Welcome to UConn Azura Stevens (merged threads) | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Welcome to UConn Azura Stevens (merged threads)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Aren't we becoming gluttons? How many championships will it take to satisfy UConn WBB fans?? I don't know --how many are there???
Gluttons for perfection; would that be a bad thing?

Reaction Score
It would be great to win every year until they let us into a power-5 conference.
Excellent! Let them know they will never have a champion until they let us in.

Reaction Score
Exactly! And, as much as we love to watch perfection, imagine what it must feel like to participate in it. I am quite sure that when the "Big 3" left the locker room Geno, staff and the remaining 8 players didn't wonder what to do next. They have a plan and a belief in themselves that will execute a new and different symphony of teamwork - they are not waiting for a "savior". With the addition of Kyla, Molly and Crystal all the pieces are in place for another exciting push for perfection.

Reaction Score
Those who predicted Uconn's decline due to its entry into the AAC should take note. It's not happening..
A really important point. Not only is the coaching staff the best (maybe ever) with the technical stuff, they also now have to manage a disadvantageous schedule. Because of their weak conference, they need to front load national competition early in the season, and certainly play the toughest Nov-Dec schedule in the country, while playing the easiest Jan-mid-March schedule of any top 10 team. That's the reverse of what you'd want, and getting players playing at tournament-level early in the schedule and keeping them sharp doing the later part is a huge challenge--which obviously they meet!

Reaction Score
How is PERFECTION defined in this case? Perfection interesting term, with different meaning for different people or different activities.
If perfection means winning every NC for the next 4 years--that may work for Uconn but for WCBB it stinks. Don't tar and feather me just yet. Think of how other teams will feel if they have no REAL opportunity to win an NC. But glutton me, yep I'm a Uconn fan first, I want every final 4, every NC---damn the torpedo's , put on your armor, and prepare to be damned in every media.

Reaction Score
Welcome to Uconn Azura!
Wow, this is huge. When it rains it pours.
Those who predicted Uconn's decline due to its entry into the AAC should take note. It's not happening. Azura is a tremendous talent who I always considered very special. I also love her bubbly and charming personality. She's a real game-changer for the program with Olympic-caliber talent. She will graduate in the same class as Lou and Napheesa. Now there is a new "Big 3" for you.
May you realize your dreams while at Uconn.
Those that predicted the decline when Uconn went AAC should have looked at history--same was true in the BE. Uconn WBB made all those in the BE better--every BE coach learned something from Geno--look at DePaul and ND and even 'Nova. ND liked Geno's tactics she adopted them. Geno is starting to make the AAC better, most have improved dramatically in the tw0 or three past years.. Critics, as Boneyards should know better than most, are a dime a dozen and will always pick on the winners--cuz they don't have the talent, brains, work ethic do do it themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom