What are you binge watching? | Page 54 | The Boneyard

What are you binge watching?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I thought it ended very well. But the Zava stuff was a total dud. Awful.
And it went nowhere. It was basically a rehashing of a reoccurring plot line where star player and upcoming star have to reconcile differences. We saw with Roy and Jamie, then we saw it again with Jamie and Danny then we saw it again with Jamie and Zava. It seemed like they ran out of ideas.

(I thought there might be some kind of reconciliation in the end where Zava comes back and says something like "Zava knew the team had become too reliant on Zava's greatness so Zava left so that you could be reliant upon your own greatness" or something like that. Instead it was like OK so Zava's gone now.)

That said, the Zava giant avocado sight gag made me laugh.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Foyle‘s War sits with Band of Brothers as the greatest TV shows of all time.
I watch Band of Brothers at least 2-3 times a year. The entire cast is great.

Damien Lewis is excellent in it. I also love his way too short series Life and the character he plays, Charlie Crews. If you haven't seen it, look it up. Even though it doesn't make it a full 2 seasons, it actually sets up, tells and wraps a pretty entertaining story while offering a crime of the week and the solving of it.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Just started Righteous Gemstones. Love the humor, gratuitous violence and religious satire.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I started Season 2 of Foundation. First episode was so complicated. They really need to help you follow some of this stuff. Second episode was better. Lee Pace is a physical specimen, holy crap that guy is ripped. Jared Harris is a superb actor and the show suffers a bit when he or Pace aren’t in the scene. The female leads can’t carry the scenes very well, but there’s a new one that might.

2nd season is pretty good, although this is not something you can binge watch. I like the new characters, especially the sketchy Foundation Brothers.

Hari is a real bastard. It makes the show more interesting.

Reaction Score
The Warden and I just finished Season 1 of Better Call Saul last night. We are both liking it a lot and it is not what I expected at all. I'm digging all the back story on Mike and Slipping Jimmy.

Reaction Score
Late to the party, but I started the Peacemaker last night and enjoyed the first episode. Perfect level of "camp". John Cena cracks me up, and Robert Patrick is an all-time favorite for me.

Reaction Score
The Warden and I just finished Season 1 of Better Call Saul last night. We are both liking it a lot and it is not what I expected at all. I'm digging all the back story on Mike and Slipping Jimmy.
only gets better and better and by end joins conversation of best series ever...

Reaction Score
One that is worth binging is Beef on Netflix. IMO one of most underrated series that should be getting more acclaim. Top notch - only 30 min episodes that starts with simple premise - a road rage incident but turns out to be more about life in general. GREAT series.

CL82

Reaction Score
I finally finished the second season of the Mandalorian. I have to say, it was a pretty satisfying finish.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Winning Time (HBO) - Is Jason Segal getting worse as an actor, or was I just not paying attention before? His facial expressions are so ridiculous that it actually reflects badly on the editor and director for leaving them in.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I finally finished the second season of the Mandalorian. I have to say, it was a pretty satisfying finish.
The third season isn't really up to it unfortunately.

I started Ahsoka. Pleasantly surprised. As someone who watched Rebels, they absolutely nailed the casting. Dawson is good. Mary Elizabeth Winstead is a great fit as Hera Syndulla. Natasha Liu Bordizzo is truly perfect as Sabine Wren (and a knockout who will become a star). Ray Stevenson is good as a bad Jedi/Sith, but sadly he passed away. The buzz is around Ivanna Sakhno, the apprentice Jedi/Sith (and the first hot Sith Lord in Star Wars history). David Tenant makes everything better, even as a droid. Two episodes in, it's better than I expected. Not as good as Andor, but it's working from an existing backstory that Dave Filoni wrote, so he knows the characters.

CL82

Reaction Score
The third season isn't really up to it unfortunately.

I started Ahsoka. Pleasantly surprised. As someone who watched Rebels, they absolutely nailed the casting. Dawson is good. Mary Elizabeth Winstead is a great fit as Hera Syndulla. Natasha Liu Bordizzo is truly perfect as Sabine Wren (and a knockout who will become a star). Ray Stevenson is good as a bad Jedi/Sith, but sadly he passed away. The buzz is around Ivanna Sakhno, the apprentice Jedi/Sith (and the first hot Sith Lord in Star Wars history). David Tenant makes everything better, even as a droid. Two episodes in, it's better than I expected. Not as good as Andor, but it's working from an existing backstory that Dave Filoni wrote, so he knows the characters.
Thanks, I was debating whether to start this or Bobba Fett. I'll go with Ahsoka.

For what it's worth I watched the first couple episodes of Andor and went "meh." it wasn't bad, but it wasn't all that good either.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Thanks, I was debating whether to start this or Bobba Fett. I'll go with Ahsoka.

For what it's worth I watched the first couple episodes of Andor and went "meh." it wasn't bad, but it wasn't all that good either.
It gets much better as it goes. Ahsoka is definitely better than Bobba Fett was.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Just started Suits on Netflix. The first 6 episodes of S1 are awesome.

There are 9 seasons, and I wonder how writers are going to keep fresh.

Nevertheless, I am pumped up.
I was wondering the same thing. I'm 7 episodes into the 2nd season, and it's still really good (I'm sure it's ridiculous if you're a lawyer, but very entertaining)

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Natasha Liu Bordizzo is truly perfect as Sabine Wren (and a knockout who will become a star).
I've seen her in a few things over the years, been a fan for a while now.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
As an addendum to the above, I'm always getting Natasha mixed up with Jessica Henwick. About the same age, both biracial with some Chinese heritage. One from UK and one from Australia, but both often portray Americans in their roles.

Reaction Score
Telemarketers on HBO. Only three episodes, loved it. There's an unlikely hero while the cops and politicians continue to let us down...

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Started Painkillers. It‘s a fictionalized version of the true story of Purdue Pharma and OcyContin. Was recommended to us. I’m only one episode in, it’s well done but not “must watch” interesting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TonyClifton

Top Bottom