What are you binge watching? | Page 7 | The Boneyard

What are you binge watching?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Did you even meet Simon?

I honestly can't remember. I was watching it when it originally aired on TV, that's been quite a few years.

I was scanning thru the cast list on imdb, there's ton of recognizable names to me that had at least short arcs on the show or were a one episode one off.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I honestly can't remember. I was watching it when it originally aired on TV, that's been quite a few years.

I was scanning thru the cast list on imdb, there's ton of recognizable names to me that had at least short arcs on the show or were a one episode one off.

Fair enough.

But yeah if you don’t know which organization Burned him and why, I can see why you’d think that.

You get a lot of answers in season 4.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Fair enough.

But yeah if you don’t know which organization Burned him and why, I can see why you’d think that.

You get a lot of answers in season 4.

I think I saw it's available on demand on XFinity when I was looking for stuff to watch recently. Maybe I'll give it a try. Probably start from the beginning since it's been so long ago. The last thing I really remember was Tricia Helfer being a major character, but then that plot line dead ended I think?

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I think I saw it's available on demand on XFinity when I was looking for stuff to watch recently. Maybe I'll give it a try. Probably start from the beginning since it's been so long ago. The last thing I really remember was Tricia Helfer being a major character, but then that plot line dead ended I think?

Damn. That’s season 2.

You really gotta dive in.

It doesn’t dead end. It does cause one change though heading into season 3.

What they divulge is all very fragmented though. Really need to pay attention and watch all the way through

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Ok...never watched Mad Men...but everyone says I would love it. Does it stand up well? Worth the time investment?

Mad Men = Best television show ever made.

The only qualifier I would make is the first couple of episodes are a little tough to get through, then it becomes awesome.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Thank you! I think it's godawful.. Drives me nuts that it has become so popular.

I think Brockmire is good, not great. My problem with it is that I just don't like Amanda Peet in anything. I think she is a crappy actress and totally unbelievable in every role she has ever been in.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Just got HBO. Tried Barry...meh. Tried Vice Principals...meh.

Now trying Big Little Lies. Liking it.

On my own I'll fit in The Wire.

On HBO:

Chernobyl - one of the best miniseries ever made.

Boardwalk Empire - I didn't love the last season, but otherwise this was a great show. The only quibble for me is that I like Steve Buscemi as an actor, but I think he was wrong for the lead.

Big Love - The first few seasons of this show are awesome. Harry Dean Stanton's Roman Grant is in the pantheon of all time TV villains.

Entourage - mindless fun that is a little offensive in the post metoo world but still fun. Lots of cameos. Bob Saget has a recurring role playing himself which is just awesome.

Silicon Valley - brilliant

The Brink - really good show that got cancelled because they couldn't coordinate a second season with the cast.

VEEP - excellent

Reaction Score
VEEP was so good, the Jonah character is an all-timer

Agree that Buscemi was not the best fit for the lead role. Absolutely love that time period.

temery

What?
Reaction Score

Agree that Buscemi was not the best fit for the lead role. Absolutely love that time period.

Veep season four was the best I've seen. I still think there should be a spin off with Jonah and Richard Splett.

Reaction Score
Veep season four was the best I've seen. I still think there should be a spin off with Jonah and Richard Splett.
I know this is a prejudiced way to looks at things. JLD is an extremely wealthy woman who uses acting as a hobby, a plaything. She should be running a foundation or making a meaningful contribution. That's all I can think about when she is on-screen. Go do something useful. Why are you wasting your time learning lines for TV? Go cure cancer.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

It is basically impossible to have a bad scene with those two. Jonah's campaign for Congress is incredible.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

If there was a separate all-time TV category for "Final Season Cast Addition that Turned out Awesome", Jonah's wife would be at the top of the list. Re-watch a few episodes of the last season and just watch her. She is hilarious.

Reaction Score
Succession is another one, in line with Billions that does nothing for me. Again, super popular, but just can't do it. My problem with Billions is that he's just a terrible actor. He was Brody on Homeland and I just can't take him serious in anything else.

Reaction Score
I watched Billions first and he's only Axe to me. He's a good actor

Reaction Score
Mad Men = Best television show ever made.

The only qualifier I would make is the first couple of episodes are a little tough to get through, then it becomes awesome.

Mad Men is the smoothest show you'll watch

Reaction Score
Halfway through the 10 episodes of "The Morning Show" on Apple TV. I have Apple Music and get a free year of Apple TV. Really good so far.

Basically, it's the Today show when Matt Lauer got fired for sexual harrassment. Steve Carrell plays the Lauer role. Jennifer Aniston (still hot) and Reese Witherspoon are the other leads. Shot kind of in the style of The West Wing? Well worth the time and very slick.

Reaction Score
Jennifer Aniston is a witch, how is she is an absolute scorcher at FIFTY ONE..?

FIFTY ONE.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
HBO, Epix, Starz, Cinemax and Hulu all have a bunch of free stuff thru XFinity/Comcast all week. Chance to do some binging.

I'm sampling for starters. Tried Future Man, kinda goofy. Another episode of His Dark Materials. Tried a couple episodes of Belgravia. I mostly was interested in it because Ella Purnell is in the cast. Took most of the way thru Ep. 2 for her to show up.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
HBO, Epix, Starz, Cinemax and Hulu all have a bunch of free stuff thru XFinity/Comcast all week. Chance to do some binging.

You can get a free month of SHO if you buy three packs of Twizzlers and send them a photo of your receipt. That's how desperate I've gotten ;-)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom