What are you binge watching? | Page 14 | The Boneyard

What are you binge watching?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I'm watching old episodes of Kevin Pollak's Chat Show. His staff can be annoying at times, but as most of the shows are 1:45-2:00 with a single guest and Pollak works from well researched notes, the interviews can be quite compelling and bring out stuff you've never known. And the Larry King game at the end has some great takes.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Sharing an epic twitter thread as some woman live tweets her binge watching of Ted Lasso. Brings it all back a bit while we wait for season 2.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I’m not watching it now, but the most recent series of Alone was really good. I’m pretty sure you can get it off the history channel website. But it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s on Hulu and other places as well.

The premise is a bunch of people go off into the Arctic to see who can survive some set amount of time. It maybe short like 90 days. The interesting part is the various decisions that each make on their way to trying to survive. Do they fish? Do they trap? Do they hunt? Do they prioritize shelter or getting food. How did they deal with being alone? It wears on them all in different ways.

The conditions are extreme enough that small decisions can be costly. Hungry so you don’t quite cook your food enough? One bad case of diarrhea can be enough to dehydrate you and take you out. Make a mistake and get frostbite, your days are numbered. Put a fireplace in your shelter but don’t fireproof the surrounding area….

It’s a pretty good watch.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Season 4 of "Atypical" drops on Netflix in early July, I'll definitely be watching that.

Reaction Score
Just watched all 8 episodes of Sweet Tooth today with my nephew. Didn’t know what to make of it but really liked it. Odd story about a virus and kids born “hybrid” half human half animal. I searched here and didn’t see it mentioned. Anyone else catch this yet?

Reaction Score
I don’t binge watch. But I liked Mythic Quest and Physical on Apple.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Hacks on HBO Max. This is really good, with one exception. There is a Devil Wears Prada vibe to it with the clever young aspiring writer and the aging female comedy legend that treats her like garbage and everyone is terrified of. It plays on a lot of the same themes of sexism and generational mismatch, but Hacks has a fresh take on it. Kaitlin Olson (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) is really good as Jean Smart's daughter.

My only complaint is the lead actress for the show, Hannah Einbinder, isn't great. I can't tell if she is acting this way deliberately or she just has a lot of nervous ticks. She isn't bad enough to derail the show, but she is a little distracting.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Soon I will be binge watching Shark Week episodes. Starts next Sunday.

CL82

Reaction Score
I don’t binge watch. But I liked Mythic Quest and Physical on Apple.
Trying looks good on Apple. I've been think about starting that one.

I'm looking forward to July 23 and start of the new Ted Lasso season. I'm on the fence about Foundation. I will definitely give it a look.

Reaction Score
Trying looks good on Apple. I've been think about starting that one.

I'm looking forward to July 23 and start of the new Ted Lasso season. I'm on the fence about Foundation. I will definitely give it a look.

Apple is kind of kicking butt here.

I don’t know much about Foundation. I just know that I tried listening to the first book on audio and I stopped because I got bored.

The cast looks great though.

CL82

Reaction Score
Apple is kind of kicking butt here.

I don’t know much about Foundation. I just know that I tried listening to the first book on audio and I stopped because I got bored.

The cast looks great though.
Foundation is one of those books that builds. The earliest stuff is the driest. I don’t know for sure, but I think this is actually going to be started with the prequel book, which is chronologically earliest but the last written. I’ve never read it.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Criminal minds. Still can't understand whose the boss.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Criminal minds. Still can't understand whose the boss.

My daughter and her friends (recent HS grads) are all watching it. It's apparently a thing.

Reaction Score
We just finished Season 7 of "Bosch", great ending! I guess the new series is starting on IMDB next year. Love the show, perfect casting.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
A few episodes into Season 4 of Atypical. Falling pretty flat, not sure what went wrong.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Watched 6 out of 10 episodes of Atypical, giving up on it. Don't know if the show has different writers or what, but this season sucks.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
We just finished Season 7 of "Bosch", great ending! I guess the new series is starting on IMDB next year. Love the show, perfect casting.

That's funny, we're watching Lost right now and the guy that plays Bosch is one of the main characters in the last season.

CL82

Reaction Score
I started Trying on Apple+ last night. Trying to get pregnant to trying to adopt. It was OK. Not quite enough for me to say I am definitely watching and not quite bad enough for me to say I’m not interested. I will give it another episode two.

Reaction Score
I started Trying on Apple+ last night. Trying to get pregnant to trying to adopt. It was OK. Not quite enough for me to say I am definitely watching and not quite bad enough for me to say I’m not interested. I will give it another episode two.
I find that all Apple series start off pretty routine and the longer the season goes, the more layers they let you see. With that topic to build a show around, I would have to believe it gets pretty deep.

CL82

Reaction Score
I find that all Apple series start off pretty routine and the longer the season goes, the more layers they let you see. With that topic to build a show around, I would have to believe it gets pretty deep.
I'll let you know.

FWIW, I may be giving up too early on some of the others I've watched. I will say that 100% true with Ted Lasso.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Tad Lasso season 2 can't possibly be as good, can it? I trust the creators but season 1 was such a home run. Mrs. Maisel has gotten incrementally less fun, as a comparison.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Started a couple of new things.

Lilyhammer: missed this the first time. Steven Van Zandt is, as always, a mob guy from New Jersey. He goes into witness protection, and because he was a fan of the winter Olympics, requests Lillehammer, Norway. So far it is quite fun and funny.

Started this as well. Age of Samurai: Battle for Japan | Netflix Official Site First Episode was good.

I'm also enjoying the Komisky Method. Think I forgot that one. The cast is staggering. It's like every Hollywood star from the 80's-90s wanted to be in it.

Reaction Score
We watched the first 2 episodes of "White Lotus" on HBO... Utterly ridiculous show about awful awful people. However, the sights are delightful... Alexandra Daddario and Sidney Sweeney... oh yeah and Hawaii too...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom