Week 2 preview (Nov. 15-22) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Week 2 preview (Nov. 15-22)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Colorado looked really good last night (Clorado Live Stream) and stymied every Marquette run. I still think the Buffs would have a great season if they place 5th this year behind, Stanford, Arizona, Oregon and UCLA.
I'd replace UCLA with Oregon State in your listing there.

IMO UCLA's prospects are tumbling rapidly for this season. May have lost Charisma Osborne to a season-ending ankle injury and it's unclear how long Conti and Dugalic and will be out. Other players seem to be banged up as well even as they continue to play. They are down to 7 available scholarship players for tomorrow's game.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
They returned all their starters from last year, including their best player Hollingshed for a fifth year.
I was actually talking about their high school stars such as Belibi and Onynwere. The spelling may be wrong but I think you know who I mean. There have been others recently.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I was actually talking about their high school stars such as Belibi and Onynwere. The spelling may be wrong but I think you know who I mean. There have been others recently.
I think the schools in many states echo this same sentiment. Keeping talent at home is a real trick sometimes.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Rhode Island just beat Princeton to snap their 25 game winning streak. Tammi Reiss has that program on the rise.
Tammi Reiss will be first in line when UVa fires Thompson after this season. RI has some players. Redshirt senior Emmanuelle Tahane had 16 points and 19 rebounds.

Princeton dominated the 1st quarter 11-2 but their usually stifling defense failed them after that. It didn't help that their best player got hurt at end of 3Q and didn't seem 100% even when she returned. I wonder when was the last time a Berube-coached team gave up 59 in 3 quarters.

Ironically, Princeton's win streak dates from their overtime loss at Iowa, which was exactly two years ago today.

Reaction Score
At 2Q, Quinnipiac 22, #4 Indiana 12 ... in ESPN3

Plebe

Reaction Score
South Florida with a solid 20-point win over Syracuse after a slow start. I might have to move them up in my Boneyard poll.

Oregon-Oklahoma getting underway now. I expect this game to be difficult for the Ducks given the players they're missing. (Head to Chat to discuss during the game.)

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Tammi Reiss will be first in line when UVa fires Thompson after this season. RI has some players. Redshirt senior Emmanuelle Tahane had 16 points and 19 rebounds.

Princeton dominated the 1st quarter 11-2 but their usually stifling defense failed them after that. It didn't help that their best player got hurt at end of 3Q and didn't seem 100% even when she returned. I wonder when was the last time a Berube-coached team gave up 59 in 3 quarters.

Ironically, Princeton's win streak dates from their overtime loss at Iowa, which was exactly two years ago today.
Coach Reiss is on my wish list for CVS replacement. Love her energy and passion on the sideline.

URI also was missing Elmore who is averages 13/10 for them as she’s out with a concussion.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Tough day for the Panthers and Camels. Davidson throttled HPU 76-54... VPI ripped Campbell 84-39.

Reaction Score
SC wins 88-60.

Buffalo was really game in the first half, making a lot of shots. Could trouble early in the third pretty much stopped their ability to stop SC and they started missing shots.

Saniya Rivers got her first playing time and was exciting.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Tough day for the Panthers and Camels. Davidson throttled HPU 76-54... VPI ripped Campbell 84-39.
With so many teams you root for, you have a lot of opportunities to be happy...or disappointed.

Plebe

Reaction Score
With so many teams you root for, you have a lot of opportunities to be happy...or disappointed.
At least in the nonconference, it's heavy on the disappointment.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Cal Baptist beat UC Irvine 93-88 in OT.
My favorite player Ane Olaeta led the way with 21 points, 17 assists and 8 rebounds. The assist mark is a school record, for men or woman. Olaeta now has 31 assists in 3 games. And I believe leads D1 in assists per game at 10.3 apg.

Reaction Score
Cal Baptist beat UC Irvine 93-88 in OT.
My favorite player Ane Olaeta led the way with 21 points, 17 assists and 8 rebounds. The assist mark is a school record, for men or woman. Olaeta now has 31 assists in 3 games. And I believe leads D1 in assists per game at 10.3 apg.
She is quite a player. Watched her in the OSU game (up close). Cal Baptist is a good team, they are going to do some damage this season. Fun team to watch.

Reaction Score
UMD without Benzan, Faith Masonius and Channise Lewis vs. Baylor because of injuries/illness. Diamond Miller also limited.

Plebe

Reaction Score
UMD without Benzan, Faith Masonius and Channise Lewis vs. Baylor because of injuries/illness. Diamond Miller also limited.
Whoa. Some serious personnel losses for this game. Apparently only dressing 8 players for the game.

Reaction Score
Interesting performance by UConn.

Stop Bueckers and you stop UConn but good luck with that.

I knew Fudd was good. But whether it's her knee or the change in level I'm not sure how badly she can hurt you off the dribble. You definitely will take your chance with that. I will say 2-3 years ago she could make things happen. So could be temporary.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Watched a bit of Baylor-Maryland. Holy cow the Bears sure are trigger happy on launching 3's. Kinda hard for Smith or Egbo to do anything if they never touch the ball.

I guess I watched the wrong part of the game. Smith has 13 on 6-9 shooting. Only 12 3's attempted. I must've seen all of them. But they only hit 4 of them, while almost 50% overall.

Reaction Score
Boy, burnt Orange doesn't look great on a creamsicle Orange background. #futureSECproblems.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Boy, burnt Orange doesn't look great on a creamsicle Orange background. #futureSECproblems.
Gonna be weird seeing this longtime nonconference rivalry game (annual since the early 80s?) become a conference game.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Nalyssa Smith so dominant. I am very impressed.

Reaction Score
Thought Texas looked pretty good, but maybe not quite at the point where they have great interior scoring.

Maryland really had that thing in hand until I guess there was a late comeback.

Baylor's offense to me looks to have a lot more spacing but they don't force inside as well and the defense probably isn't as intense.

I guess it's anyone's guess how Baylor will be set for talent going forward. They're a dangerous team though I bet come March.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom