When was the last time you went out? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

When was the last time you went out?

Reaction Score
Grocery shopping once a week and went to see my parents yesterday. Other than that, haven't left my apartment

Reaction Score
I go out every day for a walk with the wife. The folks we've seen out on the walks have all stayed more than 10 feet away if not more. We have left a few times to go up to our cottage which is on a lake and no one stays there this time of year. I am working from home now so most days are just that. Have gone to the grocery and pet stores a few times (sigh)

Reaction Score
I've been out of the house everyday. When it's nice outside I've been doing baseball stuff with my son (even though the season will most definitely be canceled) and walking.

Been to lots of restaurants for take out lately. Including 2 yesterday. Have to support our local places or else they may not be there when we get back to normal. Most were curb side pick up and I just opened the back door and they put the stuff in the car. Threw all containers and bags out when I got home and then washed my hands thoroughly.

Went to Target the other day with my mask on. That was interesting as everyone tries to stay away from each other. Didn't touch anything except the products I bought and then immediately lathered up with hand sanitizer when I got to my car. Let the products sit for a few days before touching them again.

I've been to work a few times. I've either been there alone or with 1 other person at the most (there are only 12 people in our office anyway). I haven't touched anything getting from my car until I reach my office. We have hand sanitizer all over the office so I put that on a few times just in case.

I think you can drive yourself crazy with all this. Just be careful, don't get near people, don't touch anything like door knobs, etc., use hand sanitizer and wash your hands. I don't think people need to barricade themselves in the house for months.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Go grocery shopping one weeknight every week, and to specialty store for meats on Saturday. On Sunday my wife and I will drive out the hinterlands of Eastern Ct and find a place to take a walk. Get back in the car, no other stops unless for gas or occasional drive-through meal/coffee. Walk most afternoons or evenings.

Reaction Score
We get take out 2-3 times a week to support our favorite local restaurants. Groceries once every 10-14 days. Neither my wife nor I have been to our offices in 3 weeks. Gas station once, a week ago.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Wife and I walk 2-3 miles once or twice a day weather permitting at our condominium complex. We have a small population and a lot of acreage so do not come across many people at any given time. When we do we practice antisocial distancing.

We have groceries delivered and follow policies to reduce risk of contamination.

It's good to see people following recommendations. My wife and I spoke to our nephew who is a paramedic for the Bronx EMS. According to him the news is not able to convey what he sees daily. He's worked for the EMS twenty five years, was on duty during 911, worked through the natural disasters of the major storms. According to him nothing compares to what is happening now. They are under reporting the number of times physicians had to make the difficult choice of deciding who should be on ventilators and the numbers that have died as a result of inadequate devices.

It's near impossible for people in densely populated areas to socially isolate. Those of us who have the ability to practice social distancing because of our environment allows this should not underestimate the value of this policy.

Reaction Score
I'm in a hotspot. I'm not stepping foot outside today with this weather! But I'm taking the dog for walks a few times per day. I'm in the suburbs and everyone is pretty considerate about keeping their distance (both sides of the street, plus down the middle of the street since there are so few cars). Except yesterday when same jerk let his new puppy roam his yard. Not surprisingly, the puppy ran up to me and my dog and wouldn't leave. I had no choice but to let the guy get within a few feet of me. I was pissed, but I'm not too worried (3 second exposure, no cough/sneeze).

We've done curbside pickup from some local places. Call it in, pay on the phone, remotely open/close my trunk and they place the stuff in the back. Even did that with gas for the generator yesterday (left a $20 bill under the cans). We've been successful in getting instacart and Prime Now deliveries. We also get ButcherBox each month and get a produce delivery every week. So we haven't been inside a store for 3 weeks.
Great job. Those off leash dogs could be a killer (From CV perspective). I follow everything you are doing. Bruegger's in Avon was horrible with curbside. Flemings was exceptional. Antonio's/Simsbury I thought was responsible.

Reaction Score
Wife and I walk 2-3 miles once or twice a day weather permitting at our condominium complex. We have a small population and a lot of acreage so do not come across many people at any given time. When we do we practice antisocial distancing.

We have groceries delivered and follow policies to reduce risk of contamination.

It's good to see people following recommendations. My wife and I spoke to our nephew who is a paramedic for the Bronx EMS. According to him the news is not able to convey what he sees daily. He's worked for the EMS twenty five years, was on duty during 911, worked through the natural disasters of the major storms. According to him nothing compares to what is happening now. They are under reporting the number of times physicians had to make the difficult choice of deciding who should be on ventilators and the numbers that have died as a result of inadequate devices.

It's near impossible for people in densely populated areas to socially isolate. Those of us who have the ability to practice social distancing because of our environment allows this should not underestimate the value of this policy.
Amen...well said!

Reaction Score
This morning and most every morning to the Starbucks at the grocery store + some misc shopping....

Reaction Score
Realized I have have not been inside an actual store in 4+ weeks, restaurant coming up on 6 weeks. Had to run up to OU Friday to pick up the things my kid left up there when he left for spring break and everyone thought they’d be back at some point. It was like a military operation in planning and execution. Did not encounter anyone but it was a little strange just being out.

Reaction Score
I live on a dirt road in rural VT and have picked up the pace with exercise. Run 3.5 miles 5 days a week and walk as well. I usually end up around 8 miles a day. I do see people on my path but everyone practices
proper distancing. Yard work keeps me busy. We go grocery shopping every other week, tomorrow is our day. No stores deliver in these parts. Brought my car to the shop today to switch my studded tires to my summer tires. That's all my excitement. Rural Vermont is a great place to live if you appreciate peace and quiet. The people here sincerely care about each other.

Reaction Score
In New Hampshire we had 669 cases in total as of yesterday, 147 had recovered, and 92 had been hospitalized of which a few had died. All but a small percentage of the cases have been people that had traveled or that were in contact with other people that are known to have had the disease. I think it was something like all but 20 of the last hundred or so cases that they were not able to isolate an assumed source, and therefore label it a 'community transmission'. As a respiratory disease, that suggests that masks, social distancing, and limiting other human respiratory contact is a big preventative. We know that the virus can live on surfaces, but is there really any evidence that anybody has gotten the disease by touching packaging, or golf cart steering wheels etc or, is all this sanitation just a precaution because we don't know?

Reaction Score
I'm still going into the office. We added an extra crew. In Mgmt so I'm beyond safe but HVAC is essential. Florida obeys no rules!

Golf is essential too. They are still golfing, golf carting and drinking in my hood.

Reaction Score
This morning and most every morning to the Starbucks at the grocery store + some misc shopping....
I really don't understand why Starbucks/Dunkin are allowed to stay open....All you need is a Covid+ person working the drive through and they will prob infect everyone that comes through. I'm going out walking the dog, play golf once/week and going food shopping every 2 weeks or so. Going through a drive through every day seems to be inviting contamination eventually

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Went to the liquor store Friday afternoon, big store, almost empty, I wore a mask and wiped things down. Then for a 4 mile walk on the Southern New England Trunkline Trail Saturday morning, then we picked up takeout for lunch at a local place. Visited friends Saturday afternoon. We sat on camp chairs in their front yard and they stayed on the front porch.

Wife goes out almost every day. Some days shopping like today, sometimes to get fabric for masks or to mail them to people. She regularly visits the assisted living place where her parents are, dropping things off for them (she can't go see them) and filling the bird feeders outside their apartment. She's more cautious than I am when she does. You can go out responsibly.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
In New Hampshire we had 669 cases in total as of yesterday, 147 had recovered, and 92 had been hospitalized of which a few had died. All but a small percentage of the cases have been people that had traveled or that were in contact with other people that are known to have had the disease. I think it was something like all but 20 of the last hundred or so cases that they were not able to isolate an assumed source, and therefore label it a 'community transmission'. As a respiratory disease, that suggests that masks, social distancing, and limiting other human respiratory contact is a big preventative. We know that the virus can live on surfaces, but is there really any evidence that anybody has gotten the disease by touching packaging, or golf cart steering wheels etc or, is all this sanitation just a precaution because we don't know?

It's a good question. It's clear it can be present on surfaces for up to 72 hours.

Anecdotal thoughts from a Dr. I know a little bit is that they are speculating that the asymptomatic and mild cases (around 80% of cases are mild) come from a minor exposure, such as you might get from a surface. Severe cases may come from more direct exposure to more of the virus from droplets (cough, sneeze, kissing etc.). They call this the viral load.

"It is early days, but if the initial amount of virus a person is infected by doesn’t correlate with the severity of disease symptoms, this would mark covid-19 out as different from influenza, MERS and SARS." I'm betting that it is not different.

Reaction Score
Grocery store once a week because we have to eat food but if you mean a bar or restaurant ? good Lord probably early March. Was planning on enjoying all the bars during March madness but that never happened

Curiouser
Reaction Score
It's a good question. It's clear it can be present on surfaces for up to 72 hours.

Anecdotal thoughts from a Dr. I know a little bit is that they are speculating that the asymptomatic and mild cases (around 80% of cases are mild) come from a minor exposure, such as you might get from a surface. Severe cases may come from more direct exposure to more of the virus from droplets (cough, sneeze, kissing etc.). They call this the viral load.

"It is early days, but if the initial amount of virus a person is infected by doesn’t correlate with the severity of disease symptoms, this would mark covid-19 out as different from influenza, MERS and SARS." I'm betting that it is not different.
I read an article yesterday, in the Sunday NYT I think, that said that those with minor exposure/minor load who remained asymptomatic or only mildly symptomatic may test positive for the antibodies, but because their exposure/load was minor, their bodies may not have built up sufficient antibodies to fight off another infection. That would be a bummer, because they would presumably be walking around thinking they are immune if they tested positive for the antibody and the virus is believed to not reinfect.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Played golf 15 times since this started. Went to Target and grocery store a few times each - buying more than usual each trip and shopping more online as well. Have also gone to the package store a few times. That's about it for "being in public." Each time I venture out it gets more creepy; the last time I went to Target (a week ago) I was the only one without a mask and/or gloves, shelves were empty, and there were signs saying: "only buy 1."

Reaction Score
I read an article yesterday, in the Sunday NYT I think, that said that those with minor exposure/minor load who remained asymptomatic or only mildly symptomatic may test positive for the antibodies, but because their exposure/load was minor, their bodies may not have built up sufficient antibodies to fight off another infection. That would be a bummer, because they would presumably be walking around thinking they are immune if they tested positive for the antibody and the virus is believed to not reinfect.
Isn't that the idea behind a vaccine? Mild (inactive) form to build anitbodies

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Isn't that the idea behind a vaccine? Mild (inactive) form to build anitbodies
That's what I thought...but a little but of knowledge can be a dangerous thing. I was surprised to read that yesterday and I hope it's not the case.

Reaction Score
That's what I thought...but a little but of knowledge can be a dangerous thing. I was surprised to read that yesterday and I hope it's not the case.
That would really suck...I was actually hoping there were a lot of those folks around and life could start resuming once there is an fast antibody test

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom