Where is my daily Knicks update? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Where is my daily Knicks update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Like I said in an earlier thread, I don't think the Knicks can beat the Heat.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Paul George>>>>>>>>Carmelo

Basketball is played at two ends.

Lets not get carried away now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Lets not get carried away now.

I am dead serious. Paul George- especially with his contract- is a FAR BETTER basketball player. Carmelo is a volume shooter, who makes his teams worse.

If he drove the lane more often, he'd get calls. But he doesn't. He jacks low-efficiency shots. I don't think tonight is on him- he stunk in the fourth, but was magnificent for three quarters. But overall? Can't win with this team. Can't do it.

Donnie Walsh built a team. And they blew it up for a chucker. Now the window is closed until 2017ish. Take a look at what Donnie is building in Indiana and what's they're building in Denver. THATS how you win.

Team.

zls44

Reaction Score
BTW, the last 30 seconds of that game were embarrassing for the Knicks organization. The team literally gave up.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
I am dead serious. Paul George- especially with his contract- is a FAR BETTER basketball player. Carmelo is a volume shooter, who makes his teams worse.

If he drove the lane more often, he'd get calls. But he doesn't. He jacks low-efficiency shots. I don't think tonight is on him- he stunk in the fourth, but was magnificent for three quarters. But overall? Can't win with this team. Can't do it.

Donnie Walsh built a team. And they blew it up for a chucker. Now the window is closed until 2017ish.

Melo is the reason this team got this far. He did everything he could to keep us in the game.

zls44

Reaction Score
Melo is the reason this team got this far.

And his contract is why they are in roster hell, unable to improve.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
And his contract is why they are in roster hell, unable to improve.

That's untrue. It's Amare with the bad contract due to his injuries and lack of production for being a 100 million dollar contract.

zls44

Reaction Score
That's untrue. It's Amare with the bad contract due to his injuries and lack of production for being a 100 million dollar contract.

It's both.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
It's both.

You do realize Melo has virtually no consistent second option right? You can preach team all you want but if other players aren't even attempting shots in the fourth quarter of an elimination game then I absolutely expect Melo to take them.

Reaction Score
Melo is the sort of player whose stats say you can't blame him for the team's failure. But the eye test suggests otherwise.

He's a conscientious objector to playing defense, especially in transition. Not only does he surrender easy buckets, but it sets a horrible tone both in emboldening the opponent and in taking some of the edge away from his own team. As a teammate or coach, I wouldn't tolerate that in a rec league, nevermind the NBA.

If he cared/worked a little bit harder, he could be more than just a scorer. But I don't think he wants it enough. It strikes me as a little bit of that schoolyard "too cool to care or play hard" sort of attitude. I'm convinced he'll never develop the maturity to do it all. If this season was his grand revelation of trying to be a good teammate, that's pathetic.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Melo is the sort of player whose stats say you can't blame him for the team's failure. But the eye test suggests otherwise.

He's a conscientious objector to playing defense, especially in transition. Not only does he surrender easy buckets, but it sets a horrible tone both in emboldening the opponent and in taking some of the edge away from his own team. As a teammate or coach, I wouldn't tolerate that in a rec league, nevermind the NBA.

If he cared/worked a little bit harder, he could be more than just a scorer. But I don't think he wants it enough. It strikes me as a little bit of that schoolyard "too cool to care or play hard" sort of attitude. I'm convinced he'll never develop the maturity to do it all. If this season was his grand revelation of trying to be a good teammate, that's pathetic.

He grew a lot this season. I still remember that dive into the stands against Charlotte of all teams and busted up his hand. He still has ways to go regarding defense and remembering not to force things so I agree somewhat with your above point.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Acquiring Stoudemire was ridiculous. I predicted this career trajectory for him.

Melo lives with the baggage he doesn't distribute and improve other players games. A Phil Jackson or Pat Reilly might get him to listen but now? They can win the East next year easily but still exit the Post Season early.

Reaction Score
Acquiring Stoudemire was ridiculous. I predicted this career trajectory for him.

Melo lives with the baggage he doesn't distribute and improve other players games. A Phil Jackson or Pat Reilly might get him to listen but now? They can win the East next year easily but still exit the Post Season early.

Win the the east? That aint happening unless Lebron breaks both his legs. Melo will be lucky to make it out of the 2nd round for the rest of his career.

zls44

Reaction Score
You do realize Melo has virtually no consistent second option right?

...because of his and Amare's crippling overpaid contracts preventing them from being able to get one.

Reaction Score
I'm convinced that the Knicks acquired Carmelo knowing full well that he's not a player you can win a championship with. They brought him in because he was guaranteed generate buzz and to make the team relevant again. And they accomplished that.

But they had to know he was the kind of star whose weaknesses, glaring, front and center, would prevent him from truly carrying the team and embodying that championship attitude.

Reaction Score
y02OXN4.jpg

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
...because of his and Amare's crippling overpaid contracts preventing them from being able to get one.

The mere definition of a bad contract is the inability to produce. Melo has done his part and more. He needs help.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
I'm convinced that the Knicks acquired Carmelo knowing full well that he's not a player you can win a championship with. They brought him in because he was guaranteed generate buzz and to make the team relevant again. And they accomplished that.

But they had to know he was the kind of star whose weaknesses, glaring, front and center, would prevent him from truly carrying the team and embodying that championship attitude.

He won a championship at Syracuse his freshman year so he does have the ability to carry a team. However, in a seven game series, unless you're Lebron James, it's near impossible being the only option on your team with no consistent second option and reach the finals.

Reaction Score

I feel more like it was the addition of Stoudamire that was desperation. They couldn't get LeBron so they had to overreach for a guy that had disaster written all over him in an effort to create a stir.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
You almost need two superstars to win a title in the NBA and one of them shouldn't be Carmelo Anthony.

I give Woodson a ton of credit for what he did this year.

Reaction Score
The mere definition of a bad contract is the inability to produce. Melo has done his part and more. He needs help.

Wrong. He doesn't do his part. He had 7 assists in six games this series. How is his help supposed to do anything? He scores. That's the extent of him helping his team win. And he's not very efficient at that either. His D made Lance Stephenson look like a superstar. West lit him up too. No team can run an offense with him. Does Indiana really have any great offensive players? Or the depleted Bulls? No, but they both ran an actual offense, something no team with Melo will ever do. Melo has help he just doesn't allow them to do anything.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Wrong. He doesn't do his part. He had 7 assists in six games this series. How is his help supposed to do anything? He scores. That's the extent of him helping his team win. And he's not very efficient at that either. His D made Lance Stephenson look like a superstar. West lit him up too. No team can run an offense with him. Does Indiana really have any great offensive players? Or Chicago in their series? No, but they ran an offense. Melo has help he just doesn't allow them to do anything.

He shot 51% last night while still putting up 29 shots. He was very efficient last night. Felton, Tyson, JR usually contribute and was non existent last night. Shump is the only one who remembered it was a close out game for Indiana and showed up.

As for Indiana and Chicago, I hope you appreciate Chicago's offense this year because once Rose returns it will look a lot like the offense that had the best record in the east for two year prior to this season. If you remember, Rose has to have the ball in his hands to be effective, a'la Melo. Thibs just happens to be a superior coach to Mike Woodson IMO.

As a Knick fan I'm not worried about Indiana. I can't explain how a team who made a record 891 threes during the regular season goes ice cold once JR Smith gets suspended. We went cold for 5 of the 6 games that we played the Pacers and they made us try to play their game. They won, I'm over it. On to the offseason.

And as I've stated over and over, it's Mike Woodson's offense! Theres a reason why he hasn't escaped the second round in his career. It's Iso-Joe Johnson from his Atlanta days all over again with a sprinkle of Dantoni's PnR.

Reaction Score
He shot 51% last night while still putting up 29 shots. He was very efficient last night. Felton, Tyson, JR usually contribute and was non existent last night. Shump is the only one who remembered it was a close out game for Indiana and showed up.

As for Indiana and Chicago, I hope you appreciate Chicago's offense this year because once Rose returns it will look a lot like the offense that had the best record in the east for two year prior to this season. If you remember, Rose has to have the ball in his hands to be effective, a'la Melo. Thibs just happens to be a superior coach to Mike Woodson IMO.

As a Knick fan I'm not worried about Indiana. I can't explain how a team who made a record 891 threes during the regular season goes ice cold once JR Smith gets suspended. We went cold for 5 of the 6 games that we played the Pacers and they made us try to play their game. They won, I'm over it. On to the offseason.

And as I've stated over and over, it's Mike Woodson's offense! Theres a reason why he hasn't escaped the second round in his career. It's Iso-Joe Johnson from his Atlanta days all over again with a sprinkle of Dantoni's PnR.

He was efficient last night. But he also shot about 40% (maybe worse) for the rest of te series while missing about 100 shots. Hes a high volume scorer. Plain and simple. Nothing else to his game. He played PF and everyone knew Indiana was dominating them on the boards and he had 6 boards in over 40 min. How can you play 6 games at over 40 min a night and manage to only dish out 7 assists? That's almost impossible. He will never lead your Knicks anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom