Week Two: Interesting Games | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Week Two: Interesting Games

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Cal Poly had Stanford right where they wanted them...5 minutes into the game. Cardinal managed to go on a little 78-24 run the rest of the way though. Brink didn't even break a sweat, I doubt she even played 15 minutes. Maybe the first 3 minutes after halftime and then she was done for the day. Iriafen didn't play much more.

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
Cal Poly had Stanford right where they wanted them...5 minutes into the game. Cardinal managed to go on a little 78-24 run the rest of the way though. Brink didn't even break a sweat, I doubt she even played 15 minutes. Maybe the first 3 minutes after halftime and then she was done for the day. Iriafen didn't play much more.
Yeah, it was 8-8 early on and I wondered what was happening. Then before long it was 29-8.

Reaction Score
24 points on 9-32 (2-16) shooting just won’t cut it. Clark’s inefficiency is why I’ll take Bueckers every time.

In her award season Bueckers rarely made the wrong decision.

Clark is sort of wild and definitely very self indulgent.

They've both somewhat single-handedly taken down a South Carolina team so feel like I'm a little neutral. My preference is Bueckers as well though strictly speaking Clark might have a better set of skills? Hard to say.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Although a rivalry game Florida is leading #12 FSU in the 4th!!

Florida was one of my teams to keep an eye on as they get all those injured players back and add Matharu.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
UCLA slipped by Princeton, 77-74.

Florida leading Florida State, 63-60, 6:29 left 4Q.

Reaction Score
Latson ices it with two free throws with seconds left to secure the five point victory.
She finished with 35 of FSU’s 79 points!

Welcome back T. May the rest of your career be injury free

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I normally wouldn’t watch a game ole LSU vs SE Louisiana.

But a fight might break out between this heated game - between LSU mommas
I was waiting for a punchline like that.

Reaction Score
Forgot to put some recommendations, though I'm not sure all will be televised.

Thursday is pretty loaded. I think there are some solid matchups that will help assess some teams. Duke plays Davidson on Thursday and Davidson gave UNC everything they could handle earlier this week. Basketball math is not the greatest tool but if Duke beats then handily I think it at least give the notion that they are a top 25 team who will compete in the ACC.

South Florida and Alabama is an interesting game. I'm not sure what's going on with Sammie P on the USF side but they still have a lot of talent. And Alabama has had a strong start to the season. I remember some people thought they'd be top 7 in the SEC and I was surprised. It will be good to watch them.

Lastly Princeton vs UCLA on Friday is something I'll definitely have on my radar. I'm a Kaitlyn Chen stan but Princeton also has a lot of returners and a good freshman class. I'm not sure if UCLA will be a bit undermanned again as a couple of players left to play for their national teams I. Qualifying tournaments. That said they've gotten off to a great start
I think these 3 games did tell us something.
Princeton almost beat UCLA. I remain a Kaitlyn Chen stan. was a great battle.

Alabama trounced South Florida. It looks like Sarah Ashlee Barker is off to a great start this season. I always liked her game. big, physical guard who can shoot.

Davidson did end up beating Duke...

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Battle of near the bottom of the Pac 12 vs. near the bottom of the SEC--Cal/Auburn.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Chicago St. getting boat raced by Florida Atlantic. They are a real threat to go winless this year.

Reaction Score
Oregon escapes 64-56.
Ducks hit 34% from the field 3-14 from 3. Urk.

Well at least they play ASU twice this season. Meanwhile the other Pac-12 “weak sister” Cal gets a double digit road win at Auburn.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Uh oh Duckies. Getting run out of the gym by Santa Clara. Former UW Husky Olivia Pollerd is pacing them in scoring. I didn't think she got a fair shake her 1 season in Seattle. Recruited by the outgoing coach, hardly saw the floor as a Fr. Oh well, working out okay for her it looks like.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Santa Clara destroyed Oregon 89-50. What the hell is that?! Hmm SCU 16-28 from 3 UO 5-21. Yowzer.

Meanwhile Washington is looking really uninspired against a terrible Seattle U. team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom