What are you binge watching? | Page 50 | The Boneyard

What are you binge watching?

Reaction Score
It’s Sons of Anarchy on horse back, so, no, it does not improve.

Utterly ridiculous show. Millions of people will die in a town of like 12 people and no one noticed.

In future seasons, you get to see the show runner’s vanity project as he forces himself into the plot with a ridiculous rodeo tangent. It is the single most indulgent thing I have seen on film since Quentin Tarantino decided that Pulp Fiction needed him.

At some point I found this show amusing. I forget which part.

But it devolved into Tractor Supply Company/Country Music Video. The show is for idiots.

Reaction Score
Wife and I started The Silo on Apple. Seems like a blend of The Divergent movies, Logan's Run and Snowpiercer. The premise is certainly liberally borrowed from other Sci Fi. Stars Rebecca Ferguson, Rashida Jones, Tim Robbins & David Oyelowo. So far the writing and acting is solid, and the style, which uses long, generous flashbacks, keeps you interested. Basically it goes back so that you can understand the importance of what happens now.

This show is a slow burn. It gets better and gets really good.

Apparently the books are fantastic.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Watched Season 1 of AppleTV's Foundation, and made it through this time. It is really good. The plot of a dying empire trying to hold off chaos might seem familiar, because Asimov's Foundation books were a big influence for Star Wars. It is hard to follow at times, because the rulers of the empire are clones, which makes the time jumps very confusing. It is worth it if you like SciFi, but I only have the energy for one show like this every 3 months or so.

I like that the good guys are not that good, and the empire's rationale for why they rule is explained. It is not a simple good vs. evil plot, unlike, say, Star Wars.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I just watched the first episode of Marvel’s Secret Invasion on Disney+. I’m a huge Marvel fan but the studio lost its mojo after Avengers: Endgame.

Secret Invasion features a post-blip Nick Fury and Talos, the Skrull from Captain Marvel, fighting an invasion of Bad Skrulls. The production quality is high, as usual, but it‘s a dark, serious cloak and dagger with only a few weak stabs at Marvel’s trademark humor. Where did all the clever writers at Marvel go? It’s like something DC might make

This is just another spy show. It’s not as bad as Hawkeye, but it’s no Jessica Jones or Daredevil.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Fubar. Staring Arnold and others. It's kind of a spoof but not really a spoof. It's funny and silly and doesn't take itself too seriously. Arnold pokes fun at himself fairly often. Much the humor is of the crude variety. Still, it's not terrible. Monica Barabaro plays Arnold's daughter. Not bad. Milan Carter plays his colleague Barry and is the most likable character.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I just watched Severance recently also and I loved it. I almost gave up after the first episode...but the quirkiness had me intrigued...then it just got better and better. Loved Patricia Arquette.
Just got around to Severance. Surprised I finished it as I couldn't understand a damn thing that was going on through first 3-4 episodes. It's a top three weird-ass show for me. But when it came together, it became compelling and I'm looking forward to S2. I'm dying to know if those bloody paintings mean anything and if Walken and Turturro get to connect outside work.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Just got around to Severance. Surprised I finished it as I couldn't understand a damn thing that was going on through first 3-4 episodes. It's a top three weird-ass show for me. But when it came together, it became compelling and I'm looking forward to S2. I'm dying to know if those bloody paintings mean anything and if Walken and Turturro get to connect outside work.
Usually when I watch a show that is that hard to figure out, I just turn it off. For some reason Severance was so out there, I had to find out what was going on.

Reaction Score
Watched Season 1 of AppleTV's Foundation, and made it through this time. It is really good. The plot of a dying empire trying to hold off chaos might seem familiar, because Asimov's Foundation books were a big influence for Star Wars. It is hard to follow at times, because the rulers of the empire are clones, which makes the time jumps very confusing. It is worth it if you like SciFi, but I only have the energy for one show like this every 3 months or so.

I like that the good guys are not that good, and the empire's rationale for why they rule is explained. It is not a simple good vs. evil plot, unlike, say, Star Wars.
It’s easily one of the worst shows ever made. Totally panned by legions of people.

The emperor storyline was OK, but the other two were nonsensical garbage.

Reaction Score
I probably again am late to the party but Mare of Easttown is top notch. On MAX.

I’m going to give Fubar a run.

Reaction Score
Fubar. Staring Arnold and others. It's kind of a spoof but not really a spoof. It's funny and silly and doesn't take itself too seriously. Arnold pokes fun at himself fairly often. Much the humor is of the crude variety. Still, it's not terrible. Monica Barabaro plays Arnold's daughter. Not bad. Milan Carter plays his colleague Barry and is the most likable character.
Fubar is solid, especially if you enjoyed True Lies.

Funny that Tom Arnold has a small part in Fubar.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Shrinked (Apple). If not for Ted Lasso, this would be my vote for the best comedy on streaming this year. While Indiana Jones and Han Solo always had comic elements and Harrison Ford has dabbled in rom-coms, for him to wait until 80 to do what's basically a straight up sitcom premise seems a crime as he's so good at it. Winning cast overall, everyone carries their weight. Even minor characters like Jason Segel's psychiatric patients, shine, especially a brilliantly goofy turn by Ted McGinley, whom I don't recall doing anything since Married With Children. While it's primarily a vehicle developed by and starring Segel, Ford, Jessica Williams and Christa Miller make this more a fantastic ensemble comedy.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
It’s easily one of the worst shows ever made. Totally panned by legions of people.

The emperor storyline was OK, but the other two were nonsensical garbage.

Thank you for copying and pasting an angry Reddit post. Got it.

Reaction Score
Columbo

Seriously. I started watching from Season 1 and just had to pay $3 for a 3 month Peacock subscription to continue. Yes, the shows all follow the exact same format. You know the killer. Columbo nails him or her. And they always give in even though they could probably get off in court. These shows though, they digitally remastered them and they are unbelievalbe. They all look brand spanking new. I love the era, the styling, the dress, the cars of the time. Probably one of the greatest, most underrated shows of all time. And one more thing, smoke 'em if you got 'em.

Reaction Score
Columbo

Seriously. I started watching from Season 1 and just had to pay $3 for a 3 month Peacock subscription to continue. Yes, the shows all follow the exact same format. You know the killer. Columbo nails him or her. And they always give in even though they could probably get off in court. These shows though, they digitally remastered them and they are unbelievalbe. They all look brand spanking new. I love the era, the styling, the dress, the cars of the time. Probably one of the greatest, most underrated shows of all time. And one more thing, smoke 'em if you got 'em.
Columbo slightly more entertaining compared with the 68 year old Barnaby Jones who had to chase a 25-35 year old villain and cuff him…….right?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Columbo slightly more entertaining compared with the 68 year old Barnaby Jones who had to chase a 25-35 year old villain and cuff him…….right?
If by slightly more you mean infinitely more, I agree. I remember the only time Jay Leno made me laugh, "When you watch Barnaby Jones, you know who the bad guy is right away. He's the guy who calls Barnaby, "Pops"."

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Columbo

I can't remember, have you done Poker Face yet?

Reaction Score
Started The Lazarus Project on TNT. IMDB says it debuted on British (sky) TV in 2022. It's about an international consortium that has the ability to turn back time but will only do so to prevent a mass extinction event. They restart the clock on the most recent July 1. Pretty interesting concept, and likeable characters. Will keep up with it.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don't know Poker Face but I'm interested
Check it out. The creator freely admits it's an homage (but not a copy) to Columbo. They even use the same graphics for the credits that Columbo uses. I thought it was a kick. Funny, too.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I'll watch pretty much anything with Natasha Lyonne in it, even if all she can really do is be Natasha Lyonne. I kept Peacock after the 7 day trial specifically so I could finish Poker Face. It was decent and I'm glad I watched it. But have to say I enjoyed Russian Doll much more. Thankfully I can now dump Peacock, which I find the 2nd most useless streamer after Disney. And I got to watch Cocaine Bear on the way out.

Reaction Score
I'll watch pretty much anything with Natasha Lyonne in it, even if all she can really do is be Natasha Lyonne. I kept Peacock after the 7 day trial specifically so I could finish Poker Face. It was decent and I'm glad I watched it. But have to say I enjoyed Russian Doll much more. Thankfully I can now dump Peacock, which I find the 2nd most useless streamer after Disney. And I got to watch Cocaine Bear on the way out.
I'm a big fan as well. We enjoyed Poker Face too, but the Warden couldn't get into Russian Doll. I'm going to try it again.

I have had Peacock free since I switched to Xfinity from Frontier a couple years ago. Just received an email that I will begin to be charged for it starting in July. They have me by the shorts because Peacock is the provider for Premier League.

Reaction Score
Started a new show and sadly had to go to sleep. It was pretty binge worthy. Slow Horses on Apple+. Stars Gary Oldman as a disheveled, outcast MI5 director. Jack Lowden plays Cartwright a young agent, who is sent to the outcast bunch Oldman runs, called Slough House. Slow Horses is the name M15 has for these misfit agents. Kristin Scott Thomas is good as an M15 director at the main HQ. Olivia Stone plays Sid, a young agent also sent to Slough House, but one who isn't such an outcast. I couldn't remember how I knew the actress, but she's Alicent Hightower in the new GOT prequel. Some other name actors in smaller roles, This is quite well done, the pilot starts fast and then is slow as hell, while the whole dynamic of Slough House and the characters are introduced. But it's worth the wait and picks up after that.
Gary Oldman's character is awesome. One step ahead of everyone else at all times, and can cut your heart out with a few simple words.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom