What are you binge watching? | Page 36 | The Boneyard

What are you binge watching?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Season finale of The Orville was quite anticlimactic after the penultimate ep. Was kind of an interesting call back to an episode from Season 1 I had forgotten about. Also nice to see a quick cameo appearance from Halston Sage.
Just watched Ep 8. Midnight Blue. Kinda bummed that Klyden is back. Adrienne Palicki is really an astonishing physical being of the female sex. She and Bortus were about to set sail. The Union is burning through allies but perhaps can neutralize the Kaylon threat themselves. Repairing ligament damage in two minutes would benefit Paige Buekers for sure.

Haston Sage back next episode makes me happy.

Reaction Score
Godless
I just found it and watched 2.5 episodes. Jeff Daniels, Sam Waterston, Michele Dockery, Thomas Brodie
So far very entertaining and not your typical western. The main character is a young lad by the name of Jack O'Connell. The villain is horrid. A lady wears the pants. It's very intriguing so far.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Godless
I just found it and watched 2.5 episodes. Jeff Daniels, Sam Waterston, Michele Dockery, Thomas Brodie
So far very entertaining and not your typical western. The main character is a young lad by the name of Jack O'Connell. The villain is horrid. A lady wears the pants. It's very intriguing so far.
Surprised it didn't get renewed, it was good. The Merritt Weaver character was particularly good, iirc.

Reaction Score
Trainwreck: Woodstock '99 on Netflix

We watched the first two of the three episode documentary last night. Very well made and I especially liked the variety of interviewees from producers including original Woodstock producer and '99 producer Michael Lang, to PAs, to MTV VJs. to security team to attendees.

Lots of raw footage and the documentary did a good job replicating the visceral energy onto the screen. After two episodes, I needed a break (not in a bad way) and switched to something more end-of-the-night appropriate. I'll probably finish it tonight.

Reaction Score
Surprised it didn't get renewed, it was good. The Merritt Weaver character was particularly good, iirc.
Godless - I just fished it and I think all the characters were excellent. It was a miniseries so I don't think there were plans for more than one season but it was excellent. There were definitely some events which went completely diffferently than I was expecting.

Reaction Score

We watched the first two of the three episode documentary last night. Very well made and I especially liked the variety of interviewees from producers including original Woodstock producer and '99 producer Michael Lang, to PAs, to MTV VJs. to security team to attendees.

Lots of raw footage and the documentary did a good job replicating the visceral energy onto the screen. After two episodes, I needed a break (not in a bad way) and switched to something more end-of-the-night appropriate. I'll probably finish it tonight.
That was absolutely unreal. Also check out Woodstock 99: Peace Love and Rage on HBO Max. I saw it a while ago and I am going to rewatch it while Trainwreck is fresh in my mind.

Reaction Score
I just saw that HBO Max cancelled 'Raised by Wolves'. Are they out of their freaking minds? And 'Industry' gets renewed?

What a bunch of morons over there.

Reaction Score
Shooter
checked it out last night and it starts off just like the movie. I've read it ran for 3 seasons and then cancelled. Is it worth binging?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Watched it last night.

I honestly don't think I would remember that festival on my own. Definitely would need something to jar my memory.

Everything that went wrong was 100% predictable and most of it was preventable.

The two old beezin's who were the promoters are straight up con men with their lack of introspection on camera.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I just saw that HBO Max cancelled 'Raised by Wolves'. Are they out of their freaking minds? And 'Industry' gets renewed?

What a bunch of morons over there.
No kidding. Have you read about the situation? New owners cancelling a bunch of stuff to make room for the Magnolia network.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
iZombie is on Netflix
Started iZombie last night. Funny and clever. The girl is cute. Will keep going with it.

I've been reading the Shadow and Bone books. About to start that show on Netflix. Anybody watch it? It got solid reviews and was renewed.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Started iZombie last night. Funny and clever. The girl is cute. Will keep going with it.
I'm almost thru Season 1. I forgot how much I DESPISE the Blaine character. Absolutely the worst. Scumbag pusher as a human, then a scumbag pusher of a different kind once he becomes a zombie. Who also turns people against their will to increase his clientele. Plus he's a serial killer. They tried to redeem him in later seasons, but I couldn't get behind that at all.

I enjoy most of the regulars from the first season--Liv, Ravi, Det. Babineaux, Major, Peyton.

If you watched Veronica Mars, it's kinda fun seeing several of that cast have guest appearances. Rob Thomas was a creator of both.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Season finale of "Only Murders..." was meh, fitting for a meh second season. They teased season 3, but I'm not sure I'll stick with it. This probably should've been a one off.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Season finale of "Only Murders..." was meh, fitting for a meh second season. They teased season 3, but I'm not sure I'll stick with it. This probably should've been a one off.
I haven’t watch the finale yet, but I’m OK with season two. To your point, though, it’s not like I’m thrilled with it and it’s not like I don’t like it. It’s solid and a good watch, but the novelty has worn off a bit. I expect it to rally in season three as shows often do.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I haven’t watch the finale yet, but I’m OK with season two. To your point, though, it’s not like I’m thrilled with it and it’s not like I don’t like it. It’s solid and a good watch, but the novelty has worn off a bit. I expect it to rally in season three as shows often do.

Watched the finale tonight. If you followed Season 1, you knew the obvious culprit going in to the finale wasn't going to be the actual culprit. I had a feeling it was the associate and was really hoping it wasn't Carla Delevingne.

Really like how Selena Gomez plays off of Martin and Sheen. Her non-verbal reactions to their lines are great.

Season 3 is a given and they can probably squeeze out a season 4 but after that wrap it up before it gets boring.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I'm almost thru Season 1. I forgot how much I DESPISE the Blaine character. Absolutely the worst. Scumbag pusher as a human, then a scumbag pusher of a different kind once he becomes a zombie. Who also turns people against their will to increase his clientele. Plus he's a serial killer. They tried to redeem him in later seasons, but I couldn't get behind that at all.

I enjoy most of the regulars from the first season--Liv, Ravi, Det. Babineaux, Major, Peyton.

If you watched Veronica Mars, it's kinda fun seeing several of that cast have guest appearances. Rob Thomas was a creator of both.
Well I'm only 3 episodes in, so just encountered Blaine as the briefly good then bad guy. Didn't realize Ally Michalka was so tall (or was an actual actress instead of MTV Video/Disney girl with her sister). Ravi is great. I only know the guy who plays Babineaux from his recent stint on Reacher (which feels like a similar character). Never saw Veronica Mars, but Rose McIver does kind of remind me of Kristen Bell.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Watched the first half of Girlfriend Who Didn't Exist on Netflix about Manti Te'o. Really messed up story that I somehow wasn't very familiar with. Will definitely watch the second half tonight.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Didn't realize Ally Michalka was so tall (or was an actual actress instead of MTV Video/Disney girl with her sister).
Aly and AJ both managed to grow up gracefully while being in the public eye, don't recall ever hearing about either going off the deep end or getting into legal trouble, etc. Also both transitioned from being teeny boppers to getting grown up movie/tv roles, and their music got much more sophisticated.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I watched the Only Murders finale. I thought it was good, with multiple twists. I still think that next season will be better.

(I just saw that there apparently is a weekly “after show” that discusses a single question after the show. Randomly, Elliott Gould was on the first one.)

Reaction Score
Shooter
checked it out last night and it starts off just like the movie. I've read it ran for 3 seasons and then cancelled. Is it worth binging?
Yes K, it is. I just finished the first season and I found it very entertaining. Season 1 could stand alone so I am curious what 2 and 3 will be like. Ryan Phillippe does a great job, and then you got Tom Sizemore, Shantel VanSanten, Cynthia Addai-Robinson, Omar Epps.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I am 5 episodes into Industry on HBOMax. Good, not great, but with potential. The show does a really good job at getting the vibe of a big investment bank. All the senior bankers are awful people, making them totally believable. Ken Leung is fantastic as the Head of the Trading Desk.

There is a lot of skin for a show about England's version of Wall Street, which is a little weird. There are a couple of scenes that go right up to the line of NC-17.

A few minor complaints:

The main character Harper is a bit too much of a lying B that screws up at high speed to be realistic. Literally any analyst that has ever worked on a trading floor would be fired for the screw up she did in Episode 1.4, especially if it happened that early in her career.

There are two or three tall blond guys that I can not tell apart so it is hard to follow their respective plotlines.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Started watching "Zoo" on Netflix. Interesting start. The animals of Earth have had enough of us wrecking the place, so they've all suddenly made an evolutionary quantum leap and are making a move to take us out. I took a quick peek at some reviews on imdb, sounds like Season 1 is the best, 2 is decent and 3 is terrible. Nora Arnezeder is a lovely French lady.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom