Week 2 games (Nov. 30 – Dec. 6) | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Week 2 games (Nov. 30 – Dec. 6)

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Thanks for pointing this out; it was an egregious omission from my list. (I'll use the excuse that all those 2pm games wore me out.)

This will be a highly significant game for both teams and should be very entertaining to watch (IMO one of the 3 most appealing matchups of a chock-full slate of Sunday games). But unfortunately it appears that the stream requires a subscription ($11 per month) or a one-day pass ($7): https://gojacks.com/watch/purchase.aspx#register

This will be Gonzaga's last game of any significance out of conference. The Jackrabbits, by contrast, have the following schedule after this game: at Kansas State, at Northern Iowa, vs. Drake, at Missouri State. Then after a sojourn to Montana State, they'll play Northern Iowa a second time just before Christmas. Quite the decent little schedule that Aaron Johnston has put together.
I just saw this game listed on the ESPN app. Woohoo!

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
I hear there is a decent coach just down the road at Nichols!

Dobee would be honored to know that someone referenced her here on the BY!

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I’m more surprised tonight by Washington’s big lead over Cal.

Sunday of course will be an entirely different story, but UW has 2 straight blowout wins. I don't think they've beaten anybody in conference by a margin like that since Plum was wearing purple and gold.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Onyenwere grabbed 16 rebounds for UCLA, but she was only 5-16 shooting. Osborne was only 6-21. Gonna be hard for them to win games w/ their Big 2 shooting like that. Surprising it was this close.

I think Baptiste is gonna be a difference maker for Arizona. I didn't get to watch, but she had 18 pts/11 reb. She looked good in their previous game.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Sloppy play for Duke in the first quarter.... gotta clean that up. :mad: 24-4 Duke leads after 1 quarter over the powerful Pirates of East Carolina outta the mighty AAC.

Good news for Duke.... after sitting out the first two games.... Mikalya Boykin makes her season debut.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Still a bit sloppy... with 4 more turnovers in the quarter... (11 for the half) ... Duke leads 43-17 at the half

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
What's the deal, UConn leaves the AAC and now multiple teams look better (at least results):confused::confused:

Cinn also leading FL 25-21 midway through 2Q??

and BE not holding up so well?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Took care of Western Carolina... took care of East Carolina... South Coastal Carolina.... you want some next?? :mad: :mad::mad:

FInal from Durham 72-47.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Florida now leading 32-26
this game should be solid

LSU vs Auburn will be battle for worst in the sec this year. First to 30 points wins
LSU, Auburn, and Virginia will be 3 of the teams I bring up whenever anyone tries to claim ACC and SEC are the best conferences :cool:

Took care of Western Carolina... took care of East Carolina... South Coastal Carolina.... you want some next?? :mad: :mad::mad:
Nice to see Duke playing such a challenging early schedule :rolleyes: . I believe East Carolina over time has been the lowest-performing team in the AAC. I also see that Duke learned the lesson from last year: Don't play any mid-majors in their home gym:

Reaction Score
LSU, Auburn, and Virginia will be 3 of the teams I bring up whenever anyone tries to claim ACC and SEC are the best conferences :cool:

I dont think anyone is claiming SEC as the best conference. Football sure, WBB no. SEC has some good teams but the back half of the conference is laughably bad.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I dont think anyone is claiming SEC as the best conference. Football sure, WBB no. SEC has some good teams but the back half of the conference is laughably bad.
It's been claimed on this board, in the very recent past in fact. Not everyone has as a good a grasp on reality as you do.

Reaction Score
It's been claimed on this board, in the very recent past in fact. Not everyone has as a good a grasp on reality as you do.

SEC has way too many mediocre/bad coaches that are hanging around that need to be replaced. Every conference has its share of teams that are strong but PAC 12 is the best to me overall.

Reaction Score
a as
SEC has way too many mediocre/bad coaches that are hanging around that need to be replaced. Every conference has its share of teams that are strong but PAC 12 is the best to me overall.

Excuse me while I hide California this year. We're revoking their membership for one year after that display against Washington. I can't decide if Washington just finally found something that clicked or Cal was just that bad. Keep in mind, Washington graduated Amber Melgoza AND lost Missy Peterson for the season and still trounced Cal. What magical mysteries does Jody Wynn have in Seattle?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Well, I have good news for @SECbbfan24 as I am watching the Auburn-Houston game and Auburn is definitely the worst team in the SEC. Auburn is losing by 10 (closest they have been since the 1st qtr, midway through the 4th. 56-46 6 minutes left, sloppy play, poor shooting...:oops:

I gotta be honest here, Houston can't handle the press, has poor passing, poor rebound control that 1. after 6 years, I don't know how Huey still has a job and 2. I am so glad to be out of the American due to pathetic teams.

Last edited:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
If you're interested in watching the Stanford - UNLV game, it is being streamed on the Mountain West Network, (themw.com) at 2 P.M. Pacific.

Plebe

Reaction Score
If you're interested in watching the Stanford - UNLV game, it is being streamed on the Mountain West Network, (themw.com) at 2 P.M. Pacific.
Yes. Linked on the header post :)

Reaction Score
You have to be impressed that Houston managed to get 3 Power 5 Teams on their schedule so early. If they hold here against Auburn, they'll add that to a win over Oklahoma which isn't a bad collection despite this loss against Alabama.

Reaction Score
Well, I have good news for @SECbbfan24 as I am watching the Auburn-Houston game and Auburn is definitely the worst team in the SEC. Auburn is losing by 10 (closest they have been since the 1st qtr, midway through the 4th. 56-46 6 minutes left, sloppy play, poor shooting...:oops:

I gotta be honest here, Houston can't handle the press, has poor passing, poor rebound control that 1. after 6 years, I don't know how Huey still has a job and 2. I am so glad to be out of the American due to pathetic teams.

You could literally replace Auburn and Houston with. LSU and UCF and its the EXACT same storyline as last nights game. LSU and Auburn shoot like a bunch of 3rd graders who first picked up a basketball. UCF and Houston can't handle the press and turn it over a lot.

Hopefully tickets for LSU Auburn this year are free. Not sure why anyone would pay to watch that :D

Reaction Score
Florida with a strong 2nd half to win 81-58 over Cincinnati

Alabama vs Ok St should be interesting

Reaction Score
Vandy already down 13-4 to Little Rock.

White just sitting there throwing her hands up.

Reaction Score
Did anyone have North Dakota State heading for an upset over Green Bay on their 2020 Bingo Card? NDSU leads GB 42-30 with 3 to go in the third. Wild times.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
a as

Excuse me while I hide California this year. We're revoking their membership for one year after that display against Washington. I can't decide if Washington just finally found something that clicked or Cal was just that bad. Keep in mind, Washington graduated Amber Melgoza AND lost Missy Peterson for the season and still trounced Cal. What magical mysteries does Jody Wynn have in Seattle?

I'm cautiously optimistic. Last year was all about blowing double digit leads for Washington. Their last 2 games they've taken a decent lead going into Q4 and blown the game wide open, winning by nearly 30 each game. Yesterday was by far their biggest winning margin in a Pac 12 game since Wynn has been there. Previously it was by 14 over Colorado. I know Cal is 0-3 and looks really bad, but I'm still looking at it as a positive for the Dawgs.

But of course we will find out a lot more about what kind of team UW has on Sunday.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom