What are you binge watching? | Page 62 | The Boneyard

What are you binge watching?

Reaction Score
8 years late to the party but I watched the first episode of Patriot last night. Seems like an excellent dark comedy. My boss recommended it and says it will only get better.
Your boss was right. The show is incredible. Why it was not renewed for a 3rd season is criminal. Had one of best cliffhangers ever! Shame on Amazon.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
New season of ‘Fargo’ is AWESOME.
I like it a lot, after not really liking the prior season.. It seems to be back to the optimal levels of Coen brothers-ish quirkiness, story telling and weird but intriguing characters.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Your boss was right. The show is incredible. Why it was not renewed for a 3rd season is criminal. Had one of best cliffhangers ever! Shame on Amazon.
Got this in my playlist.

Reaction Score
I like it a lot, after not really liking the prior season.. It seems to be back to the optimal levels of Coen brothers-ish quirkiness, story telling and weird but intriguing characters.
I liked season 4 a lot. Chris Rock was great.

Reaction Score
I've had a hard time getting into shows recently. I blasted thru this in 2 days (8 episodes). Quite good I thought. Red herrings galore. The end was a bit of a "what?!" Big cliffhanger, luckily it's not a Netflix original so hopefully it won't get cancelled without any resolution. The entire cast were unknowns to me other than Peyton, a number of very good performances.
I finished School Spirits over the weekend. Was an enjoyable watch. I'd categorize it as good, not great. That said, I'll watch Season 2 when/if it comes out. One question I had from the last episode was how the main character heard what was going on in the boiler room that caused her to open the door. I'm trying to ask that question as opaquely as possible to avoid spoilers.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I'm trying to ask that question as opaquely as possible to avoid spoilers.
Was gonna try to offer something, but can't figure out how to tag something for spoilers. I'll send a PM.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Might be late to the party but "Blacklist" is an awesome show! I watched 9 seasons (22 episodes in each season)...season 10 (final season) will be coming to Netflix in April.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I got burned on the last whodunnit series I watched from Hulu, but I guess I'm a sucker. This is coming mid January.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Finished Slow Horses. Great stuff, just renewed for Season 5. Finished Monarch, which was good. Finished All the Light we Cannot See. I thought it was good, but my wife said the book is much better. Mark Ruffalo is a terrible actor, but everyone else was good, especially the actress playing the blind girl, but also Hugh Laurie.

Reaction Score
8 years late to the party but I watched the first episode of Patriot last night. Seems like an excellent dark comedy. My boss recommended it and says it will only get better.
I'm later than you. I started watching last night. The first scene was surprising but got me hooked. My kind of humor.

Reaction Score
Finished Slow Horses. Great stuff, just renewed for Season 5. Finished Monarch, which was good. Finished All the Light we Cannot See. I thought it was good, but my wife said the book is much better. Mark Ruffalo is a terrible actor, but everyone else was good, especially the actress playing the blind girl, but also Hugh Laurie.

How could you finish Monarch? There are still two episodes.

Reaction Score
'The Morning Show' has become my guilty pleasure. I enjoy watching a bunch of Alphas self-immolate as they try to maintain their place on the corporate food chain.

It's sort of a tongue-in-cheek version of 'The News', which was a bit too self important and Aaron Sorkin Preachy for my taste. Jennifer Anniston is doing a really good job.

I also started watching 'Slow Horses' and I'm enjoying it; the first four episodes of Season 1, anyway. Sometimes the dialogue gets a bit tricky what with the cockney accents but otherwise it's a good show.

Cannot wait for 'Shogun' to start Feb. 27th on F/X.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Shogun looks incredible. I loved the first one even though Richard Chamberlain was miscast as Anjin-san.

Reaction Score
'The Morning Show' has become my guilty pleasure. I enjoy watching a bunch of Alphas self-immolate as they try to maintain their place on the corporate food chain.

It's sort of a tongue-in-cheek version of 'The News', which was a bit too self important and Aaron Sorkin Preachy for my taste. Jennifer Anniston is doing a really good job.

I also started watching 'Slow Horses' and I'm enjoying it; the first four episodes of Season 1, anyway. Sometimes the dialogue gets a bit tricky what with the cockney accents but otherwise it's a good show.

Cannot wait for 'Shogun' to start Feb. 27th on F/X.
Shogun does look good. I remember the original from way back. The trailer reminds me of Marco Polo which was an entertaining series a few years ago.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Used a Showtime free trial to watch the final 3 seasons of Billions. Been a couple years since I watched S3-4, so had to go back and fast forward thru a bunch of episodes to recall the plot lines. Thought S6 and much of S7 were a drag, but the series redeemed itself with the final 4 episodes in S7. I found myself getting really tired and annoyed with a few of the minor characters among the Axe/MPC sales team as I found them unnecessary and one-dimensional, even till the end. I predicted the defection of two of Prince's team to Chuck's team, but even with that, the speed at which S7 E11-12 closed out the series held a lot of "a-ha!" moments that were surprises. A bit too sentimental at the end.

Reaction Score
Interesting on Ruffalo...he seems to get pretty decent praise for his films...what don't you like?

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Interesting on Ruffalo...he seems to get pretty decent praise for his films...what don't you like?
He’s completely wooden. He is as hulk as well, just monotone dry delivery of limes. He rarely seems to be the character he plays. Contrast to High Laurie in this one is pretty clear.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I've seen plenty of episodes of Hot Ones over the years on YouTube. Recently discovered Roku Channel has Season 3-15, so I've been picking thru those the last several days.

I never watched enough of them back to back before to recognize that EVERYBODY hates the #8 (out of 10) sauce Da Bomb. Apparently in addition to being insanely hot, it also tastes vile. There's simply no reason for it to exist, or for anybody to ever eat it.

It's pretty amazing how vast of a difference there is in among individuals as far as their tolerance for spicy things. Some are already struggling after #2 or #3, while others cruise through the whole thing without much trouble.

Reaction Score
The Brothers Sun on Netflix. Great action, wonderful acting and a solid story about Taiwan Triads. Highly recommend, by the end of second episode you will be hooked (if action is your genre). Only 8 episodes, but hoping for a season 2.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I'm in season 3 of 5 watching Kim's Convenience on Netflix. Comedy based in Toronto about a Korean Family that owns a convenience store. At times I've laughed out loud, which is rare.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I finally started The Bear. Four episodes the first night. After two I paid the extra $8 to avoid commercials on Hulu because that was annoying as hell.

Reaction Score
Anyone do Dr. Death on Peacock? Liked the first season and just wrapped the new, second season. Thought it was pretty good.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom