What are you binge watching? | Page 8 | The Boneyard

What are you binge watching?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Watched McMillions, which is fun and funny at times. But got a little boring and repetitive at the end.

Just started Dublin Murders, which is excellent so far. Weird and complex.

I think Starz has lots of binge worthy shows, Outlander (brutal final episode this season), Black Sails, The White Queen.

Altered Carbon, I liked first season, not a fan of the second.

I quite enjoyed The 100, which is now done and won't continue. Have a minor crush on Eliza Taylor though so...

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
After watching Season 1 of Yellowstone we tapped out after Season 2 opener. Not sure why.

Sunday saw us kind of fatigued after 3 so we binged on the Yellowstone Season 1 Fest and are back into it. Will start up Season 2 soon before the June debut of Season 3.

Great job by Costner in this. And other great performances by the actors who are his kids.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Just started season four of The Wire last night after finishing season three over the weekend. Really loving this show and the many little subtleties in it.

Reaction Score
Tried Future Man, kinda goofy.

I enjoyed Future Man. I liked that they seem self-aware of the various sci-fi tropes that they copy. Some genuine laugh-out-loud moments for me. Season 2 dragged a bit, but nice comeback in Season 3. Sorry to see the show end.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Some genuine laugh-out-loud moments for me.

I did get some chuckles. Tiger and Wolf are just so brutal and in kill everything mode, whether there is any good reason for it or not. At least in that first episode. I'm a fan of Eliza Coupe, I'll probably give it another try.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Okay, Future Man is definitely growing on me. The James Cameron episode was hilarious. I've probably missed quite a few references, but the blatantly obvious like Back to the Future when he moon dances during the dance battle at a party or the detective that sounds exactly like Jack Nicholson from A Few Good Men and keeps saying Santiago, I got those.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Not binge watching but keeping up and watching Survivor for first time ever.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I tried Belgravia, but it's just too slow for me. Ella Purnell and Alice Eve couldn't save it.

Switched to another series featuring Miss Purnell--Sweetbitter. It's a maybe after several episodes.

I got thru season 1 of Future Man.

Reaction Score
After seeing Carmen Electra on "The Last Dance" a few weeks ago, I guess there is something to be said about HIGH QUALITY plastic surgery

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I've tried quite a few shows this week, and gave up on most of them. Got part way thru a season of Sweetbitter and His Dark Materials, but they weren't grabbing me. I wasn't even planning on it, but decided to try an episode of The Handmaid's Tale. One episode probably isn't enough to judge by, but I probably won't try anymore of that. Watched a couple episodes of an animated Harley Quinn series. It's pretty zany, but entertaining anyway. I don't know if it's edited when it airs on tv, but watching it on demand there was plenty of swearing and lots of blood and shattered bones. I'm giving The White Princess a try, pretty much exclusively because Jodie Comer is in it. It's decent. Her relatives suck though. Her mother in law is the worst, her mother isn't much better and her oldest sister is pretty awful too.

I didn't want to bother with any shows that were 5 or more seasons, I wasn't gonna get thru that in a week.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Watched several more eps. of Harley Quinn. I'm enjoying it. It's goofy like a kids cartoons, but much of the content definitely is not kid friendly. Boils down to mostly a buddy comedy w/ Harley and Poison Ivy. Good voice work by Kaley Cuoco (sounds like she's channeling Sarah Silverman from Wreck It Ralph or something) and the under appreciated Lake Bell. And Ivy's overgrown plant Frank (seems like a fairly obvious rip off of Audrey from Little Shop of Horrors) is pretty funny.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
The White Princess dragged towards the end. Probably 8 episodes was a couple too many, could've streamlined this a bit more to make it more compelling. Enjoyed Jodie Comer's performance anyway.

Reaction Score
Anybody watching Dead To Me on Netflix? I'm binge watching it because I literally can't stop watching --it is so good. And Christina Applegate growed up real nice.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I just starred chuck based on recommendations based on my favorite tv shows.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Anybody watching Dead To Me on Netflix? I'm binge watching it because I literally can't stop watching --it is so good. And Christina Applegate growed up real nice.
It’s a great show. Only made greater by how easy on the eyes both lead actresses are.

Reaction Score
Hulu has made a series based on the 2000 movie High Fidelity that starred John Cusak, Jack Black, Lisa Bonet and Catherine Zeta Jones.

Zoe Kravitz now owns Cusak's New York record store (and possibly his apartment?) and the show follows similar plotlines. Friendships, broken relationships, top 5 lists and lots of good music. Some burst out loud lines from Da'Vine Joy Randolph who plays Zoe's friend. Three episodes in and I'm enjoying it.

Reaction Score
We gave up Showtime for Starz just before the Starz series Black Sails started. (That was a great series by the way) As a result, we never saw Homeland. It is offered on both Amazon Prime & Hulu, but there's a catch. On Prime only the premier episode is free, then one has to subscribe to watch further. On Hulu it is free, but there are commercials inserted every 7 minutes. We're watching on Hulu, but the commercial frequency is annoying. Thankfully , it's a great show.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom