What's Next | Page 3 | The Boneyard

What's Next

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
We also know that UConn lost Piath and hasn't replaced her as of yet.
Without a replacement, UConn was better off with her than without her.
That makes it appear that her departure represents a loss of talent for the UConn bench for the next 2-3 years.
And the exact reasons for her leaving are unknown, we can only speculate.
Personally I think that Geno and the team would rather have her return.
I know that I do, but that decision is between Geno & Piath.
There must have been some kind of friction there.
Probably a classic case of friction between management & labor, perhaps about conditions of one form or another.
Piath will be a junior next year and she had little chance of playing meaningful minutes at UConn. She is leaving UConn in search of playing time, plain and simple.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
We also know that UConn lost Piath and hasn't replaced her as of yet.
Well, not sure I agree with that. UCONN lost 2 "bigs", ONO and Gabriel. They have 2 "bigs" coming in, Patterson and Brady. So, in numbers anyway, we're equal. With Griffin (4/3), we're at least a half ahead of last year.

Where we are actually shorter, is in guard. Last year we started with Williams, Westbrook, Bueckers, Muhl, Ducharme, Fudd (and Poffenbarger ) - 7 for 3 positions

Next year we have Bueckers, Muhl, Ducharme, Fudd and Senechal - 5 for 3 positions.

Without a replacement, UConn was better off with her than without her.
For practice purposes I'd agree. 12 players is better than 11.

That makes it appear that her departure represents a loss of talent for the UConn bench for the next 2-3 years.
Not sure about that. Depends on how good Edwards, Brady and Patterson end up being. Personally I think all 3 will end up better than Gabriel would have been. But that's just an opinion/guess.

Reaction Score
Not afraid to choose UConn but rather "would strongly prefer not to."
I'm only trying to be realistic.
You think that Geno didn't try to entice Rickea Jackson or Angle Reese to transfer to UConn?
Angel likes to wear nail polish and maybe false eyelashes too, so maybe UConn doesn't align with her values.
I think you understand quite well that it's not only about them fitting in with UConn, but about UConn management fitting the contemporary values of today's players.
IDK, but these are real life issues and perhaps reasons that give players pause to not chose to transfer to UConn if they have multiple options.
Some players may be willing to conform, I guess that time will tell if & when a top transfer shows up.

Being traded to the Yankees has led to a lot of MLB players to shave their beards and to cut their long hair.
But then they're getting paid a lot of money.
And many pro sports players contracts have a list of teams that they don't want to be traded to.
If you’re a talented player and you decide to enter the transfer portal, I guess your initial University decision was a poor one.
If you decide not to play for UCONN Because of eyelash extensions or a certain nail polish look, I’d wager that you’re well on your way to a second bad decision.
More like the challenge of grueling practices and tip top talent is something you’re not prepared to handle.
And EARNING playing time.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
We have 2 top 5 players coming in that are Bigs. We have Amari who plays with her back to the basket and has a very good lookin outside shot. Edwards should be looking like a big time star this season. Geno utilized Amari last season up top passing the ball down low. All these kids are going to be developed because they are that good. Why would UConn bring in another big who will not see much playtime? Maybe a 5th year senior who understands she is not going to see much playtime with everybody that is in front of her.

UConn has the talent and the players. Lou2 was a good pickup because we needed someone to backup Paige Azzi and Nika. As far as bigs we have plenty and they need to be developed. They have the talent to be special. Dorka Edwards Amari Ice and Patterson all can do the work we need underneath and Caroline well Caroline is a special talent. What UConn needs in the off season is to get healthy and stay healthy. Remember we dont know whats going on with the team and Geno does. His decisions are made based on that. Try to read inbetween the lines and when you question what Geno does think first why is he doing it.

The problem we had last season was injuries. We had alot of them and still made it to the final game. Many fans didnt think we would make it out of the regionals. Perhaps a healthy UConn team would've faired better but we will never know and it really doesnt matter. Look forward not backwards the season is over and a new one is about to begin

Reaction Score
I don’t really understand your point. We are talking about kids who have already made their decision to leave a school by entering the transfer portal. So any disappointment their friends might feel because of their departure is going to happen regardless of where they end up. Whether they end up at UConn or some obscure NAIA school is largely immaterial to their friends.
This is where the "college age daughter" part comes in. They do worry about what their friends at the school they're leaving will think of whatever school they end up at. This concern follows them even after the decision to enter the portal. Obviously they don't care what the school or coach they're leaving thinks about their choice. But friends make demands on the heart that aren't easily dismissed.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
This is where the "college age daughter" part comes in. They do worry about what their friends at the school they're leaving will think of whatever school they end up at. This concern follows them even after the decision to enter the portal. Obviously they don't care what the school or coach they're leaving thinks about their choice. But friends make demands on the heart that aren't easily dismissed.
Unless your college age daughter is a D1 basketball player, I am skeptical that she is representative of these kids in the transfer portal.

The friends you describe sound a bit shallow. Once someone has made the tough decision to transfer, wouldn’t a “real friend” want whatever is best for them?

Reaction Score
Unless your college age daughter is a D1 basketball player, I am skeptical that she is representative of these kids in the transfer portal.

The friends you describe sound a bit shallow. Once someone has made the tough decision to transfer, wouldn’t a “real friend” want whatever is best for them?
That's all fair and reasonable. But they are also kids, and their priorities are not always so clearly thought out and their hearts not always so ready for independence. Evina seemed exceptional to me in making the decision to leave a difficult situation, resist the urge to vent about it, and then build a new place for herself at UConn with new friends. Not many 19 or 20 year olds have that degree of self-possession.

When I first started teaching college classes, fresh out of grad school, I assumed I'd be working with adults. Imagine my surprise to discover how much like kids most of my students were. Of course, how different was I at 27 from also being a kid?

Reaction Score
We have 2 top 5 players coming in that are Bigs. We have Amari who plays with her back to the basket and has a very good lookin outside shot. Edwards should be looking like a big time star this season. Geno utilized Amari last season up top passing the ball down low. All these kids are going to be developed because they are that good. Why would UConn bring in another big who will not see much playtime? Maybe a 5th year senior who understands she is not going to see much playtime with everybody that is in front of her.

UConn has the talent and the players. Lou2 was a good pickup because we needed someone to backup Paige Azzi and Nika. As far as bigs we have plenty and they need to be developed. They have the talent to be special. Dorka Edwards Amari Ice and Patterson all can do the work we need underneath and Caroline well Caroline is a special talent. What UConn needs in the off season is to get healthy and stay healthy. Remember we dont know whats going on with the team and Geno does. His decisions are made based on that. Try to read inbetween the lines and when you question what Geno does think first why is he doing it.

The problem we had last season was injuries. We had alot of them and still made it to the final game. Many fans didnt think we would make it out of the regionals. Perhaps a healthy UConn team would've faired better but we will never know and it really doesnt matter. Look forward not backwards the season is over and a new one is about to begin
Looks like Emily Kiser (Michigan) entered the transfer portal. Is she too good of a 5th year senior to round out the ‘22-‘23 roster?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
We don't know whether Geno tried to recruit additional players from the portal or from Europe or not.
It's not right to say that Geno and staff knows what the right thing to do really is.
If UConn was unsuccessful trying to get more players then that wasn't Geno's decision based on evaluation at all, that's only the result of what happened and then he lives with the result by playing with the hand that he's dealt.
Just because fans like to speculate doesn't mean that they're right or wrong, they could be thinking just like Geno except Geno's hands are tied by the decisions of potential players about choosing to attend UConn or not.

The only thing that we can really agree on is that if UConn plays well enough next year then anything can happen and they can win a NC.
And if they don't play well enough then they won't win.
It's not rocket science, it's just that we're all in the dark about what UConn attempts to do and why the roster ends up being what it is.

Time will tell whether UConn will add more players or not for next year.
But we still won't know if Geno attempted to add more players to the roster or not, or who they were.
And we'll just need to wait for next year's team to play out their season.
For all anyone knows, Piath could change her mind and ask Geno to come back and play for UConn.
I may be in the minority here, but I think your take has merit. There are a lot of “unknowns” the UConn fan base have at this time. You touched on all of them. Geno and his staff have to assess the team’s players as to where they will potentially be in November and decide whether or not to try and add a player or two from the portal.

Right now, does anyone know if Aubrey will be 100% in November? Right now today does anyone know if Ice Brady and Ayanna Patterson are going to be ready to play and make significant contributions in every game the entire season? Do we know for sure that Amari will make a significant sophomore leap and take over the starting post position in the starting line-up, and play at or exceed the level of play Geno and staff expect her to?

Caroline is coming off of hip surgery. Does anyone know if she will be 100% and able to play at the level she is expected to? As you articulated, Geno and staff must try and project what the state of the team will be 8-9 months from now, and decide whether to bring more players or not.

We also don’t know who he has attempted to bring in. Schools can’t say publicly who they are or are not pursuing. Some folks here think we need another big, some don't. Right know, it's a crapshoot. The one thing that we do know is that South Carolina is the team to beat. They were the last team that stood between UConn and the NC. Nobody knows how a freshman is going to adjust to elite level WCBB until they take the floor.

None of the top 25 teams are standing pat. All of them are trying to improve their roster through acquisitions from the portal.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The bottom line is we didn’t get anyone from the portal that is better than the current and projected “big” talent base. I’m fine with that as it probably means we feel pretty good about the front line going into next year.
I am hoping the reason Geno feels comfortable going into next year with what we have is that Aubrey is going to be 100%. I just have a hard time believing he has that much faith in a sophomore that didn’t really show much last year and two freshmen who have yet to see any playing time. I also don’t see Geno getting someone battle tested against inferior big east competition if they didn’t show up in practice which has been his standard procedure. If that had taken place last year maybe Amari would have been able to replace some of Dorka’s playing time In the tournament. Amari saw some early playing time out of necessity but really didn’t do anything substantial. Even with Aubrey at 100% playing the four or possibly the five she is still undersized and playing out of position. I still say we could’ve used an experienced big grad transfer as insurance.One year would not have hurt anyone’s development and the prospect of two openings at the center / forward positions would not entice
transfers out at that position. Major playing time the next season.

Carnac

Reaction Score
I am hoping the reason Geno feels comfortable going into next year with what we have is that Aubrey is going to be 100%. I just have a hard time believing he has that much faith in a sophomore that didn’t really show much last year and two freshmen who have yet to see any playing time. I also don’t see Geno getting someone battle tested against inferior big east competition if they didn’t show up in practice which has been his standard procedure. If that had taken place last year maybe Amari would have been able to replace some of Dorka’s playing time In the tournament. Amari saw some early playing time out of necessity but really didn’t do anything substantial. Even with Aubrey at 100% playing the four or possibly the five she is still undersized and playing out of position. I still say we could’ve used an experienced big grad transfer as insurance.One year would not have hurt anyone’s development and the prospect of two openings at the center / forward positions would not entice
transfers out at that position. Major playing time the next season.
It's quite possible that neither Piath Gabriel nor Mir McLean would have transferred had they received more playing time. They got almost zero playing time last year. There were games when the only time they saw the floor was during warm-ups. Neither player was ever close to being in the rotation. I don't blame them one bit for leaving. Players want to play, not cheerlead. Both players knew that ALL of the new players coming in this summer would be AHEAD of them on the depth chart. :(

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
So much emphasis is placed on the need for DeBerry to grow her talent over the summer.
That's true but the reality is that all of the players have room for growth too.
Some more than others but every single one of the UConn players needs to improve their game.
Some of the players have now been beaten in the Final Four twice.
In pro sports, it's often said that the game slows down for players as they gain more experience, which helps them to make great plays and decisions.
That can takes several years for some, whereas others are more pro ready as rookies.
Some of the growth that's needed is mental in addition to the physical.
Some things can be taught but not everything is teachable, they can only learn it through experience if at all.
Every year is probably a new learning experience for Geno too as he tries to figure things out.
Actually there is only one player that has been beaten in the Final Four twice and that one didn't even play last year. Aubrey is the only one to lose twice, while all the other players except for Dorka and the incoming players have lost once in the Final Four and once in the Championship game.

Reaction Score
UCONN will be preseason top 3 in the nation for a reason. The reason is they have enough positives/least number of negatives than 99% of the other teams have. There is no such thing as a 100% perfect college team.

We should be able to expect that Paige, Azzi, Nika, CD, and Dorka will be very healthy to start the season. Modern medicine sort of backs ups this.

We should be able to expect that CD can play some PF. Because we saw Evina do it, and she is/will be more physical than the Jr. Evina was. We should be able to expect that between Patterson, Brady, and DeBerry that one should be able to be decent enough to be a bench player behind Dorka and AE. All the talk how we hear that younger players are getting better and better yet we throw this out the window with both of the new recruits? Since when was it written in stone that you can't rely on number 4 and number 5 rated recruits in which you just need 1 (or a combo of the 2) to give you some competent backup minutes?

For all those that have preached bench bench bench- now all of a sudden before the season even started that if bench bench bench was used for any or all of these 3 players, then none of these top recruits will perform as the season progresses? So DeBerry can’t improve too? She could only improve throughout her soph year if she played more her freshman year? Seriously?

Reaction Score
It's quite possible that neither Piath Gabriel nor Mir McLean would have transferred had they received more playing time. They got almost zero playing time last year. There were games when the only time they saw the floor was during warm-ups. Neither player was ever close to being in the rotation. I don't blame them one bit for leaving. Players want to play, not cheerlead. Both players knew that ALL of the new players coming in this summer would be AHEAD of them on the depth chart. :(
And it's quite possible that the extra minutes that UCONN gave to the other core players were the reason that UCONN got as far as they did. And giving lesser players more minutes can also be a reason why they would lose a close game.

Reaction Score
I totally understand folks wanting to see more bench players get PT. Of course, Geno and CD know a whole lot more about every player than we do, so our opinions are not really relevant. But I always loved the waning minutes of games when Piath and Amari would get in the game. You could see their excitement, as well as their rough edges. It’s easy to mistake this pleasure for a reason to complain that Geno didn’t use them enough.

Carnac

Reaction Score
And it's quite possible that the extra minutes that UCONN gave to the other core players were the reason that UCONN got as far as they did. And giving lesser players more minutes can also be a reason why they would lose a close game.
HH, I'm not suggesting that should have given Gabriel and McLean more playing time during close game. I'm suggesting that they could have been given more time in games that UConn was winning by 20-30 points late in the game. Games against some teams you knew the outcome BEFORE the tip. I'm not championing the plight of the players on the end of the bench, just suggesting that they might have stayed had they gotten more minutes. As I said.....players want to play, not observe.

I fully and completely understand that there is a method to Geno's madness. I'm questioning that. I just looked at the scores of games from this past season. Some of them where won by 20+ points.

Carnac

Reaction Score
HH, I'm not suggesting that should have given Gabriel and McLean more playing time during close game. I'm suggesting that they could have been given more time in games that UConn was winning by 20-30 points late in the game. Games against some teams you knew the outcome BEFORE the tip. I'm not championing the plight of the players on the end of the bench, just suggesting that they might have stayed had they gotten more minutes. As I said.....players want to play, not observe.

I fully and completely understand that there is a method to Geno's madness. I'm questioning that. I just looked at the scores of games from this past season. Some of them where won by 20+ points.
A correction. I've been off the grid recently, I wanted to correct this sooner. This was post was written on my cellphone as are 80% of the comments I write. This IS NOT what I meant to say. That damn spell check (Grammarly) sometimes changes or deletes words it thinks should be omitted or changed. It should read: (corrections BOLDED)

HH, I'm not suggesting that Geno should have given Gabriel and McLean more playing time during close games. I'm suggesting that they could have been given more time in games that UConn was winning by 20-30 points late in the game. Games against some teams you knew the outcome BEFORE the tip. I'm not championing the plight of the players on the end of the bench, just suggesting that they might have stayed had they gotten more minutes. As I said.....players want to play, not observe.

I fully and completely understand that there is a method to Geno's madness. I'm NOT questioning that. I just looked at the scores of games from this past season. Some of them where won by 20+ points. In Geno I trust!!! I'm a fan from afar. I'll take what comes. One thing that Geno told us he tells his players that resonates with me is: "Give me a reason to play you (in practice), or a reason to bench you." Obviously Gabriel and DeBerry continuously gave Geno reasons to bench them. Whoever Geno puts on the floor are players he thinks can help the team win THAT game. There's a reason some players don't get in the game. THIS season, there should not be any players in Geno's doghouse. EVERYONE should be in the rotation and play meaningful minutes.

Reaction Score
Looks like Emily Kiser (Michigan) entered the transfer portal. Is she too good of a 5th year senior to round out the ‘22-‘23 roster?
I think she is a possibility, but more as a form of insurance. Carnac and others have mentioned how much uncertainty there is regarding next year's bigs. That is certainly true, I think we need 4 of our 6 bigs to be playable at a high level in big games. Since all six are talented enough to be part of a rotation I like our odds. Say two from Aubrey, Amari, Ice and Ayanna to join Dorka and Alliyah.

Aubrey might not play at all, who knows if Amari will take a big step forward, and Ice and Ayanna are freshmen. Then we have a season like this last one, where for a few games we did not have any backup guards because of injuries, and you could make a case for another big that you don't anticipate using, but in a worst case scenario would be ok if needed.

Kiser could fill that role if she was OK with it. Not much chance to be in the rotation unless several things go wrong, but she might just enjoy being part of the Uconn program for a year. I imagine if she was a high school senior looking at a real long-shot for playing time she wouldn't be interested in us, but a grad transfer could have a different prospective.

Regardless the domestic transfers that could have potentially been difference makers, or a threat to our known bigs have all been spoken for. So with what's left domestically an insurance type player is all we can get, if we want that at all. I don't have a clue about foreign players, there could be some very good ones there that are possibilities.

Reaction Score
I think she is a possibility, but more as a form of insurance. Carnac and others have mentioned how much uncertainty there is regarding next year's bigs. That is certainly true, I think we need 4 of our 6 bigs to be playable at a high level in big games. Since all six are talented enough to be part of a rotation I like our odds. Say two from Aubrey, Amari, Ice and Ayanna to join Dorka and Alliyah.

Aubrey might not play at all, who knows if Amari will take a big step forward, and Ice and Ayanna are freshmen. Then we have a season like this last one, where for a few games we did not have any backup guards because of injuries, and you could make a case for another big that you don't anticipate using, but in a worst case scenario would be ok if needed.

Kiser could fill that role if she was OK with it. Not much chance to be in the rotation unless several things go wrong, but she might just enjoy being part of the Uconn program for a year. I imagine if she was a high school senior looking at a real long-shot for playing time she wouldn't be interested in us, but a grad transfer could have a different prospective.

Regardless the domestic transfers that could have potentially been difference makers, or a threat to our known bigs have all been spoken for. So with what's left domestically an insurance type player is all we can get, if we want that at all. I don't have a clue about foreign players, there could be some very good ones there that are possibilities.

All six of our bigs are talented enough to be part of a regular rotation?
Geez.
Based on what?
Headlines?
Hoopgurls?
Projected medical reports?
I think your getting a little ahead of things.
This roster is at least one if not two players short handed as things now stand.
JMHO

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Geez.
Based on what?
Headlines?
Hoopgurls?
This roster is at least one if not two players short handed as things now stand.
JMHO
Yes, all 6 players are talented enough to be part of a regular rotation. 3 already have. One of three players: Amari, Ice or Ayanna, needs to step up and then UConn has a minimum of 4 Bigs in the rotation, which is all the team needs up front. If we end up with 5 or 6, that’s a bonus.

We can speculate endlessly about additional Bigs that UConn could have or should have pursued in the transfer portal. The fact that Geno and his coaches chose not to bring in another Big should indicate to all of us that he is confident he has the talented players necessary for UConn’s rotation.

Reaction Score
Geez.
Based on what?
Headlines?
Hoopgurls?
JMHO

Yes, all 6 players are talented enough to be part of a regular rotation. 3 already have. One of three players: Amari, Ice or Ayanna, needs to step up and then UConn has a minimum of 4 Bigs in the rotation, which is all the team needs up front. If we end up with 5 or 6, that’s a bonus.

We can speculate endlessly about additional Bigs that UConn could have or should have pursued in the transfer portal. The fact that Geno and his coaches chose not to bring in another Big should indicate to all of us that he is confident he has the talented players necessary for UConn’s rotation.
You beat me to it oldude! They all have enough talent to potentially be very good, and as you stated, we really only need one of the three unproven players to come thru for a rotation of 4 bigs. I like those odds, but I'm not sure if we wanted another big or not. I just don't know. Geno could have said those 6 are enough, that wouldn't surprise me, but I think it is also conceivable that because of potential injuries and insurance he wanted one more, but couldn't find one. Who knows.

Reaction Score
Now that the season is over one victory from a national championship and we have had time to reflect on the loss to South Carolina, it is time as many have already noted to turn the page and to begin seriously to think about next season.

As of this time, we have Piath Gabriel in the transfer portal, not to mention the two players who bailed during the season. Fairfield’s Lou Lopez-Senechal will be playing for UConn next season. The 6.1 guard who averaged over 19 points last season appears to be a good pickup. Two intriguing additional possibilities are Latisha Lattimore, an injured 6.4 frosh who played for Texas and is a friend of Aaliyah Edwards, and 6.4 forward Kadi Sissoko from Minnesota. Given all the injuries the Huskies sustained last season, the addition of both a guard and a big girl seems wise.

The team has the core for success in returning players and two highly touted recruits coming to Storrs. In theory we have eleven players, but given the injuries over the past season this is not enough and a number of questions exist about the future.

First, can we expect Aubrey Griffin to return and play with the intensity she did before her back surgery? I am doubtful, yet hopeful.

Is it possible for the Huskies to undergo a season without serious injuries?

Will we see the 100% recovery of Paige, Dorka, Caroline, and Azzi and will Azzi be able, if completely healthy, to create her own shots?

Will DeBarry use the summer to make herself into a player who will be a major contributor to the team the upcoming season?

Will Brady and Patterson be significant contributors to the team next season?

Since Gabriel is on campus to finish the semester, is it possible that she will change her mind and return to Storrs for next season?

Lastly, what benefit will the team get from the transfer portal? What we have seen so far is promising.

The transfer questions should shake out in a few weeks and we can hope that the team will be able to successfully compete with big and physical teams like South Carolina for it appears that the Gamecocks have established a new parameter for success on the national stage. Moreover, both South Carolina and Baylor have mastered the rent-a-player scenario.
Carnac et all--some high power talented Boneyard people liked your post, me too.
Griffin, I'm hopeful, but doubtful--let us wait and see. Same is true of De Berry, I'll believe it when I see it against top talented posts. That too could be my reply for the two Freshmen stars coming in. I've seen lots of well hyped, top 4 players that never quite made it. Some Say Geno won't start Freshmen, the truth, and paige and Fudd and Caroline are the proof, he will start talented kids who don't go blind with the glare of Big time basketball. Caroline is the image of the kids , in any position, Geno wants. She doesn't fade in small or big games. She shoots because she knows she can score. Some say she shoots too much, I want her to shoot more because she scores. If these new Frosh follow Caroline and Fudd and Paige's lead they will be playing, if not, they sit.
Christine Dailey, has record of teaching poor posts to become near great posts. Jessica Moore, From Alaska, I have demeaned her in previous post. I watched her again recently. She was a nothing that Christine dailey made into a very food post. She was a lot better than my failing memory indicated. Point is if CD can do that for Moore Gabrial should be easy.
We need to stop our fixation on South Carolina. SC like all teams is more than just Boston and next years team may not play as this team did. Let us see who they look against UC in Columbia.

Reaction Score

When you take away the shoulda, coulda, woulda, may have, could have, what is left? Yes the 6 could be in the rotation--but you won't know that until November. Talent in high school is not talent in UConn. Luckily Caroline, Fudd, Paige, Muhl, Edwards, had the inward psychological and physical make up , i.e. came from tough stock, and were therefore ready to make a difference in big time games. Geno has said this often, and if you want to play for Geno --do it: When you get into the game as a sub: Make a difference. Change the game. Make a steal, make a shot or 3, make a defensive stop --immediately. Be a do-er, not a watcher. Caroline, I like this kid, did all that in spades and she as a new freshman played. Some said Caroline shoots too much, not Geno--he said he wanted 6 more like her. Geno will tell her when to stop shooting. Those that stop shooting because GENO MAY think she shoots too much get to sit too much. Your comments, as usual are spot on target. Yet, I'd be happy with 4 more posts, remember they often are the first out of the game with fouls. The guards have backups.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
When you take away the shoulda, coulda, woulda, may have, could have, what is left? Yes the 6 could be in the rotation--but you won't know that until November. Talent in high school is not talent in UConn. Luckily Caroline, Fudd, Paige, Muhl, Edwards, had the inward psychological and physical make up , i.e. came from tough stock, and were therefore ready to make a difference in big time games. Geno has said this often, and if you want to play for Geno --do it: When you get into the game as a sub: Make a difference. Change the game. Make a steal, make a shot or 3, make a defensive stop --immediately. Be a do-er, not a watcher. Caroline, I like this kid, did all that in spades and she as a new freshman played. Some said Caroline shoots too much, not Geno--he said he wanted 6 more like her. Geno will tell her when to stop shooting. Those that stop shooting because GENO MAY think she shoots too much get to sit too much. Your comments, as usual are spot on target. Yet, I'd be happy with 4 more posts, remember they often are the first out of the game with fouls. The guards have backups.
Yes, I won’t know what the rotation is until November, and maybe not until January or February. But I’ll bet Geno has a pretty good idea right now. Geno knew Paige was his starting freshman pg when he watched her play in HS. I’ll bet he has a really good idea of where Aubrey & Amari will be with their games next season. I’ll also bet that he has a pretty good feel for whether or not Ice & Ayanna will be ready to contribute next season as well. That’s why he gets paid the BIG BUCKS$$$$.

Reaction Score

Once again into the fray: The transfer portal isn't closed, I would think. Geno may not have taken one yet, but that doesn't mean he won't. Selective is Christine's middle name when it comes to posts, but I doubt this is a one person decision. The worst decision Uconn could make, our of "panic" would be to get 2 any two, because we have just been there and see the results.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom