OT: - What's your favorite PHONE app? | The Boneyard

OT: What's your favorite PHONE app?

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Follow up question: Are the apps/devices that connect to your car's computer worth the money?

Reaction Score
I use Android Auto, and I don't know what I would do without it, and it's free. It's a real timesaver if your commute to work is a long one.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Boneless buffalo wings.

Those aren't wings.

My favorite is the Pittsburgh Parking App. Not only never need quarters again, but also tells you realtime availability at lots operated by our parking authority.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I use Android Auto, and I don't know what I would do without it, and it's free. It's a real timesaver if your commute to work is a long one.
Thanks, downloaded and will test it as I drive to Durham this afternoon.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Waze is my favorite app.

Not sure what you mean by connecting to computer. I assume you mean to the diagnostic computer? I got one when I had my BMW and it was very helpful. Autozone and Advanced Auto will come out and check codes in your car for you, so it's certainly not a must.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
Pinterest , Tumblr and Epson print

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Spotify (music)

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Is Waze better than google maps?

Google bought Waze, which is an Israeli company. The traffic information in Google maps comes from Waze. But Waze provides a lot more real time information, and is constantly updated. It provides locations of police, pot holes, cars on the side of the road, traffic slowdown locations etc.

Reaction Score
I purchased a OBD2 wireless car sensor that plugs into my cars computer, and then use a tablet that connects to it via wifi produced by the device. I use TORQUE I believe that creates a customized dashboard that gives real time outputs from the cars computer (boost, fuel pressure, mph, rpm, engine temp, etc etc etc.). If, of course that is what you are referring to by the cars computer.

Reaction Score
Google bought Waze, which is an Israeli company. The traffic information in Google maps comes from Waze. But Waze provides a lot more real time information, and is constantly updated. It provides locations of police, pot holes, cars on the side of the road, traffic slowdown locations etc.

As a serial speeder and habitually 'late for appointments and flights' guy, the real time updates have proved invaluable.

Reaction Score
As the father of a 4-month old, The Wonder Weeks is currently my favorite app. Tells me when the little guy is going through "leaps", explains each stage of his mental/physical development, and tells me when to expect extra fussiness.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom