OT: - What's your favorite PHONE app? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: What's your favorite PHONE app?

Reaction Score
I like the look of 'Dark Sky' that was listed above. I currently use 'MyRadar'...and end up obsessing over exactly when it's going to rain, snow or otherwise.

I use carrot. It’s a fun app and you can pull data from Dark Sky. You can turn up the sarcasm and the app swears at you and what not. Good integraation for the watch.

Reaction Score
Spotify - music - far superior to pandora, if you stream music, like to create and share playlists, and would prefer downloading albums/songs/playlists, then it's worth it. You can get new music, although some artists won't allow their new albums to be on spotify. it's about $10/month and they might still throw in Hulu for an extra $3/month.

I use amazon music because of the web player restrictions at work but it’s playlsits and stations are lacking. Might switch back to Spotify if it works at work again

Reaction Score
I just wish that Spotify would release a watch app that allowed for offline listening. It’s apparently much easier to do with the new watch OS (Audible just added offline capabilities), so hopefully it will happen. I just like to run without my phone and right now it’s Overcast/Audible/Apple Music offline, but I’d prefer to switch to Spotify.

Reaction Score
Outside of email (Bluemail) and largely unimportant work conversations (Slack), I basically use my phone for navigating in my car and listening to things in my car. I listen to audiobooks through the library with Libby and Hoopla. I use Pocket Casts for podcasts and Pandora for music. I always liked Spotify but recently a bug would tell me I was offline and couldn't play music, while connected to WiFi and with a premium membership which allows offline play. I am actually really liking Pandora now that you can download individual albums and songs as with Spotify.

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score
A bit OT for this OT, but I used to use CarTunes for playing locally stored music in my car. I have a ton of live shows I like to cycle through (as I've recently learned, @August_West played a large role years ago in making much of what I have publicly available), especially when I have an upcoming show I've landed tix to.

Anyway, it was by far the easiest music app to safely use while driving as you could call up songs/artists/albums by a gestures and/or voice command, as well as FF, RW, Play/Pause via gestures. As of a few months ago, it disappeared and I had to find another app. I settled on Pulsar, but really miss the ease of CarTunes. Does anyone know of something similar, or even close?

Big Time EDIT: I checked on a whim after posting this, and it's back! Highly recommended if you don't rely on streaming as your music source.

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I've been meaning to thank those who recommended Carrot, which I have been enjoying and think is considerably better than the free weather apps I had been using; now I am wondering whether Fishy provides content for them:

IMG_2253.PNG

By the way, Carrot users, which voice do you prefer? I have tried them all and don't love any of them, but I have settled on Jeeves of late because it seems to be the best match for delivery of the content.

Of course, I have the personality set to Overkill.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Is Carrot for android just a much worse version of the Apple app? It's rated pretty poorly to others.

Reaction Score
Natural news. Herbal medicine is kind of a hobby of mine and this aap has daily articles on herbs as well as food and diet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom