Week 2 preview (Nov. 15-22) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Week 2 preview (Nov. 15-22)

Reaction Score
Thought Texas looked pretty good, but maybe not quite at the point where they have great interior scoring.

Maryland really had that thing in hand until I guess there was a late comeback.

Baylor's offense to me looks to have a lot more spacing but they don't force inside as well and the defense probably isn't as intense.

I guess it's anyone's guess how Baylor will be set for talent going forward. They're a dangerous team though I bet come March.
Yes Baylor is way better than I expected… at least looking at the stats from their first 3 games of this season. If Jordan Lewis becomes Robin to Nalyssa’s Batman, then they will be dangerous!

MD did a hell of a job fighting for this win though especially with Benzan out (especially) & Faith out. Angel Reese/Collins/Bibby held their own against the Baylor Bigs.

Reaction Score
Thought Texas looked pretty good, but maybe not quite at the point where they have great interior scoring.

Maryland really had that thing in hand until I guess there was a late comeback.

Baylor's offense to me looks to have a lot more spacing but they don't force inside as well and the defense probably isn't as intense.

I guess it's anyone's guess how Baylor will be set for talent going forward. They're a dangerous team though I bet come March.
Maryland was up 11 and the Diamond went down with injury to her knee. Baylor used that momentum to make a run but thankfully the Terps held on for the W

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
denzel.gif

Reaction Score
Auburn putting it on Georgia Tech early.
Nellll no!!!

GA Tech got “Starkey”‘-ed early and didn’t have enough to time to come all the way back. Very nice win for Coach Harris.

Reaction Score
Nellll no!!!

GA Tech got “Starkey”‘-ed early and didn’t have enough to time to come all the way back. Very nice win for Coach Harris.

Not at all what I'd have expected and somebody is getting out of the SEC cellar at my next look.

Reaction Score
Maryland was up 11 and the Diamond went down with injury to her knee. Baylor used that momentum to make a run but thankfully the Terps held on for the W
Maryland's led foot on the gas at all times almost cost them the game. The Terps were comfortably ahead and grabbed a couple of defensive rebounds with about three minutes left in the game. They took shots 6 seconds into the shot clock. I think Collins took one and Bibby took one. I think they should work on time management instead of trying to score 90 points every game. Especially against the better teams.

Reaction Score
Maryland's led foot on the gas at all times almost cost them the game. The Terps were comfortably ahead and grabbed a couple of defensive rebounds with about three minutes left in the game. They took shots 6 seconds into the shot clock. I think Collins took one and Bibby took one. I think they should work on time management instead of trying to score 90 points every game. Especially against the better teams.
I totally agree. If they would have milked the clock for the last two minutes than they would have won with a comfortable lead.

Reaction Score
Not at all what I'd have expected and somebody is getting out of the SEC cellar at my next look.
Yeah big win and unexpected. I think there will be moments like this in the season. Just won’t be many but it’s a very encouraging sign and our recruiting picking up. Within 2 years I think being top half in the SEC and being a NCAA tournament team will happen. Just about getting the players in.

Reaction Score
Really ugly win by Arkansas over SMU. Bricksville. I think after the big emotion game against UConn and in-state grudge game (first game in 16 years) Arkansas State, the Hogs just showed up cold as ice. If you can shoot 40% from the FT line and win … so be it, I guess.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Chicago State beat Wisconsin in OT.

Nicholls fell to 0-3, losing 77-48 to Louisiana Tech.

Reaction Score
Does anybody know why the AP doesn’t do game recaps for the ranked women’s games anymore? At least I don’t see them anymore on ESPN :confused:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Does anybody know why the AP doesn’t do game recaps for the ranked women’s games anymore? At least I don’t see them anymore on ESPN :confused:
I have been noticing this as well. Maybe ESPN is cutting costs by not paying AP for their WCBB write-ups? Or maybe the AP isn't automatically assigning those games to be written up?

Would be a great question to direct to Doug Feinberg, longtime women's basketball AP writer.

Reaction Score
I have been noticing this as well. Maybe ESPN is cutting costs by not paying AP for their WCBB write-ups? Or maybe the AP isn't automatically assigning those games to be written up?

Would be a great question to direct to Doug Feinberg, longtime women's basketball AP writer.
It may just be a quirk of ESPN's presentation. ESPN is definitely subscribed to the AP. And the AP is definitely covering top games: Women's college basketball

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score

I finally sucked it up at the start of this season and subscribed to The Athletic, which has been awesome. They don't cover every game involving a ranked team, but they cover the big games and generally seem to provide more thoughtful coverage than ESPN is providing these days.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moochi278

Top Bottom