OT: - What are your Thanksgiving plans? | The Boneyard

OT: What are your Thanksgiving plans?

Reaction Score
We usually have a minimum of 12 people over. Big feast with family and friends. My wife is a great cook and fills the kitchen up with food, and the aroma fills the house.

Well no party this time, just my wife and I, and our oldest daughter (who lives nearby).

I'm really thinking on baking the turkey and preparing the meal this Thanksgiving, under my wife's direction. Its scaled way down (small turkey/dressing, couple of vegetables and a dessert), so its a good time to learn. If it tastes bad no one will know. Just to let you know I am not a cook, can't cook and my specialty is only breakfast.

Gotta try and make the most of it, and enjoy the day, in spite of the circumstances.

What are you guys planning this holiday?

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Four total. Turkey breast instead of a full bird.

Reaction Score
Will be my parents, sisters, and me. Usually have around 28-30 people so will be much smaller this year

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
My kids and Grandkids are all staying north. Friends and family have invited us for dinner down here in Florida, but its looking bleak. I am thinking of a tee time and bringing my wife to ride along on the cart a nice brunch at the club after then roasting a chicken with all the fixings - yes no turkey!

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Usually head to the parent's or in laws, each usually have 15-20 in attendence. Neither are doing anything this year so it will be just me the wife and kids. Will be smoking a turkey and making the best out of what is usually my favorite holiday.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Wife's side of the family has it this year. I am cooking nothing and have no responsibilities. My sister-in-law and her hubby are hosting.

Going to enjoy low stress Thanksgiving.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Sister in-laws with my parent in laws. 6 adults and 3 kids. Usually try to see my parents too but we’ll catch them later

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Great to see the BY is being smart and socially responsible. We usually attend an event with about 10-14 people - this year it's a party of 2. Should be awesome. I see my parents/in-laws/brothers plenty, and have been/will be zooming with my aunts/uncles/cousins.

Last edited:

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Usually have 15 to 25 people at our house. This year, just my wife and me and then we'll take some food and drop it off at her parents house without going in. Then we'll visit her brother, who many of you have donated to, at his facility for 30 minutes, outside, socially distanced, masks and all.

I'm dreaming of having Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years and Easter all rolled into one on Mother's Day with everyone here with a turkey, couple of rib roasts, spiral ham and a ton of traditional sides and many birthday cakes.

Reaction Score
Just me and my wife, furry friends. Family out of state all concerned so the normal 10-12 down to us. Not finalized but my son and his GF both coach HS volleyball and had signed up for a weekend volleyball convention which somehow still happened Head bang . Sorry love my son but no clue about the people at this convention. My vote is no, wife’s not completely on the same page. TBD

Reaction Score
My wife is super nurse taking care of covid patients. My 6 month old and I will opt out of our typical thanksgiving (30+ ppl) and see if we can safely make a Turkey dinner with dessert and surprise her when she comes home. I’m trying haha

Reaction Score
My wife is super nurse taking care of covid patients. My 6 month old and I will opt out of our typical thanksgiving (30+ ppl) and see if we can safely make a Turkey dinner with dessert and surprise her when she comes home. I’m trying haha
You can do it! Just me and my son who's coming down from Jersey. We've both been self isolating to be safe. Usually close to 20 people - not worth the risk. Tough one for us - 1st one without my mom. Not gonna be traditional - trying to recreate some recipes of stuff we ate in Greece and Czech Republic last year.

Reaction Score
My daughter is having dinner-we went last year around 12 total. It is 2 miles down the street, but my wife is now bed ridden and eats only pureed food. So what looks like her last Thanksgiving, we will spend home together. I may order a take out dinner-Not really, and not looking forward to it.

Reaction Score
My daughter is having dinner-we went last year around 12 total. It is 2 miles down the street, but my wife is now bed ridden and eats only pureed food. So what looks like her last Thanksgiving, we will spend home together. I may order a take out dinner-Not really, and not looking forward to it.

So sorry to hear about your wife Madman. Prayers to both of you.

Reaction Score

praying for your wife. I hope everything is ok.

Reaction Score
I might have to find some kosher turkey bacon and turn it into jerky using the microwave.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Girlfriend is a nurse at CCMC Oncology

Buy the ring already.

----------

Fiance and I just moved into a house. Plan, right now, is to host for the first time, just with our parents, us and the cat. But every hour that goes by, we're both thinking we might just make the dinner and drop it off outside our folks' houses.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom