What are you binge watching? | Page 9 | The Boneyard

What are you binge watching?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I binged "Hunters" over last three days. Weird in both good and bad ways - and the bad were both campy and disconcerting. I don't know if a S2 can be as compelling w/o Pacino. Not sure I'd tune in for it.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I just signed up for a free trial of Amazon Prime. I've been missing out. I blew thru The Boys in one night. Now I'm on to The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. Rachel Brosnahan as the lead is great, and then you've got Tony Shalhoub and Kevin Pollak as the dueling father and father in law, what could be better?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I just signed up for a free trial of Amazon Prime. I've been missing out. I blew thru The Boys in one night. Now I'm on to The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. Rachel Brosnahan as the lead is great, and then you've got Tony Shalhoub and Kevin Pollak as the dueling father and father in law, what could be better?
I really got hooked on that show awhile back, watching all 3 seasons in short order. The rapid fire dialogue is hilarious. Can’t wait for season 4, which was in production, although probably delayed now due to the virus.

Reaction Score
Hulu has made a series based on the 2000 movie High Fidelity that starred John Cusak, Jack Black, Lisa Bonet and Catherine Zeta Jones.

Zoe Kravitz now owns Cusak's New York record store (and possibly his apartment?) and the show follows similar plotlines. Friendships, broken relationships, top 5 lists and lots of good music. Some burst out loud lines from Da'Vine Joy Randolph who plays Zoe's friend. Three episodes in and I'm enjoying it.

This was really good. HF along with the amazing Normal People made me pay for the ad free Hulu. Currently enjoying The Great on Hulu too.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I just started Killing Eve. So far it is interesting.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I just started Killing Eve. So far it is interesting.

I loved it at first. IMO it's gone steadily downhill. I barely made it thru season 3.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I loved it at first. IMO it's gone steadily downhill. I barely made it thru season 3.
First two seasons were must watch. Now, in season 3, I'm okay missing the show on Sunday night and catching up whenever.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Yellowstone, season 2.

Anticipating Season 3 coming soon.

Reaction Score
I just finished the two seasons made of a British show called, Life on Mars. Premise is a police detective in 2006 is hit by a car and wakes up in 1973. He's still a detective, but everything else is changed. He's not sure if he's crazy or living in a coma-induced dream and is not sure how to return on 2006. They did a US version of this show a few years back that starred Harvey Keitel, Michael Imperiolli and Gretchen Mol that I also enjoyed. The US version was only one season long.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
First two seasons were must watch. Now, in season 3, I'm okay missing the show on Sunday night and catching up whenever.
Just up to
Bill's death.
I have to say there are a ton of WTH moments. I like the unpredictability but I can see how that would be hard to sustain.

Reaction Score
just finished 30 episodes of Ozark. The only redeeming character was the baby being swapped around.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I'm on season 4 of Money Heist now. It's pretty entertaining but nowhere close to a reality.

I've binge watched so much stuff the past 2.5 months.... still more to go.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I'm thru season 1 of Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and on to season 2 now. Stayed high quality throughout. It's hilarious, but it also sneaks up on you and brings a little tear to your eye at times.

I had barely seen Rachel Brosnahan before this. I looked up a few interviews with her, she so completely inhabits her role as Midge that it made me wonder "Why is Midge pretending to be this person named Rachel?" I guess that's why they call it acting, but not everybody can do it that well.

edit--one little thing though...I wasn't alive in the 50s, but I have a hard time believing people used such salty language then.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
edit--one little thing though...I wasn't alive in the 50s, but I have a hard time believing people used such salty language then.
Have you seen Deadwood?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Have you seen Deadwood?

I haven't. Of the three series I've been watching on Amazon, all three feature fairly salty language.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Not a "binge", but as I was looking on Amazon for something to binge, came across "The Vast of Night". I wasn't sure it would be my thing, but as it was a one-off, I figured why not.

What a waste of 90 minutes. This movie will appeal to a very select demographic - those who like watching short young women in Catholic school garb running on their stubby legs.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Taking a little break after Season 2 of Mrs. Maisel. I looked thru a bunch of the stuff available from Amazon. I've heard a lot of good things about "Fleabag." Hmm. 8 straight minutes of uncomfortable to start with, I put it back on the shelf. Maybe I'll try again later. I tried "Awkward." instead, enjoying that thru several episodes.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Binged "Alpha House" over the weekend. Had no idea it existed - was Amazon's first original series. I enjoyed it and wish it had a third season to tie up all the storylines. John Goodman and Clark Johnson were excellent.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I've been dabbling with several series. I really lost steam on Mrs. Maisel after the first season.

I'm only 3 episodes in, but I'm really liking Mozart in the Jungle. I've been a big fan of Lola Kirke for quite a while. She's great, some other strong performances from other cast members.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
It might've been mentioned previously, but I've started on "The Kicks," an Amazon Prime original. It's about a middle school girls soccer team. While I'm sure it's designed to appeal to a younger audience, it is completely without the usual goofiness or silliness those types of shows usually include. Thus it's palatable to all ages I would think. A family relocates from Connecticut to California, the daughter is a stud soccer player. Her old team was really good, her new team not so much. Whole family is of course going thru trying to fit in in a new place. It's well done. The team is struggling to be taken seriously and given equal access to facilities as the boys team, so it's grounded in the reality of women's sports.

edit--It's based on a story by Alex Morgan, and Alex had a cameo in an episode. Also it's pretty much a case of art imitating life with the lead actress, Sixx Orange. She's a soccer player, and had relocated from Annapolis, MD to California only months before auditioning for the role.

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I can't recommend the series "Marchella" enough. Fine acting, a complex character and very good story lines. Also the first and second seasons of "Goliath", another very fine show.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom