What are you binge watching? | Page 37 | The Boneyard

What are you binge watching?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So some station randomly had a Firefly marathon and I recorded them all. It’s only been a couple of years since I first watched the show, but I found that I am enjoying the rewatch and picking up a little more subtleties the second time around. Apparently, Disney is going to start up the series again. I fully expect them to Disneyfy and ruin it.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I am 5 episodes into Industry on HBOMax. Good, not great, but with potential. The show does a really good job at getting the vibe of a big investment bank. All the senior bankers are awful people, making them totally believable. Ken Leung is fantastic as the Head of the Trading Desk.

There is a lot of skin for a show about England's version of Wall Street, which is a little weird. There are a couple of scenes that go right up to the line of NC-17.

A few minor complaints:

The main character Harper is a bit too much of a lying B that screws up at high speed to be realistic. Literally any analyst that has ever worked on a trading floor would be fired for the screw up she did in Episode 1.4, especially if it happened that early in her career.

There are two or three tall blond guys that I can not tell apart so it is hard to follow their respective plotlines.

Industry is a little too GenZ for me, so I think I am dropping it. The plot is getting increasingly unrealistic, and the antics of the analysts are getting increasingly ridiculous. Some kid smashes himself into a glass wall, twice? That wasn't even the stupidest thing that happened in the last two episodes. The scene where Eric locks Hunter in a conference room was bad enough. I was hoping the show would just move on from that stupid scene, but it becomes a huge turning point for the whole first season, so I am out.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Watching Dark Winds on AMCPlus. It isn't bad, but it is not nearly as good as I expected it to be based on the IMDB ratings. I am halfway through it, and it is good enough to finish, but it is just a by-the-numbers cop show, with the wrinkle of putting it on a Navajo reservation, which makes it a little different, but it could have been a lot better. The good guys are too good and the villains are too obviously evil. Seems like a missed opportunity.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
New series, The Serpent Queen. Starz. Watch The Serpent Queen Online: Stream Full Series on STARZ - Free Trial This has been interesting so far. Don't want any spoilers as there are some interesting developments in how this story is told to the audience. It's the story of Catherine de' Medici, Queen of France in the 16th century. Shows some promise, and I am sure they will depart from the historical account in ways that add intrigue and interest.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
New series, The Serpent Queen. Starz. Watch The Serpent Queen Online: Stream Full Series on STARZ - Free Trial This has been interesting so far. Don't want any spoilers as there are some interesting developments in how this story is told to the audience. It's the story of Catherine de' Medici, Queen of France in the 16th century. Shows some promise, and I am sure they will depart from the historical account in ways that add intrigue and interest.
Isn't this their fourth miniseries about a queen? I watched the one with Jodie Comer, I believe that was The White Queen.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Isn't this their fourth miniseries about a queen? I watched the one with Jodie Comer, I believe that was The White Queen.
Yes, I watched the White Queen and The White Princess. Rebecca Ferguson was :cool: [we need a fire emoji] in the White Queen. I did not watch the Spanish Princess. All three were based on "historical fiction" novels by Philippa Gregory.

This is based on the 2004 non-fiction book Catherine de Medici: Renaissance Queen of France by Leonie Frieda. So it's definitely different than those.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Anybody start watching Andor? First two episodes are pretty slow and go nowhere. Third episode pulls it together and we now have a story. Should have been one long pilot episode. Nice to see Stellan Skarsgard. I actually think these side stories within the Star Wars universe have a lot of potential. This is a spin off of Rogue One which the first movie with no real direct connection to the cast of the original movies. Have evidently seen Adria Arjona in several things but I never really noticed her like I do in this one.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
This Dahmer guy seems like a real weirdo.
I haven't seen anything Molly Ringwald has done in the past 20 years. She looks pretty good at 54. even dressed as a conservative 80s housewife. Had no idea who it was until I looked up the cast.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Dahmer ended up being about the most boring series I've streamed this year. Richard Jenkins was good, and the dude who played Jesse Jackson should be the only guy to ever play Jesse Jackson going forward. But other than that, it was a dull slog.

And I blame the biological mother.

Reaction Score
Dahmer ended up being about the most boring series I've streamed this year. Richard Jenkins was good, and the dude who played Jesse Jackson should be the only guy to ever play Jesse Jackson going forward. But other than that, it was a dull slog.

Not enough beer drinking?

Reaction Score

I actually really enjoyed it but I get the feeling it dragged on. Evan Peters did a good job playing Dahmer. It felt like old school AHS and not the newer dumb seasons Ryan Murphy seems to pump out

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
The Undeclared War. Peacock (free with ads). Simon Pegg and Mark Rylance are the names you know but the young cast around them is really good. This is the most fascinating show I’ve seen in some time. It has elements of 24, with unknown attacks looming, but also a bit of Sherlock and quite a lot of frank discussion of social media driven propaganda. It’s very illuminating and very timely. Just a gripping and very well executed show. There are few things I’ve enjoyed more in recent years.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I just found out about Abbott Elementary and semi-binged the first season on Hulu over the past week. Thumbs up.

If you liked The Office and Parks & Rec, you'll like Abbott.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
I just binged Only Murders in the Building on Hulu. One of my favorite shows in a while. Great writing and great cast (Steve Martin, Martin Short, Selena Gomez). Its a drama featuring some eccentric characters, but loved it an can't wait for season 3! Sort of like a tv version of Knives Out - if you like murder mysteries you'll like this one.

Reaction Score
First episode of The Patient (Hulu) was promising.
My wife had been watching this over the last week. I binge-watched the first 7 episodes last night.

I thought it was very very entertaining. Steve Carrell plays a therapist who takes on an interesting new patient. Won't say anything more here as it will spoil the progression of the storyline. A little more detail in the spoiler below:

The patient kidnaps Carrell, holds him hostage, and reveals that he's a serial killer who wants to stop. Carrell must find a way to provide therapy to stop him from killing more victims as well as Carrell himself

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Just got Prime again. Breezed thru Reacher. A couple episodes into The Terminal List, will definitely continue with that. You have to buy episodes to continue, but I was able to watch 2 free episodes of Yellowjackets. Not sure about that one. Several actresses I really like. It's split between 2 time frames--when the characters were all in high school playing on a soccer team, and then 20ish years later? While on a flight to a national tournament they crashed and some of them survived over a year in the wilderness. Some stuff went down. Only a brief glimpse of it so far, but it got pretty Lord of the Flies, with maybe some Blair Witch or something weird like that thrown in. I'm still kinda curious to see what happened to the crash survivors (not everybody who initially survived made it out of the woods...), but the modern stuff is so dull, I ended up fast forwarding most of it.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
As a little aside, Taylor Kitsch struck out when Hollywood tried to turn him into the next hunky leading man (Battleship, John Carter of Mars). Ever since then he's been killing it in supporting roles. He's in The Terminal List.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
jeeves and wooster. we're up to the season (3) where bertie comes to America.
This is an all time great show. Unfortunately, no closed captions, so it's tough for me. For people introduced to Hugh Laurie via House it couldn't be more different.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
The Undeclared War. Peacock (free with ads). Simon Pegg and Mark Rylance are the names you know but the young cast around them is really good. This is the most fascinating show I’ve seen in some time. It has elements of 24, with unknown attacks looming, but also a bit of Sherlock and quite a lot of frank discussion of social media driven propaganda. It’s very illuminating and very timely. Just a gripping and very well executed show. There are few things I’ve enjoyed more in recent years.

Finished the first season, which is only 6 episodes. We went back for more, not realizing it was done. It has been renewed. It's riveting, with a lot of fairly neutral social/political commentary, and a look at how we are vulnerable to cyber attacks and media manipulation.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Reboot (Hulu) - is awesome. Will get nominated for every award at the next Emmys. Just watch it.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Reboot (Hulu) - is awesome. Will get nominated for every award at the next Emmys. Just watch it.
Loved the 1st episode. Might've set a bar too high, like Brockmire did. I'm three episodes in and finding i can stay ahead of the jokes, which to me means it's a bit too predictable. I'll keep going though.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

Loved the 1st episode. Might've set a bar too high, like Brockmire did. I'm three episodes in and finding i can stay ahead of the jokes, which to me means it's a bit too predictable. I'll keep going though.

I spoke too soon. The 2nd half of E3 with the old Jewish comedy writers trying to explain a specific sex act was comedy gold.

I'll add that I'm really happy to see Judy Greer in a featured comedic role instead of the usual "friend" roles she gets. Been a fan of her comedic chops for a long time.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom