What are you binge watching? | Page 52 | The Boneyard

What are you binge watching?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Working my way thru "Happy Endings" again. I think this is the third time. I've tried rewatching similar shows like "The New Girl" and "How I Met Your Mother." I enjoy those for a little while, but then lose interest. I'm not sure why this one keeps working for me, but it does. All of the shows are full of completely zany characters who don't even remotely resemble real people.

Reaction Score
One of my friends finally got around to watching "Breaking Bad" and I rewatched seasons 4 and 5 so I could talk to him without spoilers. I had never rewatched any of it and really forgot just how great those seasons were. Mind blowing. I also rewatched "El Camino" and now will start "Better Call Saul" for the first time. Long story short, BB still holds up and then some.

Reaction Score
One of my friends finally got around to watching "Breaking Bad" and I rewatched seasons 4 and 5 so I could talk to him without spoilers. I had never rewatched any of it and really forgot just how great those seasons were. Mind blowing. I also rewatched "El Camino" and now will start "Better Call Saul" for the first time. Long story short, BB still holds up and then some.
Breaking Bad is one of my top 3 shows all time (GOT, The Wire, BB in some order). Better Call Saul might actually be even better the first time through

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Just finished season 2 of The Bear. It was very good. What a magnificently distinctions group.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Season 3 of Jack Ryan on Prime is better than Season 2 was. Michael Pena is new in an interesting non-comedy role, he adds a little something. I'm about halfway in, so it could still turn stupid, but it hasn't yet.

Reaction Score
Just started Season 2 of The Lincoln Lawyer on Netflix. It's based on the series of books by Michael Connelly, who also wrote the books that Bosch was based on. I thought Season 1 of Lincoln Lawyer was very good and the first two episodes of Season 2 are off to a good start.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Started watching Bupkis on Peacock. Pete Davidson plays himself and it's loosely based on his life with admitted embellishment. A pretty solid supporting cast too. Edie Falco, Joe Pesci, Bobby Cannavale and Brad Garrett to name a few. I'm not a huge fan of Davidson, but I did like the King of Staten Island and through four episodes, I am enjoying this as well.
Already paid for the month of Peacock, so decided to try this out. Like you, I'm 4 episodes in. I don't understand the appeal of Pete Davidson other than America's love for watching trainwrecks, but have to say, he's engaging. If any of this resembles his real life, he's one of the most naive humans alive. There's no meanness in his character, very likeable guy, but still, a nuclear accident on top of a trainwreck. I'm surprised Pesci came out of retirement for this, but he's totally on his game.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Based On A True Story is about the crime podcast industry, but it's not "Murders In the Building". It's much darker while still remaining a comedy. BOATS plot actually has the podcasters (a married couple played by Kaley Cuoco and Chris Messina) employ an actual serial killer. This is one of those shows that you kinda just have to roll with as there are too many plot holes and bizarre reactions to situations to count. Despite those flaws, Cuoco (especially), Messina and Tom Bateman (the serial killer) are eminently watchable. It's dumb entertainment. One big caution that turned a lot of viewers off - a minor character shoots a dog that Messina loves.

Reaction Score
Season 3 of Jack Ryan on Prime is better than Season 2 was. Michael Pena is new in an interesting non-comedy role, he adds a little something. I'm about halfway in, so it could still turn stupid, but it hasn't yet.
Season 4 I think you mean? I thought S3 was absolutely phenomenal! I love what he's done with the character, S1 I was like, oh that's just Jim from The Office... by S3 he owned the role. Pena is solid in S4, but the season feels rushed - like they just want to finish it off.

Definitely want to give The Lincoln Lawyer a shot, we LOVE Bosch.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
It’s easily one of the worst shows ever made. Totally panned by legions of people.

The emperor storyline was OK, but the other two were nonsensical garbage.
You normally have decent taste. I wonder what happened here.

I really liked it, and am looking forward to season 2. It is confusing, which undermines the show a bit, but like other really good shows, it doesn't cut corners just to make it more digestible for viewers.

Lee Pace is incredible as the Emperor that is the Supreme Leader of the galaxy, but also kind of a screw up. That is really hard to pull off. The Foundation storyline felt unfinished, but I think that was by design.

Reaction Score
I really liked it, and am looking forward to season 2. It is confusing, which undermines the show a bit, but like other really good shows, it doesn't cut corners just to make it more digestible for viewers.

Lee Pace is incredible as the Emperor that is the Supreme Leader of the galaxy, but also kind of a screw up. That is really hard to pull off. The Foundation storyline felt unfinished, but I think that was by design.

The Empire part was very good. But the difference in quality on the other two parts was jarring.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Just started Season 2 of The Lincoln Lawyer on Netflix. It's based on the series of books by Michael Connelly, who also wrote the books that Bosch was based on. I thought Season 1 of Lincoln Lawyer was very good and the first two episodes of Season 2 are off to a good start.

Season 4 I think you mean? I thought S3 was absolutely phenomenal! I love what he's done with the character, S1 I was like, oh that's just Jim from The Office... by S3 he owned the role. Pena is solid in S4, but the season feels rushed - like they just want to finish it off.

Definitely want to give The Lincoln Lawyer a shot, we LOVE Bosch.

Wife has gotten in to Lincoln Lawyer, I'm playing catch up.

Tried Season Four of Ryan Sunday morning but had some massive jet lag and will have to try again. Agree Michael Pena has been a real strong addition so far.

Reaction Score
It's total trash, but my wife's most recent binge is Selling Sunset. Sometimes, I'll pay attention and learn more about the drama, but as she and I are both architecture appreciators, some of the homes on that show are pretty spectacular.

Another show she just finished was Next in Fashion, which, for what it was, pretty entertaining.

Reaction Score
Wife has gotten in to Lincoln Lawyer, I'm playing catch up.

Tried Season Four of Ryan Sunday morning but had some massive jet lag and will have to try again. Agree Michael Pena has been a real strong addition so far.
Jack Ryan is definitely one of those shows you have to pay attention to, I watched an episode after taking gummies and hoooooooooooly cow did I ask my wife 9 million questions when we watched the next one!

We finished S4 last night, what a pleasure - but what a shame this is it. Michael Pena was an A+ addition.

I recommend Jack Ryan to everyone I know, we loved every second of it.

Reaction Score
Just started Suits on Netflix. The first 6 episodes of S1 are awesome.

There are 9 seasons, and I wonder how writers are going to keep fresh.

Nevertheless, I am pumped up.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Quickly blew through all of the episodes of Beef on Netflix. Starts with a road rage incident that continually escalates through 10 episodes :eek: I thought it was pretty entertaining, with a few surprises and many OMG moments (some good, some not so much).

Reaction Score
Jack Ryan is definitely one of those shows you have to pay attention to, I watched an episode after taking gummies and hoooooooooooly cow did I ask my wife 9 million questions when we watched the next one!

We finished S4 last night, what a pleasure - but what a shame this is it. Michael Pena was an A+ addition.

I recommend Jack Ryan to everyone I know, we loved every second of it.
We thoroughly enjoyed the entire series. Sucked that this final season was only 6 episodes.

I enjoyed seeing Michael Pena bring Ding Chavez into the show from the books! It has me wanting to go back and read some of the books.

Reaction Score
Just started Season 3 of Warrior on Max. For those not familiar with the series, it's primarily a martial arts action series that takes place in 1870's San Francisco. The plot is solid, but it's the well-choreographed fight scenes that make the show fun.

They introduce a new character in Season 3, played by Mark Dacascos. He's been around for a while, but I recognized him most as The Chairman on Iron Chef America. Apparently, he has a legitimate martial arts background, but I keep waiting for him to kick someone's ass and then yell, "Allez Cuisine!".

CL82

Reaction Score
We thoroughly enjoyed the entire series. Sucked that this final season was only 6 episodes.

I enjoyed seeing Michael Pena bring Ding Chavez into the show from the books! It has me wanting to go back and read some of the books.
That's interesting casting. Michael Penna is a good actor, but he doesn't match up to my image of Chavez at all. Then again, I thought Willem Dafoe was bad casting for John Clark.

Reaction Score
That's interesting casting. Michael Penna is a good actor, but he doesn't match up to my image of Chavez at all. Then again, I thought Willem Dafoe was bad casting for John Clark.
Willem Dafoe was horribly cast and so was Liev Shreiber in Sum of All Fears. I understand Michael B. Jordan will be the new Clark in an upcoming series. I don’t get it.

CL82

Reaction Score
Willem Dafoe was horribly cast and so was Liev Shreiber in Sum of All Fears. I understand Michael B. Jordan will be the new Clark in an upcoming series. I don’t get it.
I kind of get Michael B Jordan, in that at least he has the physicality for the role.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Oh but I think that’s why it works for me. Peña doesn’t look remotely deadly, dangerous or intimidating. He’s almost always comic relief in movies. So it fits for me as an undercover guy who wouldn’t be noticed.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Just started Season 3 of Warrior on Max. For those not familiar with the series, it's primarily a martial arts action series that takes place in 1870's San Francisco. The plot is solid, but it's the well-choreographed fight scenes that make the show fun.

They introduce a new character in Season 3, played by Mark Dacascos. He's been around for a while, but I recognized him most as The Chairman on Iron Chef America. Apparently, he has a legitimate martial arts background, but I keep waiting for him to kick someone's ass and then yell, "Allez Cuisine!".

This is a fun show that I came across last year.

Reaction Score
Late to the party, but “The Diplomat “ was great. Ending begs for more….,,,
The Diplomat - 2023
Keri Russell is excellent. I don't like having to wait for the next season, I'm used to binging several seasons at a time. Rufus Sewell and the rest of the cast are also very good.

"Premise: The series centers on Kate Wyler, the new United States ambassador to the United Kingdom, as she helps defuse international crises, forges strategic alliances, and adjusts to her new place in the spotlight. She also manages her deteriorating marriage to fellow career diplomat Hal Wyler."

Reaction Score
I started Breaking Bad some years ago and ended up leaving it in the middle of season 3 because the wife didn't care for it. I went back to it a few weeks ago from the beginning and ripped 4+ seasons. 16 episodes in Season 5 so I still have some work to do.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom