triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
1pm

giphy.gif

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
They gave technicals to Donavan and Johnson? It was an entertaining half. I really like Kitts for y'all.

Yeah #25 for the Chickens was running her yap at the Duke bench.

Reaction Score
Best 3 pt shooting team I’ve seen in Dawn’s tenure as SC coach

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Upset watch: Rhode Island leading #25 Princeton, 58-56...16 seconds left.

Reaction Score
Late-game fouling is killing any chance of beating South Carolina.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Am I reading the box score correctly? South Carolina was called for 6 fouls the entire game?

That's gotta be some kind of record.
Well, it was an away game, so we can't blame it on 'home cookin'. But that does seem laughable.

1 FT trip for Duke? And Brown had 3 fouls where her hands were straight up. Duke is dangerous despite this loss.
From your lips to this Stanford fan's still-stressed-out ears.

Reaction Score
Well, it was an away game, so we can't blame it on 'home cookin'. But that does seem laughable.

From your lips to this Stanford fan's still-stressed-out ears.
Oh maybe one team happens to be perimeter oriented that played extremely aggressive against one with more size that constantly works to be get the ball inside and score in the paint

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Oh maybe one team happens to be perimeter oriented that played extremely aggressive against one with more size that constantly works to be get the ball inside and score in the paint
Friend, I watched the same Duke team that played SCAR two weekends ago at Stanford, and while Duke definitely fouled frequently on defense, their style of offense didn't lend itself to many charges, and our team drew our fair share of fouls defending their bigs, as well as keeping their guards from driving to the hoop instead of shooting from outside. Respectfully, I'm not buying what you're selling.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Am I reading the box score correctly? South Carolina was called for 6 fouls the entire game?

That's gotta be some kind of record.

I just finished the game, I'm pretty shocked seeing that stat considering how physical the game was overall. There were definitely a couple of hacks by SC that didn't get called. On the flip side, Duke had 6 players on the floor at 1 point which should've been a clear cut technical but somehow the refs missed it.

SC looked solid today, though not nearly as smooth as they've been in earlier games. Their perimeter defense is not nearly as good as it was a year ago with Cooke/Beal hawking opposing players.

Duke is tough and can shoot, they should be a top 25 team. SC went on a run at the end to create separation but Duke played them very tough. Kara's building a great thing in Durham.

Reaction Score
Ole Miss, which is supposed to be one of the better SEC teams, just lost to an undefeated Southern Miss team.

Florida lost earlier to to Marshall, getting outscored 28-16 in 4Q to lose by 3.

The SEC fares better against the ACC than they do against low-major teams.
Not to be outdone my Mississippi State Bulldogs just lost to UTC. Tough last two games.

Reaction Score
Friend, I watched the same Duke team that played SCAR two weekends ago at Stanford, and while Duke definitely fouled frequently on defense, their style of offense didn't lend itself to many charges, and our team drew our fair share of fouls defending their bigs, as well as keeping their guards from driving to the hoop instead of shooting from outside. Respectfully, I'm not buying what you're selling.
But did you watch this game ?

Reaction Score
The SEC honestly looks horrendous this year outside of SC...

Too many mediocre/bad coaches wasting talent

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Brink sitting on the bench coming out from halftime with an illness, not likely to return.

Gonzaga has led almost wire to wire.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
No Brink, Iriafen on the bench w/ foul trouble, Zags can't miss from 3, this has turned into a blowout. Up 20 thru Q3.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom