Welcome to UConn Azura Stevens (merged threads) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Welcome to UConn Azura Stevens (merged threads)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Welcome Azura.You will love the Huskies as the Huskies obviously love you.

BY'ers , if we get one more piece to this puzzle.....Just ONE(1) more piece , (and you know who I mean) to this 2017 class , FF. here we come. And we all know what happens 90% of the time the Huskies get there.

GO HUSKIES!!
This get gives us a legit shot at NC 17-18 and 18-19. We don't want to be greedy today!!! :)

Reaction Score
You seem to have forgotten two other players who will be sophomores. Amazing how dismissive one can be without ever seeing them play. Why not wait and see how they do next year before leaving them out of the mix entirely.
Relax.
I also left out Ekmark and the frosh, thus showing that it wasnt a comprehensive list.
The core of the 2017-18 team will be the players I listed. IMHO.

Reaction Score
More like the Marines---they get to do the Job the army and seals aren't trusted with---taking the enemies head on!!

B - ooh rah...and another grin.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
My youngest Daughter played with her sister Da Sheana in the Norwalk City League. The won it all. IMO it is really important to get Butler starting and making an impact so Stevens can play the wing with KLS. The following season or two well we could be looking at another NC and undefeated season.
DaShena was a very good player for St, John's in the old Big East (2nd team All-BE at least twice), now plays in Europe, and is and assistant coach at SJU. A talented family!

Reaction Score
Kia, Katie Lou, Napheesa, Natalie, Azura, Crystal, Kyla, Molly, Lexi and Andra.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
You seem to have forgotten two other players who will be sophomores. Amazing how dismissive one can be without ever seeing them play. Why not wait and see how they do next year before leaving them out of the mix entirely.
He also left out Courtney.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
The way the staff handled this, kind of makes you think about the way Navy Seal Teams go about their business. They go in and come out in stealth mode, and no body knows they were ever there.

Like Kwaye Chang Cain (Kung ) walking on rice paper. They complete their mission, get the Job done, and everybody comes home safe. THAT'S what I'm talking about!! Everybody does not have to know your business.

Except Geno used the Marines!

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Informative post in Vol Nation suggests that the carrot that Geno used in snaring Azura was
that she would be the first Olympic alternate if that position was required...:)

And I thought that he promised that slot to Moriah :):):)

Not too far fetched with all the ageless wonders on the roster.:):)

Reaction Score
I've said it more than once. EVERY TIME I log on to the yard, I hope to see that we have signed a coveted player. THIS is one of those times. With Stevens coming into the fold, we're back in business. Ladies and gentlemen, we got our BIG!!! :D

Come 2017-2018 season, it'll be business as usual. As I say that, I don't want to give anyone the impression that I'm conceding next season, far from it. I fully expect UConn to contend for another championship.

This is the best news I've read since UConn won the tournament. I wonder what the staff's reaction was when they got the news. This calls for a celebration, and I'm buying. The first round is on me.....cheers.
Thanks, Carnac. I drink Cliquot Champagne...by the case;)

Reaction Score
It's going to interesting to hear the current team players reaction to all this. Certainly they had a inkling this was going to happen especially after meeting with Azura....heck they may have played a little b ball with her.

Reaction Score
Informative post in Vol Nation suggests that the carrot that Geno used in snaring Azura was
that she would be the first Olympic alternate if that position was required...:)

Not informative at all. More speculative. But what do you expect from the jealous and angry after the CP conspiracy.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score

and that was "tongue in cheek" by a UConn fan

Reaction Score

Poor LV fans, have nothing but empty imagination.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
It's going to interesting to hear the current team players reaction to all this. Certainly they had a inkling this was going to happen especially after meeting with Azura....heck they may have played a little b ball with her.

Don't forget that they get a vote on recruits. No drama hear.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
After such a serious few days, a little levity is called for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom