Westbrook to Uconn [merged thread] | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Westbrook to Uconn [merged thread]

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
@Hayven mentioned in the Transfer thread last month....... how petty it would be to transfer from TN to UConn.... I replied if that happened... I'd might have to take that five hour road trip up to Knoxville in the 2020-21 matchup. Id be up in Thomas-Boling like

homerpopcorn.jpg

Good gosh.... I love saucy transfers like this :cool: with a few exceptions of course

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Could someone give me a quick and dirty, I avoid anything UT. Is she eligible this season? Is she good enough to compete for a starting job? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I just read Cat's post above
Maybe. Yes. Needs a waiver from NCAA to play, but she will push for a starting position if she plays.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
The NCAA made three (relatively) good decisions on transfers Read #2 New coach at school that’s not due player fault. This would also put pressure on Lady Vols to assist with immediate eligibly because lately schools who haven’t assisted with issues like Westbrook has been blasted by the media.
That #2 scenario is much narrower than you're thinking. It's about what happens when a coach leaves or is fired AFTER an incoming player has already enrolled in summer school. Westbrook wasn't an incoming player at Tennessee, and even if she were, she wasn't enrolled in summer school there.

Imagine if Horston had already enrolled in summer school in Knoxville before Holly was fired. That's when the new rule could be invoked.

Reaction Score
I would be surprised if she is granted a waiver but I hope to be proven wrong. Unlike an ND transfer, she didn’t play for her new coach for a year, then decide to transfer. The same player got to immediately play.

Reaction Score
So we have both #1 and #2 in the 2016 class now ....
People should not be hung up on where a player was ranked coming out of high school. College is a different animal. That said Westbrook is a good player who will add a needed element to Uconns backcourt. I also do not see any reason, under the circumstances, that she should be denied immediate eligibility. But then again it's the NCAA that we are dealing with.

Reaction Score
The rivalry is not relevant to younger people. Had it still been been at its peak like back in the day I don’t think she would’ve come to UConn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom