaction Score
Emeka in the second half vs. Duke in 2004 had more to do with coaching decisions than anything else, namely Calhoun’s decision to sit him in the first half after he picked up two fouls. K opted to keep his big men in the game with foul trouble and his two best fouled out, leaving Emeka to have a field day with their third-string center.

After which Calhoun famously said something to the effect of “I learned a long time ago that basketball games are 40 minutes long, not 20 minutes.”

K was absolutely furious after that loss.
The amazing thing is that Calhoun's strategy is usually bad, except for the very specific situation where the refs are exceptionally whistle-happy, which happened to be the case that day.

Reaction Score
Ray against UCLA would have made the cut if we didn't lose. Definitely his coming out party, I believe he had 36??

Reaction Score
I had just started following UConn basketball around 2010, and one of the first games I watched was Kemba drop 40. Can’t remember the team they played, but I’d say that was a decent season for Kemba and UConn.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I am very excited to watch this next tonight.

From the Vermont game through the first two rounds of Maui, I kept having the feeling that Kemba was the best player in college basketball. And then, instantly, I'd tell myself that it couldn't be because he was too small. AND, it was only December.

I recall the first half of the Kentucky game sealing my impression, and though to this day I still don't see how it can possibly be true for a short guard. But it was.

Otherwise, yeah, Caron against Maryland, even with the asterisk of the loss. And Emeka in closing out Duke was like watching a mixed metaphor, dream-like hybrid of a comeback, a perfect game, and a save.

Every time I give consideration to threads of this type, I feel so lucky/fortunate/blessed that this has been my life's, "If you only had one sports team..." team for 6 decades.

That 3 day run in Maui is actually one of my most fun memories…watching each game like “wait, what’s happening?!”

And it kept getting better. Destroying that supposed to be great UK team on thanksgiving eve with a drink in my hand and a smile on my face.

Reaction Score
In that FF game against Duke in 2004 when Emeka was in foul trouble and things looked bleak
That 4th qtr comeback were Emeka dominated in a man vs boys manner. He was unstoppable
I was going to say, Hanson and Emeka were the most dominant, maybe BG too. Don’t forget Wes Bialosuknia.

Reaction Score
Hi there. Been a boneyard reader for a decade-plus and finally decided to register for an account today specifically for this thread. Because, frankly, I can't believe, among the astute Husky historians here, no one has mentioned one of the most definitive, memorable single game performances in the program's history: the time Calhoun sat Ray down 38 seconds in to chill out and he responded by going off for 29 and 11 against the Kittles-led highly-ranked Nova squad. Pretty sure Ray didn't miss for the rest of the half after he came back in.

Alright, I'll go back to lurking now. Thanks for all the insights, recruiting news, and, yes, the Chief drama.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I had just started following UConn basketball around 2010, and one of the first games I watched was Kemba drop 40. Can’t remember the team they played, but I’d say that was a decent season for Kemba and UConn.

Vermont. I'm pretty sure it was the game right before the Maui Invitational...the rest of the team didn't do much but Kemba was unstoppable. I remember thinking that there might be some growing pains with the freshmen on our team...and then Maui happened.

Reaction Score
Though it was against Quinnipiac, I remember Hilton Armstrong having a very dominant game his senior year. It's sort of the moment where one had to realize he'd suddenly developed a strong offensive game.

Reaction Score
Hi there. Been a boneyard reader for a decade-plus and finally decided to register for an account today specifically for this thread. Because, frankly, I can't believe, among the astute Husky historians here, no one has mentioned one of the most definitive, memorable single game performances in the program's history: the time Calhoun sat Ray down 38 seconds in to chill out and he responded by going off for 29 and 11 against the Kittles-led highly-ranked Nova squad. Pretty sure Ray didn't miss for the rest of the half after he came back in.

Alright, I'll go back to lurking now. Thanks for all the insights, recruiting news, and, yes, the Chief drama.
Welcome….I’ve been a registered lurker for 20+ years.

Heres mine, Garden, Big East Tournament, Pittsburgh, nasty crossover, game winner and broken ankle.

Reaction Score
I was just messing around. Just love that Brimah put up a 40 burger.
I'll never forget that day. My son and I were at a Cub Scout event and we had to listen to the game on the radio on the way home and couldn't believe that Brimah went off for forty.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom