What are you binge watching? | Page 60 | The Boneyard

What are you binge watching?

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I ran through Bosch: Legacy season 1 in under a week. Same characters, same Jeep, same house, same attitude as the original series. And the writing is pretty much on par IMO. If you liked the first series, you'll probably like this.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I ran through Bosch: Legacy season 1 in under a week. Same characters, same Jeep, same house, same attitude as the original series. And the writing is pretty much on par IMO. If you liked the first series, you'll probably like this.
I thought Madison Linz was outstanding in this season. I really like the way her character has developed.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
2 episodes of "A Murder at the End of the World" dropped on Hulu. Definitely into it so far. Deliberate story telling and lots of flashbacks, but no problems keeping my interest. Looks like it will be weekly availability for new ep., can't binge it all at once. I was completely unfamiliar with Emma Corrin, but she's carrying the lead role well.
2 episodes later and I'm barely hanging on. Very, very slowly developing story.

Reaction Score
I thought Madison Linz was outstanding in this season. I really like the way her character has developed.
I started out slowly on Bosch: Legacy but it quickly grew on me. This after ripping through Bosch 7 seasons in about a week. Really like this show. Unfortunately, I have watched all of Bosch: Legacy season 2 already. Love Bosch's attitude. But now I have to wait for season 3.

Reaction Score
The final season of Billions is really good. This show is nowhere near its peak, and the ending was just ok, but the final season was a lot of fun. It shouldn't be too hard to catch up either if you have missed a few seasons. I have used this analogy before with Billions, but this show is like the 38 year old former ace who is still a solid 4th starter in a rotation. This season was like that 4th starter going 13-6 with a 3.80 era. No longer ace material, but still impressive.

I recommend it.
Actually the last season was one of their best season. It is very hard for a series to right the ship after they went so far off course but wow, that last season was great! Congrats to the actors/writers.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I haven't watched any of the TV series Fargo previously. But my understanding is each season is stand alone, correct? Anyway I was curious so I'm trying the current season. Is the Minnesota accent like a dominant and recessive gene type of thing, some people have it and some don't? I'm finding that a bit distracting. Juno and the female cop are laying it on thick and most of the rest of the cast isn't bothering to try. Anyway I've watched 2 eps so I'm almost caught up. Juno Temple doesn't even look like herself as this character. Lamorne Morris not doing comedy, that's different.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Fargo season 6 has started out very strong
I didn't realize until I saw adds for season 6 that I completely missed season 5. Just finished S5, and while it was good I think it was my least favorite season of the series so far. I'll probably try to finish the original Justified series before going to Fargo S6...

Anyone watched the start of the new season of Slow Horses on Apple+?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I haven't watched any of the TV series Fargo previously. But my understanding is each season is stand alone, correct? Anyway I was curious so I'm trying the current season. Is the Minnesota accent like a dominant and recessive gene type of thing, some people have it and some don't? I'm finding that a bit distracting. Juno and the female cop are laying it on thick and most of the rest of the cast isn't bothering to try. Anyway I've watched 2 eps so I'm almost caught up. Juno Temple doesn't even look like herself as this character. Lamorne Morris not doing comedy, that's different.

Tread carefully, because most Fargo fans are big Fargo fans. Myself included.

My ranking of the seasons:

1) Season 2
2) Season 1
3) Season 4
4) Season 3

But I am flexible on that ranking other than Season 2.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Tread carefully, because most Fargo fans are big Fargo fans.
If I say something bad about it will they have me kidnapped by ruffians and thrown into a wood chipper?

Reaction Score
Season 1 and 2 were my favorites but season 6 has been good so far

I watched some of the early seasons but is it true that the more recent seasons like the current one are stand-alone so I could jump in without re-watching the entire series?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
If I say something bad about it will they have me kidnapped by ruffians and thrown into a wood chipper?

Watch all the seasons. The deaths are a lot more creative than that.

Reaction Score
I watched some of the early seasons but is it true that the more recent seasons like the current one are stand-alone so I could jump in without re-watching the entire series?
Yeah honestly, i've watched them so far apart that I forget a lot of the tie ins to the other seasons but they are enjoyable even to just watch as stand alone. I would really recommend the first season though.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
We just finished Welcome to Wrexham. I liked it very much, It was better than I thought it would be. They did a nice job with the story telling. And how soccer can kick you in the nuts. Wrexham just went to 2nd, with Notts just a point behind.

Reaction Score
Finished up The Haunting of Bly Manor today. I enjoyed it a bit more than Usher but nowhere near as much as Hill House. I liked it much more than Midnight Mass. Flanagan is solid a writer/director.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Just finished it. I'm a big WW2 watcher, this one was solid...and bonus, Hugh Laurie was in it!
Finished it last night. It was well done. That two Nazis were after the diamond for different reasons made this more than just a standard story. Also, I was wondering if the female lead was actually blind as I thought she gave an incredible performance. And I guess it's still incredible because it was really her first acting job. She is legally blind, but that's due to complete color-blindness, not complete loss of vision. Laurie and Ruffalo were also very good.

Reaction Score
I started watching 'Obliterated' on Netflix yesterday.

It is so legitimately over the top awful that it is actually......kind of good? Or at least....kind of amusing? Guy Ritchie is involved in the production which should give you an idea of the content. If you liked 'Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels' or 'Bullet Train' this is definitely something to check out.

Not for kids under the age of 16 though. At all.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I watched Blackberry on AMC. I think it is just a re-edited version of the movie that was released early this year, in a miniseries format. It is really good.

Reaction Score
I watched Blackberry on AMC. I think it is just a re-edited version of the movie that was released early this year, in a miniseries format. It is really good.
Yeah previews looked like it was just the movie. Movie was good

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Tread carefully, because most Fargo fans are big Fargo fans. Myself included.

My ranking of the seasons:

1) Season 2
2) Season 1
3) Season 4
4) Season 3

But I am flexible on that ranking other than Season 2.

Is the movie Fargo as predictable as it seems? I watched the first 1/2 hour and think I pretty much know exactly what's going to happen the rest of the movie.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it after having watched the series.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom