Westbrook to Uconn [merged thread] | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Westbrook to Uconn [merged thread]

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Well this is unchartered territory. We've gotten a recruit from the State of TENN but never a transfer from UT. Time will tell how this works out.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I'd like to know the opinions of you BYers whether Geno & Staff are done getting any additional players?
With Cooks from MichStU and Patterson from ND still available would he go after one of those 2?
UCONN can certainly use another BIG girl!

The envelope says one more, and she wears size 13’s. ;)

Reaction Score
Margo is pissed, spent over 1 hr talking about this :p

She funny!!!!! I just seen a video where Margo made a video of Westbrook highlights saying she the real deal also its a video of Evina saying she didn't even want to go to Tennessee because it was other players from Oregon there. Margo you think she wont be ready when the rivalry continues lol Hell her and Megan is in the gym right now as I'm typing.

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Does this mean Mimi might be coming? :eek::eek::oops::oops::confused::confused:
It would be so nice. As I've said, Mimi is just my kind of player, and I'd always thought she would benefit more than anyone on that team from good coaching. Tough minded, great motor, good size, and she gives everything she has while she's on the floor. She also has good form from the arc. But watching her at Tenn she wasted lots of energy through useless and ineffective motion. She is more raw than uncooked kale, but I think there's a diamond in that rough.
Meanwhile Evina is going to find the difference between Tenn and UConn is night and day. Geno teaches multiple options off of every position on the floor and he and we fans expect you to run endline to endline every minute of every game. We also expect defense. Get ready young lady for that rude awakening of first practices. You are fully capable of being a star in this system, but it's going to take a ton of work. Geno pushes players more than any coach in WCBB so buckle up.

Last edited:

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Damn! Even Diana doesn't have that. Yet.

Diana will get a CT mountain named after her. Isn't Mount Frissell the tallest elevation in the state? It will become Mount Taurasi. It's actually in two states but CT will annex the MA side. Who's Frissell anyway? Nobody remembers.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
It would be so nice. As I've said, Mimi is just my kind of player, and I'd always thought she would benefit more than anyone on that team from good coaching. Tough minded, great motor, good size, and she gives everything she has while she's on the floor. She also has good form from the arc. But watching her at Tenn she wasted lots of energy through useless and ineffective motion. Sh e is more raw than uncooked kale, but I think there's a diamond in that rough.

I agree. She was the one player who played the UCLA game that had a pulse and wanted to win badly imho. Who knows in this crazy off-season.

JordyG

Reaction Score
I agree. She was the one player who played the UCLA game that had a pulse and wanted to win badly imho. Who knows in this crazy off-season.
She played like that all year. Whenever she was called on in the game no matter the score, how many minutes she played, or all the noise that was clearly surrounding that Holly team. She cares. You can see it on her face the moment MiMi hits the floor. It's that passion, that drive that I love. She'd work well in Geno's system.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
She played like that all year. Whenever she was called on in the game no matter the score, how many minutes she played, or all the noise that was clearly surrounding that Holly team. She cares. You can see it on her face the moment MiMi hits the floor. It's that passion, that drive that I love. She'd work well in Geno's system.

Her body language and facial expressions remind me of Kia Nurse. Tough kid.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
She funny!!!!! I just seen a video where Margo made a video of Westbrook highlights saying she the real deal also its a video of Evina saying she didn't even want to go to Tennessee because it was other players from Oregon there. Margo you think she wont be ready when the rivalry continues lol Hell her and Megan is in the gym right now as I'm typing.

Margo made a very interesting observation. She said that the LV fans need to be wary of what they post in chat rooms. The world is watching and reading those comments, including prospective recruits.

I wonder if any prospective LV recruits will be turned off by the fan’s negativity towards Westbrook? No doubt some of them visit their chat room occasionally. :eek:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Margo made a very interesting observation. She said that the LV fans need to be wary of what they post in chat rooms. The world is watching and reading those comments, including prospective recruits.

I wonder if any prospective LV recruits will be turned off by the fan’s negativity towards Westbrook? Some of them spend time in their chat room too. :eek:

I have argued that even more than the coaching change issue, hostile (albeit limited) reactions from fans can greatly help the transfer waiver process.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
"...I will not wear that garish orange. That is not in my color wheel."

Reaction Score
Well this is unchartered territory. We've gotten a recruit from the State of TENN but never a transfer from UT. Time will tell how this works out.
This may be the first and last year that home and home series takes place especially with a coach that played during the better years of the rivalry.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Her body language and facial expressions remind me of Kia Nurse. Tough kid.
Yeah, tough and emotional. Like Kia. She plays with fire and a little grit, like Kia. At times though she looks a little awkward. Not mechanical, just a bit ungainly. She has her rough edges, that's for sure.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Yeah, tough and emotional. Like Kia. She plays with fire and a little grit, like Kia. At times though she looks a little awkward. Not mechanical, just a bit ungainly. She has her rough edges, that's for sure.

Rough Edges. Just Like Kia. Saw her live at the Liberty Preseason game. She is a banshee. Anyway, fun to dream. Got to get a lottery ticket.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom