Weekly Recruiting Summary 4/21/17 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Weekly Recruiting Summary 4/21/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can confirm that mamoudou has landed in CT after stopping in Charlotte. He's currently eating dinner.

It's on his ig lol

Reaction Score
Mamoudou is in the practice center, sounds like Ollie is there with him.their talking about national championships

Reaction Score
We have 8 bodies for next year, with 3 of them coming off serious recurring physical problems. This guy is an acceptable level UConn recruit even if we weren't in crisis. Not likely to be a big immediate help, but with a serious upside. Getting the two grad trasnfers in this weekend are stopgaps who can at least give us minutes at a serious level.

Then we'd have 11 and we need actual talent. Waters would be the obvious answer, but who knows with him.

Reaction Score
Corey Evans said that Mamoudou Diarra is similar to Wooten on TOS. Didn't seem to think we'd be getting both, though.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Corey Evans said that Mamoudou Diarra is similar to Wooten on TOS. Didn't seem to think we'd be getting both, though.

Really no need or room for both.

I don't think UConn actually expected to put any effort into Wooten.

Reaction Score
Has the montrezl Harrell (sp?) Or justin jackson (cincy) comparison been made? Has that raw intimidating game where he just makes plays on hustle and strength. Then by year 3 or 4 could have that more refined game that Harrell displayed
I think our current Diarra is a better Harrell comp than our future Diarra.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Just walked by Nathan Hale, and spotted Coach Chillious and Mamoudou walking. Chillious was explaining how two big men transferred out, Mamoudou seemed to be enjoying himself.
I tried to get a picture but I couldn't be discrete enough.

Reaction Score

What a world. Missouri hires one kid's dad and now they're a destination. And Wake? Jesus this is tough. But at least all the Oregon fans confident he'll go there in 2017 might take a step back

Reaction Score
Also back to Tremont Waters...I found this and am very fascinated by this development:

This I assume is there contingency plan should they not land Duval meaning Duke is not interested in Waters. I know some, including myself, speculated if Duval went somewhere not named Duke that they would come hard after Waters. I think this indicates that is not necessarily the case.

Reaction Score
Also back to Tremont Waters...I found this and am very fascinated by this development:

This I assume is there contingency plan should they not land Duval meaning Duke is not interested in Waters. I know some, including myself, speculated if Duval went somewhere not named Duke that they would come hard after Waters. I think this indicates that is not necessarily the case.

It appears all the major schools that have been recruiting him have cooled significantly, Duke, Syracuse, us etc.

The only ones really left are Creighton, WKU, and Georgetown.

I smell something........... FISHY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Cam