Week Two: Interesting Games | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Week Two: Interesting Games

Reaction Score
Florida Gulf Coast beat Kentucky. UK losing doesn't even seem like a story anymore. Will their coach make it thru the year before she gets fired?
This is only her 3rd year I believe. Very rare for WCBB coach to get fired that quickly.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
giphy.gif

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
This is only her 3rd year I believe. Very rare for WCBB coach to get fired that quickly.
Yeah, it shows that despite some strides, there still isn't anywhere near as much emphasis placed on wcbb as some other sports on campuses. Her tenure has not been good, that's for sure.

For proof of this, look at Charmin Smith at Cal. She's more than earned a dismissal, but she's in year 5 now.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Wow, Iowa really stretched the lead just before the half. Looking like a blowout now. I don't know what the over/under for the game is, but if it's 200...take the over!

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Clark on pace for a potential quadruple double. First half of 17 points, 4 boards, 4 assists, 6 steals. 64 first half points for Iowa.

Reaction Score
Yeah, it shows that despite some strides, there still isn't anywhere near as much emphasis placed on wcbb as some other sports on campuses. Her tenure has not been good, that's for sure.

For proof of this, look at Charmin Smith at Cal. She's more than earned a dismissal, but she's in year 5 now.
And Elzy does that have that SECT title.

Reaction Score
Mississippi State beat Belmont at their home gym 63-62. Before today Belmont was 2-0 at home and had beaten Georgia (by 26) and Witchata State (by 8) at home. Last season they were 11-3 at home and an NIT team. The prior season they were 10-2 at home and upset #5 Oregon in the first round of the NCAA Tournament.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Have to say of all the teams that played today, it was Duke that impressed me. Duke's freshmen and sophomores played great today vs Stanford.

1) I was on the ledge Thursday night... now... I'm almost ready to remove this darn paper bag. Thought to myself the other night, that with such a young team, there will be nights where we lose head scratching games, and other nights we will beat ranked squads.

2) If you are ever in Central NC, let me know Biscuitville and Cookout are on the house.... just don't let your Doctor find out :p

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
One other little tidbit, Allisa Pili gets some homecoming games. Utah is in the Great Alaska Shootout, she's from Anchorage. They treated the host school Alaska-Anchorage very rudely last night, playing Eastern Kentucky today.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
One other little tidbit, Allisa Pili gets some homecoming games. Utah is in the Great Alaska Shootout, she's from Anchorage. They treated the host school Alaska-Anchorage very rudely last night, playing Eastern Kentucky today.

My Seawolves :oops:

I didnt know that they even had a Great Alaska Shootout for women. Not sure if they still have one for the men, but back in the day it was a HUGE deal.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
My Seawolves :oops:

I didnt know that they even had a Great Alaska Shootout for women. Not sure if they still have one for the men, but back in the day it was a HUGE deal.
I didn't either. Yeah, there were some great games in the far north once upon a time...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom