Week 4 interesting games | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Week 4 interesting games

Reaction Score
That must've been something to see. I'm pretty sure I've seen Cameron Brink get 3 swats on one possession before. At some point you would think the opposition would get the message to don't bring that...stuff in here.
Yeah, but in this case Baldwin is expected to draw the contact in these type of situations. Kudos to the defenders in avoiding being tagged with a foul.

Reaction Score
Okay that's kinda crazy. After I looked at her stats I looked at Hannah Jump. They have the exact same number of career 3's--303. Very similar % as well. Are they actually the same person?
I always thought Maxwell was an amazing shooter. Not surprising that most everyone knows who Hannah Jump is and what team she plays for, but Maxwell is not nearly as well known yet nearly identical 3-point proficiency.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
What's in the water in New England? Vermont threw a scare into North Carolina recently, and Maine is giving Indiana more than they wanted.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Opening night in the Horizon. Conference games in November? What in the world?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
DePaul getting run out of the gym by Michigan St. Is this setting up to be the worst year of Bruno's tenure there? Definitely downtrending recently.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Olsen from Villanova dropped 30 tonight against Richmond. She's about doubled her scoring average from last year, will be about 25 ppg after this one.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Uh...Oregon better cease and desist playing WCC teams. Not going very well for them this year.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Poor Chicago St. probably got completely broken in losing that triple overtime thriller. Got thrashed by Illinois St. 102-47 tonight.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Well playing on the road against a tough physical team is quite a bit different than what SC has been used to and it showed. A lot of bad decisions by South Carolina and UNC matched their physicality and toughness.

Gakdeng did an amazing job on Cardoso, she's a solid post player for UNC. Ustby/Kitts was a great matchup in the 2nd half. Not sure why Fulwiley was benched the entire second half. Not Raven Johnson's best game but defended well. Hall/Pao Pao were big too.

Deja Kelly struggled big time in the second half, although it sounds like she was effective in the first. She's a great athlete and a tough player (draws a ton of fouls) but is just an inefficient scorer.

Solid win for SC but they looked very beatable.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Okay, what is wrong with Oregon? Trailing Portland 46-18 at the half, and the Pilots don't appear to be half the team they had been the previous several years with Alex Fowler. WCC teams are kryptonite for them.

Reaction Score
Okay, what is wrong with Oregon? Trailing Portland 46-18 at the half, and the Pilots don't appear to be half the team they had been the previous several years with Alex Fowler. WCC teams are kryptonite for them.
Dont wanna be that guy but I think Graves run is over at Oregon. I mean this is getting laughably bad, like something you would read on the Onion with these scores lately. Add in the long list of attrition lately.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Well playing on the road against a tough physical team is quite a bit different than what SC has been used to and it showed. A lot of bad decisions by South Carolina and UNC matched their physicality and toughness.

Gakdeng did an amazing job on Cardoso, she's a solid post player for UNC. Ustby/Kitts was a great matchup in the 2nd half. Not sure why Fulwiley was benched the entire second half. Not Raven Johnson's best game but defended well. Hall/Pao Pao were big too.

Deja Kelly struggled big time in the second half, although it sounds like she was effective in the first. She's a great athlete and a tough player (draws a ton of fouls) but is just an inefficient scorer.

Solid win for SC but they looked very beatable.
Yeah, the officials really let them play this game.

I was thinking as I was watching it that the UConn coaching staff should sit down with the front-court players and study how Gakdeng covered Cardoso, and how UNC played in general.

Kelly took a bad fall early in the second half. Cardoso blocked a shot, and Kelly collided with her in such a way that she hit her head on the floor. It took her several minutes to get back up. I was surprised she returned to the game, although as you pointed out, she wasn't very effective.

Every time I see Alyssa Ustby, I think I should watch UNC every time they're available. If Aubrey plays like that against South Caroline, I like UConn's chances.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yeah, the officials really let them play this game.

I was thinking as I was watching it that the UConn coaching staff should sit down with the front-court players and study how Gakdeng covered Cardoso, and how UNC played in general.

Kelly took a bad fall early in the second half. Cardoso blocked a shot, and Kelly collided with her in such a way that she hit her head on the floor. It took her several minutes to get back up. I was surprised she returned to the game, although as you pointed out, she wasn't very effective.

Every time I see Alyssa Ustby, I think I should watch UNC every time they're available. If Aubrey plays like that against South Caroline, I like UConn's chances.

Wasn't a fan of Kelly returning to the game. Any impact to the head like that makes me nervous. Hopefully she's fine and nothing lingers.

Reaction Score
Uh...Oregon better cease and desist playing WCC teams. Not going very well for them this year.
Losing 91-60 to a 4-4 Portland team is ... not good, though an 'improvement' over a 39 pt loss to Santa Clara.

ORE football will be a nice addition to the BiG.
WCBB not so much.
Duckettes could lose 20 games this year.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Anyone who's watched the Ducks this season have a sense of why they're so woeful? On paper their starting 5 is quite talented, much more so than either SC's or Portland's. In the past few years I've been surprised how disjointed they often look on offense. Huge drop off from the flowing offenses of the Ionescu/Satou/Hebard era. Maybe Campbell was really the man behind the green curtain the whole time...

Reaction Score
What's in the water in New England? Vermont threw a scare into North Carolina recently, and Maine is giving Indiana more than they wanted.
And Indiana went with a very short bench. Will this be the trend for the season? Hoping the answer is no.

Reaction Score
Olsen from Villanova dropped 30 tonight against Richmond. She's about doubled her scoring average from last year, will be about 25 ppg after this one.
So impressed with Lucy Olson. A real gamer and super athletic.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Nebraska outscored Georgia Tech 58-40 in the second half to come back to win by 8.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Ole Miss, which is supposed to be one of the better SEC teams, just lost to an undefeated Southern Miss team.

Florida lost earlier to to Marshall, getting outscored 28-16 in 4Q to lose by 3.

The SEC fares better against the ACC than they do against low-major teams.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom