Week 4 interesting games | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Week 4 interesting games

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
What a huge win for Gonzaga. Glad to see them seize the moment.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Stanford looked BAD without Brink. Gonzaga on the other hand looked great.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Stanford looked BAD without Brink. Gonzaga on the other hand looked great.
0% sorry I had social plans that conflicted with this game. Our season will go exactly as far as Brink and Kiki can take us. Today, one played 11 minutes and the other with foul trouble for the 4th straight game. Time to see if any of our younger players are hungry enough to step up and provide us with a plan B.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I don't know how much of a pass to give Tennessee for Jackson being out. Never in doubt today, Ohio St. had a big lead just about the whole way. Vols have fallen to 1-4 against everybody other than patsies this year.

Reaction Score
I feel like each year Harper is approaching Holly warlick level more and more…

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I feel like each year Harper is approaching Holly warlick level more and more…
To me it's one continuous timeline since Pat had to step down. I keep hearing they are better coached now, but I see no real difference between the tenure's of Harper and Warlick.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Who would have thought that UConn and Tennessee would have a combined 7 losses by December 3rd?

Reaction Score
To me it's one continuous timeline since Pat had to step down. I keep hearing they are better coached now, but I see no real difference between the tenure's of Harper and Warlick.
Warlick was a way better recruiter. I feel like Harper has less head scratching losses than Holly but more of the same tbh. TNs future once Rickea leaves will be interesting

I like Harper but I’m not seeing how she’s going to get TN over the hump. I know she shook up her staff to help the recruiting but I haven’t seen much of a change

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Another day, another 30 point game for JuJu. Got some help from Marshall w/ 20/12. Easy win against San Diego.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
But did you watch this game ?

I was at the game. Scar fouled a lot more than six times.

I just finished the game, I'm pretty shocked seeing that stat considering how physical the game was overall. There were definitely a couple of hacks by SC that didn't get called. On the flip side, Duke had 6 players on the floor at 1 point which should've been a clear cut technical but somehow the refs missed it.

SC looked solid today, though not nearly as smooth as they've been in earlier games. Their perimeter defense is not nearly as good as it was a year ago with Cooke/Beal hawking opposing players.

Duke is tough and can shoot, they should be a top 25 team. SC went on a run at the end to create separation but Duke played them very tough. Kara's building a great thing in Durham.

When I saw that Duke was gonna be on ABC twice early in the season I was mortified. Didn't want to see my squad get pummeled by 40 at Stanford, and by 63 in Durham, especially not on national TV. Thought both games would have been better off on ACCNX or the Pac!2 Channel stream only. But lemme tell you something... this team (Duke) has FIGHT Fought back against Stanford... had a lead for most of the game vs UGA.. only to lose it late, but then coming back to force overtime and win the game. Today, SCar went on that run after halftime... but we fought back.

I had no idea what to expect going into this year with all the new pieces, and with our returning players having to play much different roles. Thought they would finish around 10th in the ACC. I think we are better than 10th..... I HOPE we are better than 10th.

Looking at the box score today.. Delaney Thomas is a freshman.. J Donovan is a freshman, O squared is a freshman.... T Mair and Ashlon Jackson are sophomores..... Richardson is a Junior. We have been down as a program for rhe past decade... but I got a feeling we ain't gonna be down for much longer. :cool:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Boston must've left some of her foul proof secret sauce when she left town. I thought it could only be used by her but maybe not.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I'm not sure how it looked and sounded on TV, but in person... it was LOUD in Cameron and electric at times. I was surprised rto see that the announced attendance was just 5,600. I got to the parking garage at noon... and walking over and entering the building.. I was convinced it was gonna be at between 7,000 to 8,000 in attendance.

Boston must've left some of her foul proof secret sauce when she left town. I thought it could only be used by her but maybe not.

Actually it was only 5 physical fouls.. one of the fouls was a technical.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure how it looked and sounded on TV, but in person... it was LOUD in Cameron and electric at times. I was surprised rto see that the announced attendance was just 5,600. I got to the parking garage at noon... and walking over and entering the building.. I was convinced it was gonna be at between 7,000 to 8,000 in attendance.

Actually it was only 5 physical fouls.. one of the fouls was a technical.

Sounded like an NCAA tournament game with roars for both teams. Biggest roar on TV was the dagger three though.

Sounded big when Duke got it to three and tied it though.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Sounded like an NCAA tournament game with roars for both teams. Biggest roar on TV was the dagger three though.

Sounded big when Duke got it to three and tied it though.

Yeah... a bunch of chicken fans were in front of me. I didn't want to get thrown out of the game, so I went ahead and let them cackle when that shot fell.

Reaction Score

When I saw that Duke was gonna be on ABC twice early in the season I was mortified. Didn't want to see my squad get pummeled by 40 at Stanford, and by 63 in Durham, especially not on national TV. Thought both games would have been better off on ACCNX or the Pac!2 Channel stream only. But lemme tell you something... this team (Duke) has FIGHT Fought back against Stanford... had a lead for most of the game vs UGA.. only to lose it late, but then coming back to force overtime and win the game. Today, SCar went on that run after halftime... but we fought back.

I had no idea what to expect going into this year with all the new pieces, and with our returning players having to play much different roles. Thought they would finish around 10th in the ACC. I think we are better than 10th..... I HOPE we are better than 10th.

Looking at the box score today.. Delaney Thomas is a freshman.. J Donovan is a freshman, O squared is a freshman.... T Mair and Ashlon Jackson are sophomores..... Richardson is a Junior. We have been down as a program for rhe past decade... but I got a feeling we ain't gonna be down for much longer. :cool:
Glad you got to see it in person - great game & win for SC on the road against a very talented team. btw, debbie Antonelli, the color announcer covering the game -live also in the arena - had the exact same thought & reaction as I to the foul shot disparity and said as much during the broadcast - go figure

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Who would have thought that UConn and Tennessee would have a combined 7 losses by December 3rd?
Given the respective scheduling and personnel losses, not surprising at all really.

Not every team scheduled as soft as Texas did for its first 8 games.

Reaction Score
Glad you got to see it in person - great game & win for SC on the road against a very talented team. btw, debbie Antonelli, the color announcer covering the game -live also in the arena - had the exact same thought & reaction as I to the foul shot disparity and said as much during the broadcast - go figure
Not surprised. You must not watch a lot of ACC games....her name is...Debbie AntiDukeinelli.
In all seriousness, I think it physically pains her to say positive things about Duke. I was at the games, so I didn't hear her on the call this time.

There were plenty of times the refs missed things ..... from a player getting hit in the head on a drive or a player blowing kisses after a play. It was bizarre. Not saying the outcome of the game would be any different though.

These last two SC games have gotten spicy....I'll def get the popcorn ready when they face off against LSU.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not surprised. You must not watch a lot of ACC games....her name is...Debbie AntiDukeinelli.
In all seriousness, I think it physically pains her to say positive things about Duke. I was at the games, so I didn't hear her on the call this time.

There were plenty of times the refs missed things ..... from a player getting hit in the head on a drive or a player blowing kisses after a play. It was bizarre. Not saying the outcome of the game would be any different though.

These last two SC games have gotten spicy....I'll def get the popcorn ready when they face off against LSU.
I think part of the disparity of fouls has to do with playing the current #1 ranked team. Similar to what Paopao said in the post game interview, I've noticed a drastic increase in physicality ever since we became the #1 ranked team. I think both North Carolina and Duke took more risks that resulted in fouls while trying to go for the upset.

I also think our players have not taken it very well which has resulted in the spiciness. We're getting absolutely mauled under the basket and the players are letting it get to them in a negative way which has resulted in some of the technicals. It's part of being a very talented young group who's learning to grow up and fuel their passion into performance.

Reaction Score
I think part of the disparity of fouls has to do with playing the current #1 ranked team. Similar to what Paopao said in the post game interview, I've noticed a drastic increase in physicality ever since we became the #1 ranked team. I think both North Carolina and Duke took more risks that resulted in fouls while trying to go for the upset.

I also think our players have not taken it very well which has resulted in the spiciness. We're getting absolutely mauled under the basket and the players are letting it get to them in a negative way which has resulted in some of the technicals. It's part of being a very talented young group who's learning to grow up and fuel their passion into performance.
Add to that we are not a good FT shooting team This our opponents are emboldened to play really very physical. You. Would rather put any of our bigs on the line to shoot twice rather than give them an unchallenged access to the hoop.

Reaction Score
@triaddukefan has a lot to look forward with the Dukies. Great group of young ones on Duke as long as they stay with Duke. Duke's guard play is fantastic. If Duke had an offensive presence in the paint, Duke would have converted a few of these close losses into wins.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Given the respective scheduling and personnel losses, not surprising at all really.

Not every team scheduled as soft as Texas did for its first 8 games.

I just looked at the Ribeyes schedule.

kobe-bryant-soft.gif

Like angel food cake topped with berries and cream.

Reaction Score

Congrats to Yvonne Ejim for earning the ESPN player of the week. It's awesome to see her hard work paying off this year.

As I've said before, she doesn't get talked about enough in Canada, but she's part of a talented group of players from the 2020 class that are part of Canada Basketball's future. Hope this gets attention north of the border.

Reaction Score
I just finished the game, I'm pretty shocked seeing that stat considering how physical the game was overall. There were definitely a couple of hacks by SC that didn't get called. On the flip side, Duke had 6 players on the floor at 1 point which should've been a clear cut technical but somehow the refs missed it.

SC looked solid today, though not nearly as smooth as they've been in earlier games. Their perimeter defense is not nearly as good as it was a year ago with Cooke/Beal hawking opposing players.

Duke is tough and can shoot, they should be a top 25 team. SC went on a run at the end to create separation but Duke played them very tough. Kara's building a great thing in Durham.
The defense is still very strong but I’m not sure it’s best-in-the-nation good (although currently #1 in Massey rating). The Utah game is going to be a huge test for SC. They will hit the open perimeter shots that other teams have been missing.

Agree on Duke. The Triangle school meetups are going to be highly entertaining this year.

Reaction Score
The defense is still very strong but I’m not sure it’s best-in-the-nation good (although currently #1 in Massey rating). The Utah game is going to be a huge test for SC. They will hit the open perimeter shots that other teams have been missing.

Agree on Duke. The Triangle school meetups are going to be highly entertaining this year.
Not as good on defense or rebounding the ball.

Getting out rebounded by UNC was low key alarming.

But it's relative. Still very strong at both, but it's a little chink in the armor that wasn't there last year.

Compensated for perhaps by better offense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom