Week 4 interesting games | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Week 4 interesting games

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Elon (Not my Phoenix) lost to a D II school Wingate 72-53. Duke beat them (Wingate) 106-33 in a exhibition game last month. Elon might not win again until November 2024.

@HuskyNan

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Sacramento St. about to get their first win of the year. Probably not very many winless teams left at this point. Thanks CSUN for taking the hit.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Sacramento St. about to get their first win of the year. Probably not very many winless teams left at this point. Thanks CSUN for taking the hit.
Tennessee Martin and St Francis (PA) also got their first wins today.

By my count, 15 winless teams remain in D1:

Alabama State Lady Hornets (SWAC) 0-7
Chicago State Cougars (Independent) 0-13
Delaware State Hornets (MEAC) 0-6
Gardner-Webb Runnin' Bulldogs (Big South) 0-7
Hampton Lady Pirates (CAA) 0-6
Lindenwood Lions (Ohio Valley) 0-5
Little Rock Trojans (Ohio Valley) 0-6
Southern Jaguars (SWAC) 0-5
Stonehill Skyhawks (Northeast) 0-8
Troy Trojans (Sun Belt) 0-5
UMass Lowell River Hawks (America East) 0-6
UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros (WAC) 0-7
Valparaiso Beacons (Missouri Valley) 0-5
Weber State Wildcats (Big Sky) 0-7
Xavier Musketeers (Big East) 0-7

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Their game with Arizona St. today has been cancelled (no, I don't know the reason), so they'll have to wait for another day to try for their first win.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Uh oh Adia. Getting doubled up at the half by UNLV. I was a fan of her for a while, but I'm quickly losing faith in her as a coach.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Tennessee Martin and St Francis (PA) also got their first wins today.

By my count, 15 winless teams remain in D1:

Alabama State Lady Hornets (SWAC) 0-7
Chicago State Cougars (Independent) 0-13
Delaware State Hornets (MEAC) 0-6
Gardner-Webb Runnin' Bulldogs (Big South) 0-7
Hampton Lady Pirates (CAA) 0-6
Lindenwood Lions (Ohio Valley) 0-5
Little Rock Trojans (Ohio Valley) 0-6
Southern Jaguars (SWAC) 0-5
Stonehill Skyhawks (Northeast) 0-8
Troy Trojans (Sun Belt) 0-5
UMass Lowell River Hawks (America East) 0-6
UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros (WAC) 0-7
Valparaiso Beacons (Missouri Valley) 0-5
Weber State Wildcats (Big Sky) 0-7

Gardner-Webb already has more losses than they did the previous season. They went 29-5 last year

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Uh oh Adia. Getting doubled up at the half by UNLV. I was a fan of her for a while, but I'm quickly losing faith in her as a coach.
She's starting to feel like the Kelly Graves of the Pac-12 South. Ride one star guard to fame, attract a ton of top recruits, repel them all to the point of transferring out, watch those transfers blossom elsewhere, run the program you built up into the ground.

It's kind of sad, because I find them both likeable and compelling, albeit in very different ways.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
She's starting to feel like the Kelly Graves of the Pac-12 South. Ride one star guard to fame, attract a ton of top recruits, repel them all to the point of transferring out, watch those transfers blossom elsewhere, run the program you built up into the ground.

It's kind of sad, because I find them both likeable and compelling, albeit in very different ways.
Graves is the bigger surprise to me. He had a very good track record prior to coming to Oregon.

Barnes came from nowhere, first time HC gig, quickly built Arizona from almost nothing into much more than respectable. Still a lot better off than where they started, but she could become a victim of her own early success there.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Well Arizona played even in the second half. +1 even. It was that 20 point halftime deficit that got them in trouble.

Man, during her Freshman season I thought Helena Pueyo was destined for stardom. She just has not developed at all since then. That was actually her best season statistically. Not often that a player comes in and contributes as a frosh, and then into her 5th season didn't get any better after that.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Well there I go calling a game way too early again. I think Montana St. was up 31-15 at one point. Portland is now up 10 w/ about a minute left. So according to the infallible transitive properties in sports Montana St. is about 20 points better than Oregon?

Plebe

Reaction Score

Pretty embarrassing.

One of my favorite players, Kiara Jackson of UNLV, had 21 points and 7 assists.

I saw Kiara play a memorable high school playoff game where she led her team in a thriller upset over Sarah Andrews and Hannah Gusters' team.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Okay, I waited this time. Utah was up 20 on BYU at the half, margin is about the same w/ a minute and change left.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Not Oregon vs a WCC team level of embarrassing though. UNLV won 31 games last year and brought back most of their roster.
I'm admittedly biased, but UNLV also has a terrific young head coach, who's a local product to boot. =)

Plebe

Reaction Score
Wouldn't that be a forfeit?
I believe under NCAA rule it's a "no contest".

For conference games it would depend on conference policy. ASU last year "forfeited" two games due to lack of sufficient available players, but the forfeit only applied to the league standings per Pac-12 policy, not to overall team record per NCAA rule.

Reaction Score
Not Oregon vs a WCC team level of embarrassing though. UNLV won 31 games last year and brought back most of their roster.
For sure

UNLV is solid but AZ has way too much talent to be that pitiful

I think Adia and Graves are going down very similar paths right now. Excluding a brief period with one star player, both have fallen off with no identity and have been having attrition lately

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Ole Miss, which is supposed to be one of the better SEC teams, just lost to an undefeated Southern Miss team.

Florida lost earlier to to Marshall, getting outscored 28-16 in 4Q to lose by 3.

The SEC fares better against the ACC than they do against low-major teams.
I was surprised to see Joye Lee McNelis is still coaching Southern Miss. I thought she had a health issue and had retired. Big win for Southern Miss!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom