What are you binge watching? | Page 49 | The Boneyard

What are you binge watching?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
We're two episodes in and my wife wants to tap out. I am having a hard time with the "Hey, I'm a human lie detector." thing. But, will keep going.

I laughed at the Columbo reference because I told my wife, she has a Columbo vibe.

Poker Face is awesome

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I am at the beginning of the fourth episode of Yellowstone, and I think it is unwatchable. Does it get better, or is it as stupid a redneck soap opera as it seems? Every major Dutton character (plus Rip Wheeler) kills someone in the first three episodes, with no apparent consequences, either within their world, or emotionally, for any of the killings. Rip Wheeler also enslaves someone, including branding him, and everyone seems perfectly fine with it. John Dutton stages a stupid cattle raid against an army that gets his son killed in the first episode, and seems to be OK with it by the second episode. Let's go with all of them being sociopaths and put the fact that none of these killings has any emotional impact on the characters to the side. If they can kill people without consequences in that world, then what is the point of the show?

Reaction Score
I am at the beginning of the fourth episode of Yellowstone, and I think it is unwatchable. Does it get better, or is it as stupid a redneck soap opera as it seems? Every major Dutton character (plus Rip Wheeler) kills someone in the first three episodes, with no apparent consequences, either within their world, or emotionally, for any of the killings. Rip Wheeler also enslaves someone, including branding him, and everyone seems perfectly fine with it. John Dutton stages a stupid cattle raid against an army that gets his son killed in the first episode, and seems to be OK with it by the second episode. Let's go with all of them being sociopaths and put the fact that none of these killings has any emotional impact on the characters to the side. If they can kill people without consequences in that world, then what is the point of the show?
I couldn't get far in Yellowstone, but found 1888 and 1923 much more enjoyable. Also, check out The English for a spaghetti western nuance.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I watched "Beef" (Netflix) over the weekend. Started out with a bang, both humorous and ridiculous, but as it went on it got more dramatic, somewhat weird, and resembling "Unhinged", the Russell Crowe road rage flop. But good performances by most everyone. Stephen Yeun showed some range. I was impressed with Ali Wong being able to bring the goods as I only know her from her standup. David Choe was the standout to me. I'm not sure where it goes from the really strange last episode, but I kinda ended up enjoying it.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Sorry, Night Agent. I probably used some hyperbole in description. It is solid though.
I have two more episodes left. So far, I really like the older secret service guy. Good actor. Found the young secret service woman to be a b i t c h, but she's trending towards redemption. I like the hacker, she's cute and appealing. Lead FBI guy isn't the best actor. The Chief of Staff is a terrible actress or has terrible lines, maybe both. Overall, still a fun show.

Reaction Score
Started watching Bupkis on Peacock. Pete Davidson plays himself and it's loosely based on his life with admitted embellishment. A pretty solid supporting cast too. Edie Falco, Joe Pesci, Bobby Cannavale and Brad Garrett to name a few. I'm not a huge fan of Davidson, but I did like the King of Staten Island and through four episodes, I am enjoying this as well.

Reaction Score
Season 2 of Perry Mason was REALLY good, show got canceled unfortunately though.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
At the moment Band of Brothers. AMC is showing a marathon.

For purposes of full disclosure, I've owned this on blue ray for a little more than a decade but when anyone broadcasts it I find a way to watch at least a couple hours.

I know many will disagree and throw out The Wire or the Sopranos but in my humble opinion this is the best thing HBO ever did.
HBO On Demand has both Band of Brothers and the Sopranos. No commercials.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Warrior Nun on Netflix. Don’t bother. I understand that there are a lot of British characters in streaming series but these people mumble in incomprehensible accents. Drove me nuts.

The gist of this is that there’s a group of, well, warrior nuns that go around battling demons. A formerly dead woman is accidentally made into Super Nun and is reluctantly drafted into the group. The juxtaposition of her irreverent humor and lame jokes with the dour, ever-serious nuns just made the whole thing dumb. I ended up stopping it to rewatch the final episode of The Queen’s Gambit, my all time favorite

Reaction Score
Warrior Nun on Netflix. Don’t bother. I understand that there are a lot of British characters in these streaming series but these people mumble in incomprehensible accents. Drove me nuts.

The gist of this is that there’s a group of, well, warrior nuns that go around battling demons. A formerly dead woman is accidentally made into Super Nun and is reluctantly drafted into the group. The juxtaposition of her irreverent humor and lame jokes with the dour, ever-serious nuns just made the whole thing dumb. I ended up stopping it to rewatch the final episode of The Queen’s Gambit, my all time favorite
Queen’s Gambit - solid choice for all time favorite.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Wife and I started The Silo on Apple. Seems like a blend of The Divergent movies, Logan's Run and Snowpiercer. The premise is certainly liberally borrowed from other Sci Fi. Stars Rebecca Ferguson, Rashida Jones, Tim Robbins & David Oyelowo. So far the writing and acting is solid, and the style, which uses long, generous flashbacks, keeps you interested. Basically it goes back so that you can understand the importance of what happens now.

Reaction Score
The Boss and I are watching Season 3 of The Great. We really like it. Elle Fanning is wonderful and Nicholas Hoult is hysterical. Great supporting cast as well. The comic delivery is near perfect.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The Boss and I are watching Season 3 of The Great. We really like it. Elle Fanning is wonderful and Nicholas Hoult is hysterical. Great supporting cast as well. The comic delivery is near perfect.

Nicholas Hoult is one of the best actors of this generation. He should have won an Emmy for the Great. I like the Great, but the show is so weird and the Peter character is so ridiculous that it could completely spiral with a lesser actor in the role of Peter. I liked Elle Fanning more in Season 3 than in the prior two seasons. I think she is just getting better as an actor.

The King Hugo and Maxim characters annoyed me at first, but I really warmed up to them by the end of Season 3.

Reaction Score
Nicholas Hoult is one of the best actors of this generation. He should have won an Emmy for the Great. I like the Great, but the show is so weird and the Peter character is so ridiculous that it could completely spiral with a lesser actor in the role of Peter. I liked Elle Fanning more in Season 3 than in the prior two seasons. I think she is just getting better as an actor.

The King Hugo and Maxim characters annoyed me at first, but I really warmed up to them by the end of Season 3.
Hoult really is great. As much as I'm skeptical about Renfield, I will probably watch it because he's in it. I am only four episodes into Season 3 but I notice how good Fanning is becoming. The show is really over the top but it makes me laugh out constantly. My favorite supporting characters are Velementov, Archie and Marial.

Reaction Score
Into season 4 of Barry. Unexpected, darkly comical, shocking, splashes of violence.

I really like it though it takes a couple episodes to fully connect with its vibe.

Great cast.

Reaction Score
Got through episode 2 last night, was super dark.
Lol, just wait for ep 3.

Interesting enough, ep 2 does not have any infusion of "futuristic" technology? Isn't that atypical of black mirror? Still good tho.

Reaction Score
Through the first 2 episodes of the new Black Mirror season. What a great series this is. The Twilight Zone of this generation.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

It’s Sons of Anarchy on horse back, so, no, it does not improve.

Utterly ridiculous show. Millions of people will die in a town of like 12 people and no one noticed.

In future seasons, you get to see the show runner’s vanity project as he forces himself into the plot with a ridiculous rodeo tangent. It is the single most indulgent thing I have seen on film since Quentin Tarantino decided that Pulp Fiction needed him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom