Week 4 interesting games | The Boneyard

Week 4 interesting games

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
After Feast Week we get a bit of a lull to start the next week. Wednesday has several interesting games though:

Notre Dame vs Tennessee
Louisville vs Ole Miss
Miami vs Mississippi St.

those 3 are all ACC/SEC Challenge, so will be more to come the rest of the week

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
South Carolina invades the state to the north for a pair of games against UNC and Duke

Arizona @ UNLV could be intriguing. Rebels are undefeated and won a bunch of games last year, albeit not against a great schedule

Utah/BYU could be spicy.

During the weekend we've got Stanford/Gonzaga, UConn/Texas and Tennessee/Ohio St. Big week for the Vols.

Reaction Score
After Feast Week we get a bit of a lull to start the next week. Wednesday has several interesting games though:

Notre Dame vs Tennessee
Louisville vs Ole Miss
Miami vs Mississippi St.

those 3 are all ACC/SEC Challenge, so will be more to come the rest of the week
This one catches my eye. I like what Coach Purcell is starting to build and facing this Miami team will be a good test for them. It's a shame that Parker is out for the season. Would have loved to see her face off against some of Miami's bigs.

Reaction Score
Don't look now, but the Lady Commodores of Vanderbilt (coached by Shea Ralph, of course) are off to a 7-0 start. Four of the wins are by 4 points or less, and they haven't really played anyone yet, but after last year's battle to keep enough healthy bodies on the floor, that's got to feel good! They have NC State tomorrow (Wednesday) night in the ACC-SEC Challenge, so maybe a reality check is coming. Only one of their five leading scorers is a senior or grad student, and their fifth leading scorer is Poland's Aga Makurat, baby sister of Ana.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Shea's Vanderbilt plays NC State on ACC Network tomorrow early evening. May not be the best game of the evening, but I'm curious to see how much the 'Dores have improved.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
How about an UNinteresting game? Utah played Carroll College (MT). An NAIA school. It doesn't appear it was an exhibition game. Why? Just why? 100-44 final. Big thumbs down to the Utes.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Look out, UC Santa Barbara is hosting UC Santa Cruz tonight. When Gauchos meet Banana Slugs, there's no telling what might happen!

Reaction Score
Boston University is keeping it close with Colorado about halfway through the 3rd. A potential upset is brewing... 39-36 Colorado at the TV timeout.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Wyoming about to knock BYU from the ranks of the unbeaten.

Reaction Score
Shea's Vanderbilt plays NC State on ACC Network tomorrow early evening. May not be the best game of the evening, but I'm curious to see how much the 'Dores have improved.
Could be you picked the wrong game to figure that out. :eek:

Reaction Score
Watkins had another 30 point game in an easy win for USC against Cal Poly.
JuJu is a match up nightmare. 6'2" guard who is as smooth as George Gervin and physically as strong as Raegan Beers. JuJu seems to always be around 50% Field Goal Percentage, and plays terrific defense. When playing USC you need a strategy to "contain" JuJu. I think denying JuJu from catching the ball is paramount as a 1st step. Then trying to tire her out by substituting fresh defenders throughout the game. I'll be interested to see how PAC-12 Teams defend her.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I haven't followed Taylor Jones very closely since she transferred to Texas. I know she was plagued by shoulder issues at Oregon St. Looks like she had a monster game today, 27 pts/16 reb on a perfect 11-11 from the floor.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Gonzaga-Eastern Washington in an Inland Empire grudge match, it's a barn burner.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
So...the Santa Clara team that blew Oregon out of the water is trying to lose an absolutely horrible Sacramento St. team. Go figure.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Zags dodged a bullet. Up 4 under 10 seconds left and almost blew it.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Have you ever seen a player go 0-4 from 3 on ONE POSSESSION?! I just did. Bizarre.
If there's any way to share a clip of this play, please do. That sounds like some globetrotters action.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
If there's any way to share a clip of this play, please do. That sounds like some globetrotters action.
Can't find anything so far. It was Brynna Maxwell, a career 42% shooter w/ over 300 made 3's. All 4 were good looks. They also missed a shot from point blank range on that trip down the floor (not Maxwell). 5 shots on one possession and 0 points to show for it.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Not that I can remember.

But 6-5 River Baldwin was blocked three times by Vandy players in one possession. None of them over 6-2.
That must've been something to see. I'm pretty sure I've seen Cameron Brink get 3 swats on one possession before. At some point you would think the opposition would get the message to don't bring that...stuff in here.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
It was Brynna Maxwell, a career 42% shooter w/ over 300 made 3's.
Okay that's kinda crazy. After I looked at her stats I looked at Hannah Jump. They have the exact same number of career 3's--303. Very similar % as well. Are they actually the same person?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom